• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

October 25 episode title revealed

Piplup

XY
Reaction score
Sushi:
If it was just a new title I would have posted it in one of the already existing threads, but there was a whole lot of other stuff included in the info, so I hope you can bear with me ^^"

Whoever said the Tag Battle tournament might be a three-parter was right:

DP051: Tag Battle! The Finals!
Airdate: Most likely October 25th, 2007

* The retrospect of the special this week has been given its own name ("Ash and Dawn! Towards a new Adventure!") and was apparently counted into the numbering system as well (DP048), which would disarrange the number of all following eps by one. I'll ignore it for now, but just so you know.
* DP050 and this episode will be delayed by one week if some baseball team called 'Yomiuri Giants' wins the championship, because then a special program about this event will be squeezed into DP's time slot on the 18th of October.

Source: PokéAni

I guess that lowers the possibility of the tournament/contest at the same time... but I still hope

*brain melts down*. So...many...delays...

Shinou is going to endup lasting 4+ years if this keeps up.

After a year DP aired 47 episodes (or 48 if that Ash/Dawn thing is counted as episode but I don't think so because the summaries didn't mention that)
AG I think aired exactly 52 episodes
So there really isn't any huge difference

Yeah, 47 episodes in a single year is pretty damn good. They only missed 5 weeks because of delays. It'll all even out in the end anyway.

By the time D/P ends, it probably won't be that much longer or shorter than AG was, unless of course the 5th gen games don't come out for 5+ years instead of the standard 4.

they're giving the recap special the "Satoshi & Haruka! Hot Battles in Houen!" treatment? Aw Christ, now every site in existence is gonna debate over whether it should count as an actual episode and once again result in inconsistent episode numberings throughout the fandom. -_- Dammit, after only one year... I was really enjoying having some consistency for once since DP reset the numbering (with the obvious exception of certain sites that're too stubborn to change the numbering from the first series *cough* SPP *cough*). Well, here's hoping they don't end up throwing a banned episode into the mix later on (they STILL haven't aired that Dojotch episode anywhere, for that matter. What the fuck? Would it be so hard to dedicate a Pokemon Sunday episode towards airing it as a special, or a movie DVD extra, or a rental DVD, or something? Surely that earthquake incident has well passed by now).

Don't those clip shows always suck anyway?

I remember Dogasu posting on his site about how choppy and poorly edited the one in Hoenn was when showing all the old battles.

I think it would be cool if they dubbed those clip specials at some point, you know, just to give fans in the U.S. a nice recap of what's happened so far. XD

And wow, so if that baseball team wins the championship, they will have to delay D/P again. Well, I guess that's good news for us dub fans, considering we'll get even closer to the Japanese version because of that. XD

Scott85 said:
I remember Dogasu posting on his site about how choppy and poorly edited the one in Hoenn was when showing all the old battles.

It was just the music I had a problem with, really. Something the dub could have actually improved on.

My site said:
Clip shows don't necessarily have to be bad (look at Samurai Champloo), but this one is just awful. The clips themselves are good, and the anime producers do a fine job of focusing on each battle. However, the whole episode comes off as extremely lazy since the anime producers don't re-edit any of the music at all. Whenever a clip is played, whatever music was playing at that moment in that episode is played along with it. That makes sense and all, but when the episode's producers skip ahead to a clip further along in the episode, the music skips along with it. This happens way too many times for it to be a one-time mistake. There's also a portion where the narrator is having to talk over the audio of one of the episodes because the episode's producers couldn't be bothered to mute the clip they were showing. This is, without a doubt, the laziest clip show I've ever seen.

I think it would be cool if they dubbed those clip specials at some point, you know, just to give fans in the U.S. a nice recap of what's happened so far. XD

Buying a clip show to dub when they can just as easily make their own? Can't really see them doing that, no.

And yeah, the Houen clip show was rather annoying to watch with all the music skipping. Particularly the 5th gym battle, where they threw a song into the mix. Ew.

Dogasu, I wanted to ask you something....

How close do you believe the U.S. dub will get to the Japanese version? Like in a few months from now, how far behind/close do you imagine the dub will be, in regards to episodes?

I mean, since the Japanese version will be having at least one more delay (if not more), than it's very likely that the dub will catch up, like we'll only be behind by a few episodes or something.

And personally, I think this is amazing, because the dub has never been this close to Japan before (if I remember correctly).

I'm really loving all these mini-arcs we're getting this season. This is the stuff we always BEGGED to happen in the older seasons but never got.

- Back in Kanto, we always wanted Gary to show up more often and have more battles/interactions with Ash...but that never happened. With Paul, they do just that. Its almost like Paul has the kind of rivalry with Ash that Gary *should* have had.

- We always wanted to see Misty in a bigger role and have more frequent battles instead of holding that damn egg, but that never happened. Now, the newer female characters do just that.

- We always wanted to see the Elite's properly introduced, and for the first time, that's happening.

- We always wanted to see real evil competent villains, and Pokehunter J is just that.

Presumedly Ash will continue to evolve his Pokemon in D/P like he did in AG, so I'm glad for that continued improvement.

Its amazing how all the stuff we always wanted this show to do is finally being realized. It may have taken 10 seasons, and the writers had to look back at what went right and wrong with the old ones, but we finally got it. I'm really impressed.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom