• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nuzlocke Challenge

Platinum so far:
Team:
-TerrorBird the Staravia
-Rose the Roselia
-Splashes the Psyduck
-Sea Godess the Buizel
-PoisonMoth the Dustox
-Gassy the Gastly

In Box:
-Rocky the Geodude
-Sparkly the Shiny Geodude
-NightWatch the Hoothoot
-Mirror the Bronzor

Badges:
-Coal Badge
-Forest Badge

The Lost:
-Tsunami the Prinplup (Lost to Mars' Purugly)
-Kazza the Kadabra (Also lost to Mars' Purugly)
-Nuzlocke the Bibarel (Went down to a Pachirisu and Wurmple in Eterna Forest)
-Easter the Buneary (Training mishap involving a critical hit Gust from a Beautifly on Route 205)

Last edited:
Now starting a Nuzlocke in Black. *3 minutes later* I lost! Oh well, let's try again!

Been wanting to try the Nuzlocke Challenge for a while, might actually give it a go on Heart Gold once I transfer all my Pokémon across to Black. I will definitely fail before the first gym though.

NEW RECORD!!! I lost 3 Nuzlockes in 1 day! Ugh... Well, here we go again! I'm still deciding what game to use, though.

Well ive been playing heartgold.

Party:
Leaf (chikorita) lv 9
Spear (spearow) lv 6
Fang (rattata) lv 5

Box: Airo (pidgey) lv 2 or 3
Bell (bellsprout) lv 6

dead: Wings (pidgey) went down to joeys rattata of all pokemon. I will miss him. and i killed joey too

wow,if u try this you have guts! i have tried to finish the game without evolving any pokemon.(emerald)(i migrated after the 6th gym).but anyway,i still think that is a cool idea and would be worth trying it for thosewho think the game through more.

I REALLY wanna try this, but I don't know what game I'd use. I guess I could use Yellow, since I'm done with it.

EDIT: It's decided. I'll use Yellow. I'll follow rules 1, 2, & 5. Maybe I'll do a blog.

However, I'm not gonna start right away. I've gotta trade the things I want to keep to Blue, as well as things I can't get in that game.

One last thing. Is it NOT ok to do the Mew glitch? I'm guessing no.

Last edited:
Pikachu200 it mean that he first pokemon that shows up per area is the only one you can catch in that area. If it faints, there are no pokemon from that area allowed to catch.

And Flareth, It wouldnt be okay to do the mew glitch becuse by what from what ive heard to do it you won have mew be the first pokemon u encounter.

As for me, the sage elder with the hoothoot smoked my team. Thinking about doing a FR run.

Started my second nuzlocke challenge, first on fire red, this one on black. Chose tepig as my starter, caught a patrat right away, then a lillipup, and a pansage after that, grind for 5 and a half in game hours, beat the first gym no problem, off to more grinding, but not anymore tonight.

Welp had my first casualities already :( RIP Pookie the patrat (at level 19) and Thor the Blitzle at level 19 aswell...Stupid sawk! Killed my patrat, then I went to try and run away and it killed my blitzle too :(

Another question. On Yellow, am I allowed to get the Kanto starters?

That was short...and bitter...9 hours of grinding, getting to Lenora, lose three pokes to the grind and just go for it with my four..Norm the Piginite, Monica the Drillbur, Birtha the Herdier and honestly can't remember what I nicknamed my Pansage but that too..Lenora took us out, all at level 19, since I couldn't go above 20 without them refusing to listen to me. So much time down the drain, but I'm starting again! Going with Tepig again because hoping his fighting type will help me out with Lenora if I set everything up right!

I'm not sure what the official rule on received and bred pokémon is, really. Some people count them as that location's pokémon, others don't. I guess it's up to you to decide.

@Flareth ive never played yellow so i dont really know. If its on a route, dont encounter any others and youre okay, if it in city dont get any others and you ok.

Running this as we speak on Emerald. Wild Cascoon wouldn't stay in the ball in Petalburg Woods and I only had two left. >_> Other than that I've been fairly lucky with the (few) catches I've had thus far.

I've decided to give this a try on Emerald with these rules.

1 - If a pokémon faints IT IS DEAD. It must be taken to a pc and released, there are no exceptions to this.
2 - In line with the above rule, if all of your pokémon faint die its game over.
3 - Nickname your pokémon, making it all the more upsetting when they die.
4 - You may only catch the first pokémon of each new route/city, new pokemon fainted? Tough shit. Wanted a pokémon that only shows up here but wasn't first? Tough shit.

I made it all the way to Rustboro City without losing any team members (although there were a few close calls). I'm going to do a bit of grinding before I take on Roxanne.

My current team:
Java the Mudkip ♂ (Level 8)
Marley the Silcoon ♀ (Level 8)
Flynn the Poochyena ♀ (Level 8)
Sorbet the Whismur ♀ (Level 6)

Deceased:
None

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom