• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biscuits can also be put for the netherlands and we have a monarchy as well. Maybe the netherlands is the next region

As cool as I think it would be to travel through my own country, I'd also be sad since they'll probably pick the more well known cities and every little bit of reference or language used that's not 100 percent correct would annoy me to no end.

It could refer to Austria, Norway, Sweden, Finland or The Netherlands, they too have Monarchies apart from the UK and Spain. Just thought I note.

Plenty of countries have monarchies but the British monarchy is the most famous in the world.
When you think UK, you think monarchy, when you think of Spain, you don't really.

Let's see, we have...

Mince Pies, Humbugs(green and black, though might be chocolate and mint): UK
Ring Donuts: The Netherlands
Candy Canes: Germany
Bunt Cake: Eastern European/US
Biscuits(I think?): Unknown?

One of the best known stories in English history is that of King Alfred and the burned cakes.

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/King-Alfred-the-Cakes/

Seems the Persian's and French had the earliest ideals of the Biscuit, however it has been a literal UK icon since the 1800's, where The British biscuit firms of McVitie's, Carr's, Huntley & Palmer, and Crawfords were all established by 1850.

Biscuit - Wikipedia

Plenty of countries have monarchies but the British monarchy is the most famous in the world.
When you think UK, you think monarchy, when you think of Spain, you don't really.
That's true. There is also Tea being used instead of water in LGPE. Roserade Tea in SM, USUM. But then, Japan drinks Tea, so does China and many European Countries. The largest Tea Drinkers, surprisingly is Turkey. But if it's to relate with Japanese tourism and Pokemon popularity, UK does fit the bill for now.

The biscuits we see today didn't come about until the discovery and mass production of the sugarcane, plus global trade.

That's true. There is also Tea being used instead of water in LGPE. Roserade Tea in SM, USUM. But then, Japan drinks Tea, so does China and many European Countries. The largest Tea Drinkers, surprisingly is Turkey. But if it's to relate with Japanese tourism and Pokemon popularity, UK does fit the bill for now.

I'm confused what you're talking about with the tea- Tea was a key item back in FireRed and LeafGreen.

There's too much for it to be a mere coincidence honestly. I'm more curious why start now. The official twitters have never used non Americanised imagery in their holiday periods, now there's like 7 photos + turner's artwork who has never used European symbolgy in his new year artworks before.

There's too much for it to be a mere coincidence honestly. I'm more curious why start now. The official twitters have never used non Americanised imagery in their holiday periods, now there's like 7 photos + turner's artwork who has never used European symbol in his new year artworks before.
Oh it's not a coincidence- the sceptre pikachus were part of the Holiday Extravaganza product line that they wanted people to go out and buy for Christmas.

Oh it's not a coincidence- the sceptre pikachus were part of the Holiday Extravaganza product line that they wanted people to go out and buy for Christmas.

Def seems like a pattern especially since they had a number of Uk specific imagery in the photo's of that product collection.

inb4 the next pokemon games' region is based on some place nowhere near the UK

(also inb4 it is the UK and I am forever embarrassed by this post)

I really do think it's just a theme thing for this year's holidays. I don't normally expect a lot of foreshadowing on the pokemon twitter, though I believe there was a healthy amount for LGPE.

I would absolutely love the names "Pokemon Crown and Pokemon Sceptre" though.

I bought Pikachu and Eevee just because of the suit it's wearing for inspiration.
inb4 the next pokemon games' region is based on some place nowhere near the UK

(also inb4 it is the UK and I am forever embarrassed by this post)

I really do think it's just a theme thing for this year's holidays. I don't normally expect a lot of foreshadowing on the pokemon twitter, though I believe there was a healthy amount for LGPE.

I would absolutely love the names "Pokemon Crown and Pokemon Sceptre" though.
Well yeah, UK Christmas has more elegant and fancy imagery- befitting of the products' fancy designs.
The top hat Pikachu and Eevee wore is also British in design. Not hinting to a UK Region either. I did say that the whole Christmas theming the UK does is inspired from Scandinavian and Alpine regions. Need I remind you that the Christmas Tree we know today started with German Prince Albert and Queen Victoria. And they aren't normally just tinsel, baubles, lights and stars on top. Victorian Christmas Trees are normally jammed packed, like a heaping mountain filled to the brim with stuff like pictures, cards and other fancy things.

I bought one

The top hat Pikachu and Eevee wore is also British in design. Not hinting to a UK Region either. I did say that the whole Christmas theming the UK does is inspired from Scandinavian and Alpine regions. Need I remind you that the Christmas Tree we know today started with German Prince Albert and Queen Victoria. And they aren't normally just tinsel, baubles, lights and stars on top. Victorian Christmas Trees are normally jammed packed, like a heaping mountain filled to the brim with stuff like pictures, cards and other fancy things.
Oh yeah. XD Those kinds of trees scare me- I mean, they look amazing, but they're scary. But then, I have cats- the less things to fall off the tree, the better.

Ok I am convinced that the Crown and Scepter leak is real. It doesn't seem far fetched and it does not seem like fan service as well as all the England and Crown and Scepter hints seem too be too much to be ignored. All three starters seem to sound epic though! I feel I am going to have a hard time choosing over a rabbit, Goat and Dolphin. I wonder which of the three will be the Tank, Edgy and Feminine ones.

Also I can see the game freak posters in SM looking like a butterfly and Spider too with the Butterfly with the purple poster and the spider in the red poster.

Ok I am convinced that the Crown and Scepter leak is real. It doesn't seem far fetched and it does not seem like fan service as well as all the England and Crown and Scepter hints seem too be too much to be ignored. All three starters seem to sound epic though! I feel I am going to have a hard time choosing over a rabbit, Goat and Dolphin. I wonder which of the three will be the Tank, Edgy and Feminine ones.

Also I can see the game freak posters in SM looking like a butterfly and Spider too with the Butterfly with the purple poster and the spider in the red poster.
Dolphin starter doesn't seem like fan service?

Also no one seems to question why none of these images "hinting" at crowns and sceptres have a crown and sceptre in the same image.

Do you know what kind of biscuits these are with the Humbugs? I haven't seen biscuits with flaky green toppings related to Christmas before?

https://forums.bulbagarden.net/index.php?attachments/1546337107390-jpg.114723/
Sugar cookies? Thats what they look like to me.

I hope we dont get a dolphin starter. Id rather stick to semi aquatic for water starters. I think there was a pattern for what starters being stealthy elegant and bulky.
The posters to me look more like a flying weasel or lion cat thing for the red and a ghostly giraffe for the purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom