• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, given the prominence of the logo on the flower building, I think it's the most likely location for the league. It's a little underwhelming but I can't think of any other reason right now why it would have the same symbol as the gyms if it wasn't the league building. Though I guess, if it is a new battle mechanic, that could be something- why not just make the gyms rechallengeable, though?
It is underwhelming for the League tbh but then maybe the place would look much larger and interesting in game.

I expect 6 gyms with the London flower building being somewhat different - possibly a tournament (replacing Victory Road) before the Elite Four challenge.
i'm still on the fence between there being eight or fewer than eight. kind of all hinges on what the twist on the standard gym formula ends up being, i guess.

When Ohmori is talking specifically. You can see that sign in the Manchester or Edinburgh like city.
It's Manchester because the architecture of the city is similar, Manchester City Hall, Castlebridge with the railway and canal bridges, red bricks and it's Industrial past.
The three Cities are all based on the three biggest cities in the UK, Manchester, Birmingham and London.

If SwSh is a more story oriented game (like BW1), it could very well have less Gyms. Like 6 Gyms for example. More screen time for the Villains and fewer Gyms. I think it could work fine.

I expect SwSh to be more traditional plot wise, like XY. But Ohmori is the director, and he tends to be more story heavy, so who knows.

Last edited:
If SwSh is a more story oriented game (like BW1), there could very well be less Gyms. Like 6 for example.

More screen time for the Villains, fewer Gyms. I think it could work fine.
the big hang-up i have on not having eight gyms is SM and USUM. SM did seven Trials to be different and held off the eighth trial to kinda add some worldbuilding with it, but then going into USUM they just threw in that eighth trial. we know of six gyms definitively and there's a seventh stadium/gym with the logo but don't know what it could necessarily mean. which, like SM, just leaves us one short of the usual. i feel that if they wanted to make a bigger impact they'd make it like five or six gyms instead of just one less.

the big hang-up i have on not having eight gyms is SM and USUM. SM did seven Trials to be different and held off the eighth trial to kinda add some worldbuilding with it, but then going into USUM they just threw in that eighth trial. we know of six gyms definitively and there's a seventh stadium/gym with the logo but don't know what it could necessarily mean. which, like SM, just leaves us one short of the usual. i feel that if they wanted to make a bigger impact they'd make it like five or six gyms instead of just one less.
Well, with the exception of the Unova games and SM, the climax against the evil team happens exactly before the last gym, to the point I think that Mina's trial being exactly after the Aether plot makes me think that maybe it was a reference to the other games. Or a complete accident since it might be a coincidence.

Seems like my Pokemon Center is planning something next month.
Can't wait to see what it is

"One of the rumors I saw on this website posted within the last 2 weeks is an actual leak. I love the speculation cycle for these games, so I will explicitly state which rumor it is, but I will drop a few hints as to which one is real, but without spoiling the games. If anything, the hints are to temper expectations, not to spoil the game."

Galarian [regional] Forms do not exist.
No Kalos Post game (Not a spoiler, just to temper expectations)
Any rumor with less than 85 New Pokemon is Fake
Any rumor with more than 115 New Pokemon is Fake
The primary professor is female
Version exclusive legendaries are both wolves, have dual typing, 1 of which is the Steel typing
No new Megas or Z moves
No access to Megas or Z moves prior to defeating elite 4
Anything with 2 or more new Eeveelutions is fake
New Pokemons’ Abilities have not been finalized
Gyms are still challenged in linear order
Alolan Variants not obtainable in regional dex
All region’s are represented in regional dex
Johto Pokemon do not play any significant role
Kanto Starters do not play any significant role
Meltan is integrated into the story
There is technically DLC, but it is only for online gift pokemon as of now (DLC=Mystery gift due to movement to the switch)
Fossil Pokemon make a return
Starters all have dual typings not shared by previous starter pokemon (e.g. no fire/fighting, water/dark, grass/ground etc.)
Bug/Dragon “leak” is real. Old footage so the battle hud was a place holder and background detail is incomplete "

This guy is being purposely vague mind you.

Looking at some recent arguments, I find the one about Galar looking linear rather strange. For those who declared that, can you draw lines on the Map to prove this? I see tons of ways we could end up traveling through it after the introduction.

I've done exactly that.

Here's the Galar region map with boundaries drawn in showing all of the areas we can explore:

View: https://imgur.com/faI2SAY

Here's also the direction I think we'll take in the game (I'm reasonably certain everything here is correct and done in this specific order except which path we take after the dragon city, that seems to be 50/50 on whether we go left or right first):

View: https://imgur.com/G3Dw8wm

So yeah, highly linear and not very explorable. The only real question mark is that lake south of the industrial city, that could be a nice little open field, but that's far too little of the game to declare it nonlinear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom