• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Scan (the return of a old friend)

Habunake

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
scan1.jpg

PIKACHUUUUU!

What's this scan say? It seems to now show when you caught a Pokemon!

That wild Pikachu is Lv50. o.0

It looks like that page is about Transfering Pokémon from RSE/FRLG.

ZOMG TEH PIAKCHU SI IN TEH GAEM YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!11!1one!

But I must say, in a more serious manner, that I still like the fact that hour little critters from R/S/E and FR/LF can be passed to D/P. Rejoice!

It seems you transfer multiple Pokemon at like once...cool!

You can transfer 6 Pokemon a day....

And also, apparently old Pokemon like Pikachu can be found in places like the Safari Zone

Apparently, it may be a permanent trade!

I prefer the fat RB one.

And the RB Raichu, that was awesome looking.

I'm more interested from what magazine this scan was from, as their looks like their is more info.

And what is this?

question.jpg

-----------------------------------
Rumours going around CoroCoro got leaked.....we may be sitting on a news flood....

Last edited:
It records the date you got the pokemon. That's fascinating. Six pokes a day? I have more than six boxes full of pokes in FR, that would take me a whole month to transfer. o.o BTW, the D/P boxes seem to have the same set up as the third gen's.

^^^
I like it, it prevents people from transferring over like 50 some level 100s in a day, and owning Wi-Fi.

Anyway, it is probably better to start with newly hatched Pokemon,as the Metagame has changed.

Also, rumoured it may be PERMANENT!

I wasn't complaining against it, just that it would take a long time. Also, I don't care about the Physical/Special split.

^^
I know, I'm just saying it's wiser to raise newly hatched Pokemon in Shinou, to adpat to the changes.

And considering we will have alot of pre and evos of old Pokemon, we will probably have alot of old Pokemon in Shinou

^^^
I like it, it prevents people from transferring over like 50 some level 100s in a day, and owning Wi-Fi.

Anyway, it is probably better to start with newly hatched Pokemon,as the Metagame has changed.

Also, rumoured it may be PERMANENT!

What do you mean, permanent? Are you trying to suggest that it was implied that GBA Pokémon have to be returned to Hoenn after a while?

^ Isn't it likely that once you've transferred a Pokemon over to D/P, you won't be able to transfer it back?

I wonder if it's possible to transfer over all your Pokemon on a single game? What'd happen then? Would the older game glitch because you wouldn't be able to get into random battles?

The game has a safeguard against that. If you have one poke left in your team, you can't get rid of it. I think D/P's transfer mechanism only interacts directly with your boxes in the third gen anyway. So, if you have pokes on you in your game, then they won't be transferred. You would have to box your team and give yourself an extraneous pokemon so that you can store the last one.

Zhen Lin said:
What do you mean, permanent? Are you trying to suggest that it was implied that GBA Pokémon have to be returned to Hoenn after a while?
On the contrary, he is suggesting that it can be derived that it will be impossible to trade from Shin'ou to Hoenn or Kanto, even in cases of Pokémon which originate from the latter group (previously traded to Shin'ou). In other words, we are dealing with transfers, rather than trades, the likes of which have only been experienced in Pokémon Box.

Jo-Jo said:
Isn't it likely that once you've transferred a Pokemon over to D/P, you won't be able to transfer it back?
You speak of it as though it were trivial. It is more necessary than it is likely.

I am slightly taken aback by the fact that very few saw this coming, and that even now there are those who are at a complete loss as to what lies behind these unprecedented conditions. After all, Game Freak hinted at this over a year ago, and it all becomes perfectly logical once the facts are brought into light.

The DS-GBA interaction utilized in Pokémon Dash (with Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen) and Mystery Dungeon Blue (with Mystery Dungeon Red) is such that reads the GBA save file, but does not write onto it. There was a time when some players expected Dash to modify the Emerald Pokémon sprites, and even when that did not happen, it was blamed on Emerald's programming as opposed to a less specific factor.

Come Mystery Dungeon, it should have become clear that the interaction is, in fact, completely one-sided (the Nintendo DS' side, of course). The two games are only compatible in one regard - if the Red version is inserted into the GBA slot when the Blue version is running, it is possible to upload the Red version's Rescue Team data. This allows the Red Rescue Team to be encountered in the Blue version, but not vice-versa.

It follows that same has to hold true for Diamond and Pearl's compatibility with the GBA games; Pokémon will be sent to Shin'ou, but not back from. However, unlike what some of you believe, this arrangement is not as dismal as it might first appear - the very same Pokémon will continue to exist in the GBA game. How so? Diamond and Pearl may be able to read the GBA save file, but without writing onto it, there will be no record of the transfer having taken place on the GBA side.

I wonder if it's possible to transfer over all your Pokemon on a single game? What'd happen then? Would the older game glitch because you wouldn't be able to get into random battles?
The problem would simply not present itself.

There is plenty more to be said on the subject, but I think this piece of insight is more than enough to digest for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom