• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

So.... whats the point in transferring over Pokemon from GO into the actual game, since it cannot be done before Fuchsia (Which i was already expecting btw), if you want too use Pokemon that can be caught in-game regardless. GF hasn't really thought this one through, since the mechanic is pretty pointless at that point.
I think there's still plenty of appeal there, just like people enjoyed all the transferring methods in the main series that were locked to the postgame. Since GO Pokemon are likely going to be pretty strong, they can't have them at the start because it'd throw off game balance. (Plus, if the obeying stuff is still in effect, players wouldn't be able to use them until they got the right badge, anyways) Plus, LGPE is supposed to be able to transfer up to Gen 8, so it helps bring GO Pokemon to whatever new features Gen 8 has.

This game is probably to teach them the basics in an environment they already know. And also a testing ground for Switch.
GO players are already used to new Pokémon, by the way (we're nearly hitting 4th gen).
Either way, even if 900 Pokémon are avaliable for Gen 8, keep in mind you probably won't be able to catch them all without Pokémon Bank, a software aimed for experienced Pokémon players.

Gen 3 is 16 years old. That's not new

I think there's still plenty of appeal there, just like people enjoyed all the transferring methods in the main series that were locked to the postgame. Since GO Pokemon are likely going to be pretty strong, they can't have them at the start because it'd throw off game balance. (Plus, if the obeying stuff is still in effect, players wouldn't be able to use them until they got the right badge, anyways) Plus, LGPE is supposed to be able to transfer up to Gen 8, so it helps bring GO Pokemon to whatever new features Gen 8 has.

I understand with the lvl issue, but when you plan on using a Pokemon you can catch early in-game, then whats the point in transferring one over (Same with the other Pokemon, since there is still the possibility that Pokemon that are be transferred over can be at a lower lvl at the point where you are in-game, meaning there is literally no point in having that mechanic if its so late in the game).

I understand with the lvl issue, but when you plan on using a Pokemon you can catch early in-game, then whats the point in transferring one over (Same with the other Pokemon, since there is still the possibility that Pokemon that are be transferred over can be at a lower lvl at the point where you are in-game, meaning there is literally no point in having that mechanic if its so late in the game).
Oh, I see what you mean! Yeah, transferring does become less appealing when the dexes are exactly the same, I think Game Freak's hoping sentimental attachment to GO Pokemon will make up for it.

Oh, I see what you mean! Yeah, transferring does become less appealing when the dexes are exactly the same, I think Game Freak's hoping sentimental attachment to GO Pokemon will make up for it.
Masuda says in the interview that the idea is for parents to catch Pokemon outside and bring them home for their kids to have. It isn't that bad an idea (the games encourage you to catch multiple Pokemon of each species) and it might be the easiest way to get the Alolan variants, to say nothing of those pesky version exclusives.

Last edited:
@Cresselia92 Problem is that the main games were already casualized to begin with. Choosing between the main series and the LG games is basically choosing between casual mode and super casual mode. Or to use your bike analogy, it's like having to choose between a bike with training wheels glued on or a tricycle. The motorbike option doesn't exist right now and they're forcing you to stay on the sidewalk. That can hardly be considered real variety, it's kind of redundant because it's targeting the same audience whereas the hardcore audience is left high and dry. You wanna talk real variety, let's see them provide both casual and hardcore experiences, varying levels of difficulty, various aspects of the gameplay such as battling, collecting, exploring, story, and having a deep and wide variety of bonus content and sidequests. But they haven't really made a game like that since the DS era.

And yes, the concern that LG will replace the main games is valid. Do you know how businesses work? They don't just look for any profitable option. They look for the most profitable option. If they see the LG games are making them more money than the main games, Business 101 says to cut the main games and focus on the LG games to maximize profits. So if the LG games outsell the main series, you can bet they'll be replacing the main games. It could go as you say and serve to absorb the casualization from the main games, but all signs are pointing towards more forced casualization and they haven't given any real indication that they're interested in appealing to the hardcore side of the fanbase. Between that and Game Freak's constant comments on trying to keep the core gameplay casual and accessible, they really haven't earned that kind of trust in the 2019 games.

It's like Masuda thinks the Pokemon GO audience / kids are dummies.
If that wasn’t bad enough, even the other members of Game Freak questioned Masuda’s logic about removing wild battles for Let’s Go if the interview is any indication. This might be an indication that he’ll either end up leaving soon due to a possible clash in ideologies or that he might be getting kicked out soon.

If that wasn’t bad enough, even the other members of Game Freak questioned Masuda’s logic about removing wild battles for Let’s Go if the interview is any indication. This might be an indication that he’ll either end up leaving soon due to a possible clash in ideologies or that he might be getting kicked out soon.

Yeah, I smell a mutiny/split coming. If the rest of Game Freak is this opposed to Masuda's decisions, then either he'll be persuaded to retire or there's going to be a mass exodus of employees at Game Freak. Hopefully the former, as the latter could be very damaging to the series.

...the driving force behind the development of Let’s Go, Pikachu and Let’s Go, Eevee was bringing those two groups of people together in some way.

I think this is ironic. Because all this game seems to have done is divide the playerbase further...Removing traditional capture mechanics. Revisiting Kanto for the umpteenth time, with no modernization. Omitting every Pokemon past Gen 1, including the likes of Scizor, Electivire, and even Eevee's various Evolutions. More force-fed tutorials, player assistance, and another FRIENDLY RIVAL to boot, as if Sun and Moon didn't give everyone their fill...Clearly it's all being done for lapsed fans and newcomers. While the regular playerbase has been up in arms.

I think this is ironic. Because all this game seems to have done is divide the playerbase further...Removing traditional capture mechanics. Revisiting Kanto for the umpteenth time, with no modernization. Omitting every Pokemon past Gen 1, including the likes of Scizor, Electivire, and even Eevee's various Evolutions. More force-fed tutorials, player assistance, and another FRIENDLY RIVAL to boot, as if Sun and Moon didn't give everyone their fill...Clearly it's all being done for lapsed fans and newcomers. While the regular playerbase has been up in arms.

Seriously. Masuda is either lying or stupid when he says he's trying to bring players together. This is most certainly not the way to bring players together if ever there was a way (which, if Go's mechanics are really all that necessary for the casual players, there isn't). You'd think it'd be common sense that you don't bring two groups of people together by ignoring one of them and forcing them to comply with the preferences of the other.

Yeah, I smell a mutiny/split coming. If the rest of Game Freak is this opposed to Masuda's decisions, then either he'll be persuaded to retire or there's going to be a mass exodus of employees at Game Freak. Hopefully the former, as the latter could be very damaging to the series.

Neither of these things are going to happen.

He won't be kicked out since he's one of the co-founders of Game Freak-- ie: the higher ups.
We're talking about a Japanese company here.
Though a mass exodus of lower staff may be possible.

Also, Masuda's decision is probably going to be popular among the casuals, and will earn them money.
They stated clearly that they are targeting casuals this time round.

So... maybe the simplified mechanics will draw in more people, instead of only catering to the more intelligent people.

Last edited:
So... maybe the simplified mechanics will draw in more people, instead of only catering to the more intelligent people.

Excuse me. Are you subtly implying that people who are interested in these games are dumb(er)?

People can very well like these games even if they are “smart” or “competitive” fans, you know.

Excuse me. Are you subtly implying that people who are interested in these games are dumb(er)?

People can very well like these games even if they are “smart” or “competitive” fans, you know.
No.
But I mean that people who find wild battles difficult are dumber.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom