• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s pretty likely the placeholders indicate the gen 8 dex size. We know Go uses placeholders and those always come to fruition. I’m not sure if Shuffle Mobile did this as well.

With a dex size of 88, though, it seems pretty likely to me that they will supplement that with some kind of form changes for older Pokémon. Whether this points to new Megas, regional variants, or something completely new is still a mystery. It could even be some combination of the three.

I'm fine with no more than a trio for legendaries and 1 or 2 mythical (I guess that would be the meltan thing or is that a pseudo or mythical?)

Shuffle doesn't have placeholders. As far as I've seen, new icons were added during certain updates, and they could do this as much as they wanted, often making several varieties of the same pokemon. There doesn't seem to be anything indicating that there were preset spaces for these, but I'm still looking.

I think it’s pretty likely the placeholders indicate the gen 8 dex size. We know Go uses placeholders and those always come to fruition. I’m not sure if Shuffle Mobile did this as well.

With a dex size of 88, though, it seems pretty likely to me that they will supplement that with some kind of form changes for older Pokémon. Whether this points to new Megas, regional variants, or something completely new is still a mystery. It could even be some combination of the three.
I'm hoping for new Megas and regional variants, at least- I don't care if they skip out on implementing a new form mechanic. Actually would prefer that they did skip out on a new one, unless they've come up with another interesting concept somehow that is unique enough from the previous two. And doesn't involve throwing armor on things. >.>;

I wouldn't trust placeholders. They know people discover those things ingame. They wouldn't spoil a new gen like this. They usually spoil them with the first demo.

I wouldn't trust placeholders. They know people discover those things ingame. They wouldn't spoil a new gen like this. They usually spoil them with the first demo.
Is the number of new pokemon even that much of a major spoiler that they would hardcore safeguard it, though? Because that's literally the only information that these placeholders give us is just a number. A number that is in the ballpark of what we already expected anyway.

It's like the most minor of info that reveals nothing but still generates hype among fans.

Well, I also don't know the data structure of Rush. Are we talking 88 dex spaces or 88 data slots? Data slots are both individual pokemon or forms, which would bump the number up significantly, and could be anything.

But this is 88 placeholders in Rumble Rush, which so far hasn't included Megas or regional variants.

EDIT: Or, at least, that would be the case, if this rumor was actually real. Other dataminers are saying it's not.
View: https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/1130131260481740808

I'm fine with no more than a trio for legendaries and 1 or 2 mythical (I guess that would be the meltan thing or is that a pseudo or mythical?)
Pseudos are Pokemon that evolve three times with a BST of 600, they're totally different from legendaries and mythicals.

=/ I wanna see something other than a 4chan post claiming that there's 88 placeholders. So far I've found nothing to back it. If we could see the datamine for Rush and how the models are stored in the game, we would have more information to determine what that 88 might imply.

What do you mean Meltan? Meltan is a Gen 7 mythical.

But this is 88 placeholders in Rumble Rush, which so far hasn't included Megas or regional variants.
This GamePress already has them listed, though- Pokemon List

Is the number of new pokemon even that much of a major spoiler that they would hardcore safeguard it, though? Because that's literally the only information that these placeholders give us is just a number. A number that is in the ballpark of what we already expected anyway.

It's like the most minor of info that reveals nothing but still generates hype among fans.
Apparently It is, considering we have never found out the exact number of new pokemon before the datamining of the demo. If they wanted to generate hype, they would have simply announced the amount of new pokemon. On the other side, placeholders may be included in all those moves GF does to make people speculate about the games without telling really anything real. Do you remember when Meltan and Melmetal were announced? People started guessing the number of new pokemon base on the position of those pokemon in the Go dex.
Again, don't trust placeholders...I Guess Merrick will show up at same point remembering us that does numbers mean nothing for sure.

=/ I wanna see something other than a 4chan post claiming that there's 88 placeholders. So far I've found nothing to back it. If we could see the datamine for Rush and how the models are stored in the game, we would have more information to determine what that 88 might imply.
We've got a dataminer who says there's no placeholders at all, so...I guess that's technically more information?

This GamePress already has them listed, though- Pokemon List
Oh, cool! Do we know if they're listed as their own entries, or just alternate forms? I guess it doesn't really matter now...

We've got a dataminer who says there's no placeholders at all, so...I guess that's technically more information?

Oh, cool! Do we know if they're listed as their own entries, or just alternate forms? I guess it doesn't really matter now...

Beats me. XD But if we take that list and that dataminer's claim, it certainly does appear that this 88 placeholder thing is bogus. It doesn't look like it even goes to Zeraora, nevermind Meltan or anything after.

Wish they wouldn't use the phrase "fake news" though. That really needs to die.

I don't like this. Who is telling the truth? We must find out.

Ignore the last 3 -w-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom