• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is basically a speculation thread to anything sword/shield related so it's just fair to speculate about it. that's why there's an "if" in most posts here i guess.

otherwise it will be called "confirmed info discussion thread" or something if we're only limited to discuss the scarce info we know about the first two you mention and i believe there are lots of separate threads for them to be discussed.

i think it's fair to let our imaginations run wild even for a short while and enjoy it while it lasts until we get more concrete info.
I wasn’t saying “don’t bother” or that “this isn’t the right place for it” my point is you’re probably not going to guess much correctly without even knowing anything abt sword and shield

I think that we'll be getting a Let's Go remake of GSC instead. Patterns don't mean anything to GF.
Except that Sinnoh wasn't seen for a long time, while patterns don't mean anything, the possibility of a Gen 4 remake can't just be brushed past just because of Game Freak playing by their own rules.

Hmmm, you guys think that for now on GF should sell expansion packs for games? Like instead of making a new game entirely, why not just make extra content to download for a price?

Hmmm, you guys think that for now on GF should sell expansion packs for games? Like instead of making a new game entirely, why not just make extra content to download for a price?
You're joking, right?

Unrelated: some people are trying to think of alternatives for Sinnoh remakes because they find Sinnoh fans annoying and want to be different and/or edgy.

Pokemon gun will not happen

Perhaps once background checks are implemented into the base games... then it could happen. :annoyedVoltorb:

Since the codename was "hero" or something along those lines for Sword & Shield, I honestly don't see a third version coming, bc it doesn't jibe with the theme. Makes me think of a hero like Link for example, whose only other "mainstay" weapons are a bow n arrow.

I could see a "hunger-games-esque" bow n arrow themed box cover perhaps, but it isn't likely. I only mention it bc "heroes" are more likely to be slinging arrows than using magical staves/staffs, another box title I don't see as likely.

You're joking, right?

Unrelated: some people are trying to think of alternatives for Sinnoh remakes because they find Sinnoh fans annoying and want to be different and/or edgy.
Not really. Since expansion are already built up versions of the previous. Just add a full price expansion to download into and existing game. It's practically the same.

Not really. Since expansion are already built up versions of the previous. Just add a full price expansion to download into and existing game. It's practically the same.

So it'll be AAA huh? Full 60 dollars plus paid DLC.

Oh, and by "full price" do you mean "also 60 dollars"?

Last edited:
(It's curious how Meltan's eye turns red when it's protecting Rowlett and later it's attack beam is blue... :unsure: I haven't watched the episode yet though, shouldn't really be speculating.)

The giant carving from the trailer clearly have meltans under it.
Since when do Meltan have two eyes?

Do all these Twitter posts require a Twitter app or something? I have no Adblock on or anything else like it, but all I see is "Loading tweet" and a url that I can click. Granted, clicking on it works, but couldn't people just post a url if that were really what it looked like to everyone?

So I'm guessing I'm seeing something different.

Oh, I just tried enabling scripts from a Github thing which I didn't think was relevant, and now instead of "Loading tweet" it says "Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblocker and tracking protection". But I have no such things enabled, so...And all scripts are enabled on this page now.

Do all these Twitter posts require a Twitter app or something? I have no Adblock on or anything else like it, but all I see is "Loading tweet" and a url that I can click. Granted, clicking on it works, but couldn't people just post a url if that were really what it looked like to everyone?

You are.

I don't know what's up with your computer or phone or whatever you're using so I can't help you here.

Oh, I just tried enabling scripts from a Github thing which I didn't think was relevant, and now instead of "Loading tweet" it says "Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblocker and tracking protection". But I have no such things enabled, so...And all scripts are enabled on this page now.
To give a description is was a guy speculating Sobble evolving into a knight chameleon of sorts. Using the lizalfos from BOTW as a reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom