• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh but they've already surprised me with how low they can go in 2018. What more could they have?

Hopefully this time the surprise is them finally turning around the series for the better.

Oh but they've already surprised me with how low they can go in 2018. What more could they have?

Hopefully this time the surprise is them finally turning around the series for the better.
Let's Go was hopefully the first step in improving the series, by creating an entry level game for beginners so the main games don't have to be so dumbed down for everyone else.

I do think connecting the go fanbase with the rest of the pokemon community will be a good move going forward. Really excited to see what 2019 brings given it's going to rival 2016 as one of the biggest years for the franchise.

I've said this before but I feel like gen 8 is going to be a bigger step forward than most are anticipating. I have a feeling LGPE will end up being closer to the pokemon game we're used to than what gen 8 turns out to be.

I do think connecting the go fanbase with the rest of the pokemon community will be a good move going forward. Really excited to see what 2019 brings given it's going to rival 2016 as one of the biggest years for the franchise.

I've said this before but I feel like gen 8 is going to be a bigger step forward than most are anticipating. I have a feeling LGPE will end up being closer to the pokemon game we're used to than what gen 8 turns out to be.
I don't expect any massive changes in Gen 8, like completely changing the battle system for example.

So what we have thus far for likely candidates based on Japan's Outbound Tourist Destinations. Please can anyone post a more accurate graph?...

Spain: The Creator's favourite holiday location (Climate: hot)
UK: Cameo in Sun and Moon anime episode, SM098. Also hinted as Far Away Region (Climate: mild and cold)
Germany: Both countries have strong ties, Nintendo of Europe based there (Climate: mild and cold)
China: New market there since G7 (Climate: Mixed)

South America, Austrsalia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea: uncertain of clues as of yet.

The map on all the calendars in LGPE closely resembles the UK also.

Now don't start reminding us of past rumours.

The map on all the calendars in LGPE closely resembles the UK also.
If you're thinking of UK and Northern Ireland. However with the lack of the Severn Estuary, Wales, Kent/East Anglia and Scotland, we cannot be sure. All we know is that it could be just a random map. But if it is next gen related, then perhaps a proper map is called for by GF.

If you're thinking of UK and Northern Ireland. However with the lack of the Severn Estuary, Wales, Kent/East Anglia and Scotland, we cannot be sure. All we know is that it could be just a random map. But if it is next gen related, then perhaps a proper map is called for by GF.

They wouldn't put the exact map in, that would be more of a reveal than a hint. Besides if you look at Kalos, Unova and Alola, they are based on France, NYC and Hawaii they're not exactly the same, for a start Hawaii is made up of 8 islands, not 4 (Akala is 3 squashed together) they are allowed some artistic licence. Sinnoh isn't exactly a carbon copy of Hokkaido either.

Also considering we are likely to get DP remakes this generation, a link can easily be made between Dialga/Palkia as deities of Space/Time and the UK as the origin point for the meridian line which every other country even N. Korea bases their time off, as well as cartography mostly including the UK at the centre of all maps. (Why the West is called the west etc, when theoretically you could draw a map of Russia in the west or the US in the far east)

Similar to how the Kalos/Hoenn climates complimented each other, UK/Hokkaido also share similar.

They wouldn't put the exact map in, that would be more of a reveal than a hint. Besides if you look at Kalos, Unova and Alola, they are based on France, NYC and Hawaii they're not exactly the same, for a start Hawaii is made up of 8 islands, not 4 (Akala is 3 squashed together) they are allowed some artistic licence. Sinnoh isn't exactly a carbon copy of Hokkaido either.

no, but it's inspiration is. So are the other past three Regions that are based around Tokyo, Osaka and Kyushu. The island will probably be the UK and Northern Ireland, maybe England with Northern Ireland.

Just for everyone’s benefit if there’s going to be continued discussion on a possible UK-inspired Pokémon region (because I’ve seen a few mistakes now and don’t want to just quote everyone) -

United Kingdom (UK) = England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Great Britain = England, Scotland and Wales.

It’s also important to remember that all 4 countries have long, fascinating histories and hundreds if not thousands of myths and legends unique to them individually.

They could surprise us with an actual large open world with various locations to visit with different culture.

It would be nice to see like a world center location where trainers from all over the world come to be. Like the PWT. Culture doesn't seem to be something that crosses over from region to region, and i'm sure each region has their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom