• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

o.o It really happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, PTL, what will you say to the fans discovering Pokemon after the new season begins? The fans who don't know about the original VAs? Oops, sorry? Trust me, the original VAs are better?

Hmm......

That's a very good question, gadfly. And before now, I never thought about that.

Well, I guess what I would do is just ask them a couple questions like: what they think of the show in general, what they think of the voices of the characters, have they ever seen the show before when it had 'different' voices, and also what is their individual opinion relating to the voice acting and how the characters are protrayed.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Well, I guess what I would do is just ask them a couple questions like: what they think of the show in general, what they think of the voices of the characters, have they ever seen the show before when it had 'different' voices, and also what is their individual opinion relating to the voice acting and how the characters are protrayed.

I call that hemming and hawing.

Huh?

Hemming and hawing?

Hmm, that sounds like a bad thing......

And I'm sorry, but I'm not really familiar with those terms. ^^o

Would you mind explaining to me what they mean?

In other words, beating about the bush. Saying something without addressing the issue. Geez! I must be getting really old when my lingo isn't understandable by younger people.

Oh, okay.

I see what you mean now.

And no, it's not you gadfly. It's probably just me. I mean, for one thing, I don't read as much as I should (due to my love for Pokemon, anime, and video games)......

But still, when it comes to knowing what certain words mean, I usually either already know what they mean, or I can find out by what's in the context of the message. That just wasn't the case this time. ^^o

Nah, it really is just gadfly being old. xD

To me, hemming is something you do with dresses, a thread, and a needle. Hawing is laughing.

I tried reading serebii again but it made my eyes bleed... it's like that lousy rap intro, it just goes on and on and on and on... ;_;

A little worried that Maddie seems to think the CN execs will be AMUSED that much their personal work emails have been given out on the internet along with directions to a bunch of eager fans to spam them - and you know a lot of those emails aren't going to be coherent or polite, and a bunch WILL be saying "don't air Pokemon!" I get annoyed when I get one piece of unwanted email that makes it through the filter, and I don't even have a job. imagine what happens when you get hundreds in the inbox you use for work everyday, and probably more viruses and junk too because they're out there now for all the spambots to find... this does NOT make us fans look professional or reasonable at all. It's not my way to win friends! And if some random student like me can figure that out in five seconds, I wish it'd entered some other people's minds before the craziness started...

What happened to the common sense of the "movement"?? I feel like a lot of people have lost some perspective... what a headache. Argh!

PokemonTrainerLisa said:

The answer is easy to predict: "We didn't pay attention to the voice acting, we were too busy watching it for the plot and characters."

Yeah, that's probably true, Dogasu. ^^o

Although, I'm sure they'll eventually pay attention to the voice acting. And they'll notice sooner or later whether they think it's good or bad.

Not if that's the only thing they've heard. :p

No, I didn't mean in comparison to anything.

I mean, they'll notice whether the voice acting in the show is good or bad in general (despite not knowing about the original VAs). ^^o

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
No, I didn't mean in comparison to anything.

I mean, they'll notice whether the voice acting in the show is good or bad in general (despite not knowing about the original VAs). ^^o

Considering they'll be running Chronicles, they'll have a direct comparison to go by.

xDD;;
And your avatar's a different picture of Meowth too... ^^; Somehow, I was like: 'DUDE, I DIDN'T POST YET. o_O;' Then I read the username.
Heh. Oops.

Oh, yeah, Chronicles. ^^

Yeah, that's true, Maddie. :)

Pokemon Chronicles is airing, so they'll have something to compare it to afterall.

Heh, I guess I was right in the first place. ^^o

Assuming they watch Pokemon Chronicles at the same time.

Thing is, Season 9 will probably debut after Chronicles has a complete run-through on Toonami. If that's the case, you can't assume that everyone who tunes in to Season 9 saw the older dub. I mean, the chances of someone just getting into the show with the new dub is very slim, but it's still a possibility.

Dogasu said:
If that's the case, you can't assume that everyone who tunes in to Season 9 saw the older dub. I mean, the chances of someone just getting into the show with the new dub is very slim, but it's still a possibility.

Actually, I think the turnover in fans of the show is substantial.

The target audience would want to watch something "more adult" as soon as they could. It's a "kid's show" they would say. You only have to think back to when you were the same age to see it's true.

Meanwhile, they would be replaced by kids graduating from Dora the Explorer.

After a year or two, there will be tens of thousands, probably lots more, fans of the show who have never heard the original VAs. People here are proposing to yank the rug from underneath them by reinstating the original VAs. Wouldn't that be ironic--the next generation of Pokemon fans mounting their own SOVA campaign?

Don't confuse those of us posting here with the general audience. We in no way represent the typical Pokemon viewer. Yes, you and Archaic have said as much time and again, but it's all too easy to slip into familiar routines among similarly-minded fans.

ARGH! This sucks! We have to get the voice actors back on top!

Last edited:
I watched Pokemon: Master of mirages or whatever it was called about a week ago and even Ash's voice will not be safe if this goes through. The new actors are really high-pitched and squeaky apart from May who now sounds like Jesse! Seriously, Ash will no longer sound like Ash!! Team Rocket will not sound like Team Rocket!!! Pokemon Anime will be (in my opinion) ruined!!!

I watched Pokemon: Master of mirages or whatever it was called about a week ago and even Ash's voice will not be safe if this goes through. The new actors are really high-pitched and squeaky apart from May who now sounds like Jesse! Seriously, Ash will no longer sound like Ash!! Team Rocket will not sound like Team Rocket!!! Pokemon Anime will be (in my opinion) ruined!!!

I'm sorry...but are you an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom