• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Next FanFic Winners?

'Other Serial' means that it isn't exactly a crackfic, shipfic, or an OT fic. It's it's own thing, and it rolls with it. *sneaks up on Zekurom and highfives him/her/it*

Him, for future reference. *returns the high five*

Transformers: Hellbound by Lugion for Best Underappreciated Fic

Hell to the yeah, man! lol

And don't you guys think I'm not reading your fics. I am. Kind of. :p

It's just that some of you guys have pretty long fics, and balancing reading several fics with writing my own, and just generally living... I don't always make fast progress.

I just cant wait for the awards. They are not to far away. Theres got to be a lot of brand new great fics.

It's just that some of you guys have pretty long fics, and balancing reading several fics with writing my own, and just generally living... I don't always make fast progress.

I imagine that I'll be writing new chapters for my own fanfic faster than you can read them :p

You don't have to read all 25 to review.

Yeah, and that's what I disagree with.

But the thing is, people generally stick to the things they know, therefore, the same fics could win over and over and over again, without any of the newer, smaller, and possibly better ones having a chance.

Like someone else said it will just end up as a Popularity contest. Imagine the same two fics winning over and over and others will be left to hope.

I say that once a fic gets itself on the archives, or has already won an award, it is disqualified. Of course, this means that the 'fresh meat' fics need to prove their snuff. Of course, that would mean that authors would have tp write a new fic every few months, if they are award-winning authors. This could mess people up, but, it would give the writer's block section more and more use.

Well all good things should come to an end... even great fics.
Seriously imagination is like a muscle, use it or lose it.

Why not simply give the previous winners an honorary award or something if they get nominated again for the same category, but not the actual category award?

Really, people, we can't help it if everyone keeps liking the old fics a lot...

However, for qualifying for that "honorary award" (or even the actual award), I say that old fics need to be updated between the two Fic Awards.

Why not simply give the previous winners an honorary award or something if they get nominated again for the same category, but not the actual category award?

Really, people, we can't help it if everyone keeps liking the old fics a lot...

However, for qualifying for that "honorary award" (or even the actual award), I say that old fics need to be updated between the two Fic Awards.

That sounds good.

Rival's Story for Best Journey Fic
A Lover's Tiff for Best Shipping Fic
The Pokemon Guru Gastly's Mama for Best Author
Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

Rival's Story for Best Journey Fic
A Lover's Tiff for Best Shipping Fic
The Pokemon Guru Gastly's Mama for Best Author
Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

The contest ain't till September, so try not to put your votes up now.

Well all good things should come to an end... even great fics.
Seriously imagination is like a muscle, use it or lose it.

Wait...are you guys thinking about finished fics? Because I'm talking about fics that continue. If the continuations are good, why shouldn't they be rewarded like anything else?

Oh. My bad.

Eh, so did I. But yes, continuing fics should definitely be eligible for their new content.

And finished fics should be eligible one last time when they're finished, regardless of whether it won an award already.

So let's say Generation 2021 gets an award (I wish >_>) when I'm done Chapter 36, and another one (I'm just dreaming o_o) when I'm done Chapter 50.

I'll be finished before the third one comes around, meaning that it should only be able to win an award once after it's finished, for a total of three (yeah, right <_<).

Is that a good idea?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom