• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Super Smash Brothers Brawl Site...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think NA will get this before Japan. We've gotten quite alot of Nintendo games first, such as Mario games. Plus, I haven't seen any Japanese trailers at all but they've all been in English.

trust me, go on the Japanese site, all the movies (including trailers) are differentiated as such. The "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" logo is the "Dairantou Smash Bros. X" logo, the Metal Gear characters' dialog is Japanese, "BOWSER" is spelt as "KOOPA", Sonic is voiced by Har... er, Jun'ichi Kanemaru, etc. BTW, while this game was debuted at E3, I do recall seeing the Japanese version of that same trailer (in which the logo's different and the conversation between Snake and Campbell uses Japanese text rather than English subtitles) not long afterwards. I forget where though (it may've been on the official site).

Last edited:
sonickuhy9.jpg

The release date is now February 10th for the US. : ( They'd better include a lot of the old stages and all of the old characters if they're going to take that long.

Three days before my Birthday...

Will Sakurai now slow down with updates a bit, as he was going kinda fast?

He still has plenty of time to cover every item and stage and modes and crap. : p He might slow down on the characters though, we've been getting one per week for the past month.

I can't say I'm too happy knowing the game is now 4 months away. Jeez, that's a long time.

Hopefully the fan-reaction to Brawl not having a competent online mode is what's being addressed here, and I would also love to see all of Melee's stages make a return.

Of course adding in more characters doesn't hurt, and hopefully that will be included as well. But man...4 months? Ouch. Hopefully they work overtime to make this game as complete as possible.

YAY! it has been delayed in America...I hope this means there isn't a lot of time between then and the Europe release date...I would hate for this delay to delay europe's release.

Also, did anyone see the trailer where Yoshi had WINGS??? That and the glowy-fireball spitty thing just screams final smash to me.

That is Yoshi's final smash - it was shown here.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/yoshi.html

I wonder what Pokemon appeared in the demo, as that IGN site mentioned the level was playable.

Maybe Sakurai will update with all the new AT's or Pokemon tommorow shown?

From the IGN article posted up by Zeta
We've posted a lot of Brawl media over these last several months, but none of the screens of videos do the game justice -- at least not completely. The fighter runs not only in 480p and 16:9 widescreen modes, but it does so at a spectacular 60 frames per second, never once disturbed. We've only been able to post a single video that shows off this fluidity in all of the time that we've been covering it, and you'll need to travel far back in our videos section to see it. Even when you do, you will not benefit, however, from watching it unfold on a large widescreen television. The title's exceptionally varied and clean, sharp environments are bombarded by never-ending particle explosions and other effects while characters jump around and animate flawlessly through the foreground and background. The result is stunning, especially given the scale of some stages.
Yum, I like fluidness. :9

Seriously, with this frickin' delay, I'm expecting 50 characters or MORE. There really is no excuse for Nintendo to not be able to get this out on time.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/15372

Vids.

We hear Metaknight talk, and I think it's English "Let's get moving". No Eric Stuart up in here, so Spanish Heritage month begone!

But I don't recognize his victory theme....

Last edited:
What Pokemon is that at the end of the Castle Siege video?

^Munchlax

The game looks a lot more smooth than the demo videos nintendo puts out. It's rather amazing

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3163615

Assist Trophies: In a nod to the old school, Brawl brings in Assist Trophies -- special items that when activated summon up "assistants" from memorable classic games to help beat on your opponents. It's a surprising moment, when in the heat of battle the tanks from Advance Wars come out in single-file or Little Mac appears punching up a storm.

I saw alot of suggestions for him...

: ( Aww, that sucks. I wanted Little Mac playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom