• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hate it when they do that, the people who buy early are their biggest most loyal fans and they stab you in the back, still haven't forgiven them for the extremely short lifespan of the Wii U

As a Wii U owner, I actually feel more annoyed by all of the Wii U ports on the Switch and how us Wii U owners were given absolutely nothing for supporting Nintendo during the Wii U era. No discounts, no "Ambassador's Program", no nothing.

The thought of a Switch revision doesn't even bother me that much. Out of all of the revisions that Nintendo has ever released, I think the GBA SP was the only one that was actually a significant enough improvement to justify purchasing if you already had the original. What are the chances of a Switch revision changing that? I'm not worried.

Anyway, more on topic... A UK region? Well, I wanted Scandinavia, but UK is geographically close and at least wouldn't be another tropical/hot region, so I'll be fine with that. Especially because I know that the British Isles are beautiful and unique, in a similar way to Scandinavia. A UK region probably would have been second to me underneath a cold region, so I can get behind it.

The Twin idea reminds me of one of Piuk’s hints showing the Millenium Dome in London, it had also for a hint a Pokemon that is inspired by the British story, Dr Jackyll and Mr Hyde. Perhaps this correlated to the Twin theme here. Also, Twinleaf Town from Sinnoh.

Any and all islands should be done for post-game, the idea of traveling between islands in the main-game is getting old at this point, 3 games in a row that we had to do that.

The Twin idea reminds me of one of Piuk’s hints showing the Millenium Dome in London, it had also for a hint a Pokemon that is inspired by the British story, Dr Jackyll and Mr Hyde. Perhaps this correlated to the Twin theme here. Also, Twinleaf Town from Sinnoh. It’s
Any and all islands should be done for post-game, the idea of traveling between islands in the main-game is getting old at this point, 3 games in a row that we had to do that.
You’ve got to remember that Japan is made up of islands

Can we have a region based in UK? Of course. But the Miracle Calamity rumour and Piuk were fakes. There is no doubt about it.

Last edited:
You’ve got to remember that Japan is made up of islands
But Sinnoh isn't an island-based region, all the Gym Badges are obtained on the mainland, the only location that you have to go to complete the main game that's an island is the Pokemon League.

But Sinnoh isn't an island-based region, all the Gym Badges are obtained on the mainland, the only location that you have to go to complete the main game that's an island is the Pokemon League.
Britain is a landmass with one island being Northern Ireland

Britain is a landmass with one island being Northern Ireland

A simple google search proves you wrong.
If you were talking about Great Britain, it’s an island.

If you were talking about the UK, then Northern Ireland is the only non-island part of the UK, just the inverse of what you said.

The United Kingdom includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the United Kingdom that shares a land border with another sovereign state‍—‌the Republic of Ireland.

A simple google search proves you wrong.
If you were talking about Great Britain, it’s an island.

If you were talking about the UK, then Northern Ireland is the only non-island part of the UK, just the inverse of what you said.

Great Britain is an island and there is also the "Island of Ireland" which contains both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
In the LGPE calendar it looks as though they have scrubbed RoI completely and have just gone with the island of Great Britain and Northern Ireland as its own separate island not connected to RoI.

Great Britain is an island and there is also the "Island of Ireland" which contains both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
In the LGPE calendar it looks as though they have scrubbed RoI completely and have just gone with the island of Great Britain and Northern Ireland as its own separate island not connected to RoI.
That is what I was referring to, exactly

I already confirmed that this leak is fake. Now, can we move on already?
for purposes including for controllers, joysticks, chargers, and parts and accessories for household video game machines, cards, toys and more...

It could easily be related to a game. That’s just the general purpose description of a trademark, just look at the Sun/Moon trademark. Early on there where not many details, but of course it’s been updated.

Look at section 16 of the Pokémon Sun trademark: Notebooks; mechanical pencils; albums; pocket memorandom books; envelopes; pencils; ball-point pens; fountain pens; rubber erasers;

One could argue Pokémon Sun was simply a new merchandise line and had nothing to do with the games.

Or even this: storage media storing programs for computers; programs for cellular phones; game programs for cellular phones; electronic circuits, magnetic discs, optical discs, optical magnetic discs, magnetic tapes, ROM cards, ROM cartridges, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs and memory cards storing programs for cellular phones; storage media storing programs for cellular phones;

One could argue Pokémon Sun was simply a Phone game.

for purposes including for controllers, joysticks, chargers, and parts and accessories for household video game machines, cards, toys and more...

It could easily be related to a game. That’s just the general purpose description of a trademark, just look at the Sun/Moon trademark. Early on there where not many details, but of course it’s been updated.

Look at section 16 of the Pokémon Sun trademark: Notebooks; mechanical pencils; albums; pocket memorandom books; envelopes; pencils; ball-point pens; fountain pens; rubber erasers;

One could argue Pokémon Sun was simply a new merchandise line and had nothing to do with the games.

Or even this: storage media storing programs for computers; programs for cellular phones; game programs for cellular phones; electronic circuits, magnetic discs, optical discs, optical magnetic discs, magnetic tapes, ROM cards, ROM cartridges, CD-ROMs, DVD-ROMs and memory cards storing programs for cellular phones; storage media storing programs for cellular phones;

One could argue Pokémon Sun was simply a Phone game.

That's not a really good example. The European classification may differ from the Japanese.

Also, it's not just by the trademark rate that people are saying that the Calamity rumour is fake. People have pointed out other reasons to think so, besides that.

You are confusing Great Britain with the United Kingdom. Northern Ireland isn't part of Great Britain, but rather from the United Kingdom.

That's not a really good example. The European classification may differ from the Japanese.

Also, it's not just by the trademark rate that people are saying that the Calamity rumour is fake. People have pointed out other reasons to think so, besides that.
Here is the example from Jplat, the Japanese trademark database.

Section 16 of Pokemon Sun: 事務用又は家庭用ののり及び接着剤,紙製包装用容器,衛生手ふき,紙製タオル,紙製テーブルナプキン,紙製手ふき,紙製ハンカチ,印刷したくじ(「おもちゃ」を除く。),ノートブック,シャープペンシル,筆箱,文房具類,トレーディングカード,雑誌,カタログ,パンフレット,印刷物,写真,写真立て

Or when translated: Office glue or household glue and adhesive, paper packaging container, sanitary hand wipe, paper towel, paper table napkin, paper hand-made handkerchief, paper handkerchief, printed lottery (excluding "toy"), notebook Book, pencil pencil, pencil case, stationery, trading card, magazine, catalog, pamphlet, printed matter, photograph, photograph stand.

So while it is different, it’s still the same idea. The leak might be fake, but the trademark is real, and we can’t be sure what it is. It might be related to the games, it might not be, you can’t say for certain that if a leak features “Miracle Twin” in it, ir is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom