• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Pokemon Nickname Idea Thread

If I ever consider nicknaming pokemon then Solar and Luna would be the mascots nicknames.

So unless I change my team around once I get into the game, here's the team with the names. I have decided all of these names would be Hawaiin.

Incineroar - Alakai'i (leader)
I've explained this one a couple times, but if you didn't see. Basically the only other fire-starter I have chosen, and my first Pokemon ever was a Typhlosion named Piper. Piper is a name that is associated with leadership. So Alakai'i will follow his 2nd gen older sister and share the name of leader.

Lycanroc (Midday) - Leikea (white flower)
I was originally going to name her something to do with hunter in Hawaiin, but I saw this name and I really grew fond of it.

Alolan Raichu - Ka'auki (of the sea/seafarer)
I'll probably call him Puka whenever I send him out, knowing me. But this will be his official name.

Lurantis - Onaono (gentle and sweet)
I just see Lurantis as this graceful gentle creature who is not afraid to cut someone upon with it's sharp blade like plant arms if they hurt any of his/her Formantises.

Passimian - Hilina'i (trust)
From what the website says, Passimian work together, so they have to trust each other.

Mimikyu - Mana (spirit)
I felt like this name fitted Mimikyu a lot. It was very simple. And Mimikyu does somewhat resemble a dead Pikachu. Similar to Alolan Raichu, I'll probably call it Pikaboo a lot.

I've decided to name my Pokémon after candy:B That idea came to me rather randomly when I decided to call my Popplio "Popcorn".

So far I've got in my plans:
Popplio- Popcorn of course.
Rowlet- Jellybean.
Litten- Licorice
Rockruff- Rock Candy
Cosmoc- Cotton Candy
Bruxish- Bonbon
Sandslash- Considering just calling it Bread... because that's apparently what its called in Vietnamese Crystal. Maybe Gingerbread to make it fit the treat-theme. (Even though its an icetype now...)
And If I ever manage to get a shiny Alolan Raichu- Chocolate.

Well, the whole team's been together for a while, I was waiting for the games to come out in Europe before putting them here, but so long as I put 'em in a spoiler tag it's cool right? Heck all but one was officially revealed pre-release anyway.
Incineroar: George - Named for a friend's cat, he's funny.
Toucannon: Woody - As in Woody Woodpecker, since Pikipek wrote a check that its evolution refused to cash!
Charjabug (hasn't evolved into Vikavolt yet): Hariet - I was going to name it Horace for reasons even I don't understand, but I changed it to a feminine name when the Grubbin I caught turned out to be a girl. (funnily enough, everyone but George is a girl in this team)
Oricorio (Baille Form): Esmeralda - Named for the character of the same name from The Hunchback of Notre Dame (at least the Disney movie), I just thought the name suited it.
Lycanroc (Midday Form): Rita - I don't really know why, the name just jumped out. The intended name was Kouji, but the whole female thing came up again.
Tsareena: Sugilite - The reasoning was detailed a page or two ago, but if you look, Tsareena actually looks rather like Nicki Minaj, who voices Sugilite in Steven Universe, and there you have it.

I just want to highlight that my Mudbray is called Dirty Harry and I love it! Kelsey named hers Reinhardt.

And we just got Plushbear the Stuffle!

You need to name all your female Pokemon after all your waifus because that is an unsaid code of conduct. By doing so, you can feel more attached to that said Pokemon.

Example:

Call Kirlia: Nico
Call Braixen: Stocking

You need to name all your female Pokemon after all your waifus because that is an unsaid code of conduct. By doing so, you can feel more attached to that said Pokemon.

Example:

Even my female Mudbray? Even better if I find a female A-Exeggutor

Example:

But I don't know any Pokmon that would fit names like Yang and Pyrrha

Even my female Mudbray? Even better if I find a female A-Exeggutor

My point still stands no matter what. Once you name her after a waifu and imagine your waifu's soul in that body... you will treasure her far more!

But I don't know any Pokmon that would fit names like Yang and Pyrrha

It does't matter. Its all in believing your waifu is inside that Pokemon. Its a mental thing, not physical.

Current party. If you get the name references, reply!

Decidueye - Landroval
Golisopod - Oda Nobunaga
Kommo-o - Sohei
Alolan Raichu - Pacifica
Salazzle - Yuto (got it off of the GTS like that, but it's shiny so whatever)
Greninja is just Greninja :(

I haven't got the games yet, so this my dream team, and what I hope to name them-

Alola Raichu- Surge (Female)
I named her after Lt. Surge from Gen I games (his signature Pokemon Raichu finally gains some spotlight!), and Surge Surfer further confirmed her name.

Silvally (Steel)- Shivadi
I explained it before. It's rather a long explanation, so I don't want to repeat it...

Incineroar (Shiny Male)- Sirius
After Sirius Black from Harry Potter (though the name no longer suits him because of shiny, I decided to keep it).

Zygarde 10% - Ruffles
This one suddenly jumped up in my mind, I really love this cute doggy!

Lycanroc Midday- Rudolph
This was also random. When Rockruff was revealed, my first thought was Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer...

Hakomo-o- Sphinx
It sort of reminds me of a sphinx.

So I named my Litten Berlioz, after the kitten from the Aristocats, but then decided to make the rest of my team all have names related to music somehow (I'm a musician and composer, but I normally don't do themed team names like this).

So, my final team:
Berlioz the Incineroar, after composer Hector Berlioz.
Minim the Ribombee (minim is a word for half-note outside of America).
Satie the Raichu, after compose Erik Satie.
Beanie the Bewear (ok this ones not musical but it's so cute he's like a giant beanie-baby)
Byte the Wishiwashi, after sound bytes.
Truax the Palossand, after Barry Truax, a composer known for using granular synthesis.

Sidelined members:
Lyra the Lycanroc
Wubbz the Charjabug (it's silly but I wanted him to have a dubsteppy name).
Elisabeth the Toucannon, after Elisabeth Jaquet de la Guerre.
Melba the Komala (also not musical, but I love Melba from animal crossing).
Decibel the Araquanid, because it's kinda like a diving bell spider, and decibels measure volume of sound.

That's it. Thinking of naming my Solgaleo something extravagant, but I haven't figured out what yet.

Thinking of naming my Solgaleo something extravagant, but I haven't figured out what yet.

You know, if we're going to go with a musical theme, then something related to The Lion King would simply be too easy.

I wonder if there are legendary composers of classical music and opera that have any sort of subtle ties to a mythical lion? Perhaps somebody on par with a Mozart or a Beethoven.

Current party. If you get the name references, reply!

Decidueye - Landroval
Golisopod - Oda Nobunaga
Kommo-o - Sohei
Alolan Raichu - Pacifica
Salazzle - Yuto (got it off of the GTS like that, but it's shiny so whatever)
Greninja is just Greninja :(
Well, Oda Nobunaga was a historical figure from feudal Japan, the titular character of Nobunaga's ambition, and the main villain of Pokemon Conquest.
Pacifica makes me think of Pacifica Northwest from Gravity Falls.
As for the others... I got nuthin'

Well, Oda Nobunaga was a historical figure from feudal Japan, the titular character of Nobunaga's ambition, and the main villain of Pokemon Conquest.
Pacifica makes me think of Pacifica Northwest from Gravity Falls.
As for the others... I got nuthin'

Yeah, Golisopod looks like samurai armor to me so I went with a famous samurai lord.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom