• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Odd happenings with trashcans in pokemon.

In the older genereations I find you were more likely to find something in the trash cans than the later games. I think they put the trash cans in the later games for sentimental reasons rather than aything else.

I think they should have had Trubbish jump out of the trashcans... but that is just me.

But I remember when I was a kid, I would always look through every trashcan because it was like a treasure heunt

I like finding things in trashcans. Just wish they were more frequent. I usually check most of the trash cans and only find one or two things in the entire game.

I'm sure they could put some sort of Easter Egg thing in there that makes checking trash cans more rewarding.

I agree I always check every trash can I can find. the eater egg thing sounds interesting although I don't know what it would be. It is pretty frustrating how few item you can find though.

I remember finding Leftovers or something similar in a trash can in one of the early games, and I made it a point for some time since to check trash cans that I run across. Of course, having a bottom-screen itemfinder in the more recent games has made this a bit redundant, though I still check any suspicious trash cans, namely those right next to people or in important places. It'd be nice if they added in at least some flavor text as easter eggs in some of them... they could even add a chance of certain poison-types like Trubbish or Grimer inhabiting them.

What if there was a secret trashcan that you go inside of to get to a secret game corner or something?

I don't get why you don't find Pokemon like Grimer or Trubbish hiding in trashcans. That feature should be added in future games.

They really should. It wouldn't be that hard to code, either: it's probably just as hard to code rock smash pokemon encounters.

I know in R/S/E in that shipwreck in order to find some keys to open other doors some of the keys are in trashcans. Anything else you find in trashcans are usually something you can buy at the local PokeMart, so I don't give them much thought.

As RexRacer said, There simply isn't enough items in the trash cans so I really don't bother looking in every single one, Because 9 time out of 10 there is nothing there, Witch makes having a trash can inside most buildings a complete waste of time, But I don't really remember finding anything interesting in trash cans before, Maybe a potion but that's it.

I Found A Master Ball In The Victini Island Bin

How hard could it be to program trash cans to act like Rock Smash? Find random items or encounters.

In the Kanto games whenever it says "Nothing but trash in here!" or similar words it always makes me have an unwelcome recollection of trying to get to Surge... so I never look in bins unless tipped off. (Like on the S.S. Anne when the chef tells you he saw a "strange ball" in the trash)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom