• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Domains - Google

It costs $12 a year to register a domain with Google and privacy protection comes with the service so it's 100% guaranteed that any pokemon domain registered with Google is a squatter.

You're overstating your case just a bit nothing is 100% certain especially before we get any kind of official announcement.

That being said I spent a lot of time looking for a combined domain names that might indicate where those single version domains would redirect to and I had no luck. So I do think those might be squatters or future proofing. Either way they don't look like they will be gen 8

That being said I still don't believe Crown and Scepter are looking likely either. Those names just make no sense as Pokemon games.

I remember during gen 7 leak season everyone (including myself) was like "the legendaries won't be evolutions, legendaries don't evolve!"

Basically what I'm saying is I expect some surprises in gen 8 as well.

And fighting can't hit ghost, and dark is super effective against psychic.
This makes me think gen 8 may have grass/dark or even grass/psychic, water/poison or water/steel, and fire/bug or fire/fighting (NO)...But I guess it could also be fire/fairy.

grass/psychic "magic" starter
water/steel "fighter" starter
fire/fairy "stealthy" starter

edited for incorrect parts.
I agree with the fire/fairy stealthy Starter. But I’m still not sure how it would work.

I wonder why in generation 5 we get so many pokemons and in 6 and 7 no more than 100. It would be so cool if every generation has at least 150 new pokemons.

Yeah, I think that's the most probable case. As long as it's not a pika-clone or Pokémon that it's just there (Zeraora), I'm alright with this.

EDIT: Off-topic, but I'm curious: What the hell happened in Brazil to post a warning to LGBT players?

Well, I know it is not possible but it would be so cool if they add 200 pokemons in this generation. But it will probably be 100 + 100 :(

Adding onto the trilogy thing, the Togedemaru has a type advantage over Dedenne. Maybe the next Pika Clone will be Electric/Fighting to complete the triangle.

Or there is a possible energy trio... Volcanion is Steam, Zeraora is electromagnetism, etc.

Gen 1: 1-151 (151)
Gen 2: 152-251 (100)
Gen 3: 252 - 386 (136)
Gen 4: 387 - 493 (106)
Gen 5: 494 - 649 (155)
Gen 6: 650 - 721 (71)
Gen 7: 722 - 809 (87)

Honestly I don't know if they will make 1000th pokemon special. In 1, 3 and 5 generations we have many pokemons. 6 and 7 has less than 100 so I think in gen 8 we will get 120 - 160 pokemons.

You're overstating your case just a bit nothing is 100% certain especially before we get any kind of official announcement.

That being said I spent a lot of time looking for a combined domain names that might indicate where those single version domains would redirect to and I had no luck. So I do think those might be squatters or future proofing. Either way they don't look like they will be gen 8

That being said I still don't believe Crown and Scepter are looking likely either. Those names just make no sense as Pokemon games.
Fair on the 100% being a bit much, but I highly doubt that Nintendo would use a cheap domain service when they're already using a professional service for all of their other domains.

Even if it was pokemon go related, it would probably be registered with the same domain registrar as Niantic's sites, and I doubt their registrar is Google.

Nothing stops anyone from squatting on a pokemon domain name for whatever reason, however, and I'm sure that people do just that for the same reason that other people post fake leaks. They just love to troll.

Honestly I don't know if they will make 1000th pokemon special. In 1, 3 and 5 generations we have many pokemons. 6 and 7 has less than 100 so I think in gen 8 we will get 120 - 160 pokemons.
100 Vortorb, 200 Misdreavous, 300 Skitty, 400 Bibarel, 500 Emboar, 600 Klang, 700 Sylveon, 800 Necrozma.

Seems like the last two have been reserved for something special, even if it is coincidental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom