• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the text for the lizard says the attack is poisonous ( I can't quite make it out). I don't really understand the text for the bunny's attack though. It doesn't seem to hint at a second typing.

Ooh, I think these are the first image leaks I'm actually totally ready to believe. The leaker didn't say much of anything, so there's no comments to make me skeptical, good quality uploads, concept art that's done with the intent of actually exploring the concept, it all checks out! (It could still be a fanartist's work, of course, but that possibility's always there until we know for sure)

The one thing that seems odd to me is that texture over everything-the sorta plaid/checker pattern? It's over everything, even the writing. Did the SuMo starter leaks have that on them?

Ooh, I think these are the first image leaks I'm actually totally ready to believe. The leaker didn't say much of anything, so there's no comments to make me skeptical, good quality uploads, concept art that's done with the intent of actually exploring the concept, it all checks out! (It could still be a fanartist's work, of course, but that possibility's always there until we know for sure)

The one thing that seems odd to me is that texture over everything-the sorta plaid/checker pattern? It's over everything, even the writing. Did the SuMo starter leaks have that on them?
It's a type of paper I believe, and yes some artwork are drawn on that type of paper. Also if real I'm getting the goat.

Ha, that's funny. I didn't know that. "A Study in Scarlet" (the one the phrase comes from) is the only Sherlock book I've read, so I didn't think anything of it. The phrase was probably made popular by one of the old movies from the 30's.They made a movie of A Study in Scarlet in 1933.

Anyway. I think I've derailed the topic enough for one day.

Pastoria? I'm not sure. Naming conventions are all over the place for regions. What are things associated with England/UK other than King Arthur and rain?

Edit: nevermind. I just remembered why Pastoria sounds familiar; its a city name in Sinnoh

The Arthurain Region!

When I asked about your arguments on a complete replacement, I wasn't asking in reference to your arguments about the Kalos example, I was asking about statements like these:

In these statements, you're not arguing about why you think your Kalos example wouldn't work, you're arguing that it would be unfair to ask for grinding to be removed. That's what I didn't see as relevant. I understand you arguing about the Kalos example, even treating it as a total replacement, but I don't see the point of telling me "we shouldn't remove it entirely just because some people don't like it", because I already said I agreed with that.

You know, every time I said that, there was a reason for that.

In the first example, we were treating it as a total replacement. In the third example, I just wanted to demonstrate how the analogy I used previously was actually effective. In the fourth example, as I already said, it was only a rhetorical question to generate reflection and that I thought would add to the discussion (Since we were talking about other people's perception of rare encounters). The fact that people were complaining about the grinding of the rare encounters and at the same time were ignoring that, in fact, almost all the rest of the game revolves around it (grinding).

The second example was perhaps the only one that there was no need to have pointed that out, rereading now what you had said previously.

I was responding to these arguments because they seemed to contradict your statement that gameplay shouldn't be removed just because some players don't like it. You said that encounter rates shouldn't be removed just because some people found it boring, and I agreed with that, but then you argued that dungeons shouldn't replace them not because of the problems with removing encounter rates, but because of problems with the gameplay that the dungeons might have. And just like I think rare encounters shouldn't be removed because some people are bothered by them, I also don't think people shouldn't be prevented from being able to find Pokemon by exploring because someone is bothered by it. Even though your arguments were about a total replacement instead of an addition, the argument that a dungeon shouldn't be included because it feels unnatural could still be made about dungeons that were added instead of replacing.

When I said that rare encounters should not be completely replaced by dungeons, even if indirectly I mentioned the problems in removing it too, actually (like, the game would lose depth if them didn't place dungeons with equivalent challenge - which we have already seen that would not be possible since it would ruin the game world enviroment - and by others reasons, it still would be quite different from rare encounters).

Also, the argument that a dungeon shouldn't be included because it feels unnatural could not be made about dungeons that were added instead of replacing, actually! I said that. Because in that way, they would not have to worry about the problems of removing the rare encounters (like, the game losing depth), and then, they would not have to worry in present dungeon with equivalent challenges (like dungeons with 4 hours + of duration), or in putting the dungeons everywhere. So, it would be totally possible to include them, without hurt the game world enviroment. I said that in my previous post. There would be no problem in just adding more of them at all.

That's still what I was saying-your opinion was that the dungeons should be as hard as encounter rates, but that wasn't what anyone else was asking for, even the people who did want them to replace encounter rates.

I got it. But it's not just my opinion, tho. The game losing more depth would make it a little worse.

Because they're willing to put up with something that they find boring to get the Pokemon they want.

Difference of opinion is one thing, but you can't ignore what other people have specifically said about their own opinions, that's disrespectful to them. Even if you don't understand why rare encounter Pokemon aren't considered as valuable by people who think it's boring and hard to obtain them, that doesn't mean they're not being honest about their opinions.

I got it. It was just a realization of the game's multiplayer community, and how it acts tho (especially regarding giveaways). But that's right. And I really don't think that they're not being honest about their opinions or something.

It's a little soon for another IP, isn't it? They just finished LGPE, and they're working on Pig and Town. Maybe it could just be concept work for now, but I don't think copyright claims are made that soon?

Pig? What's that?

What if Miracle Twin doesn't necessarily mean a physical twin but rather means what you find in reflections? I had this weird dream that the next Pokemon games had mirrors involved in the plot. Plus, it is very specific that the only mention of mirrors in Gen 7 was at the lab (forgot its name, haven't played them recently) where there was a mention of how someone (forgot her name) said that she would look at the mirror at the dead of night and see "a stranger staring back". Hmm, could the two title legendaries actually be the same legendary, but two separate reflections come to life while the third is actually part of the Pokemon World? Makes more sense why an old rumor stated that both mascot legendaries would be snakes.

That's a good idea. But about the lab's NPC, are you referring to Burnet's lab? Because if so, those references to mirrors and reflections could be just being made to the Kami trio.

Yesterday's new Pokémon episode shows a scene in a detective show that's filmed somewhere outside Alola, and the background bears an uncanny resemblence to London. Combined with the earlier calendar rumors, some people are already guessing that this is yet another hint to the Generation VIII region being based on the United Kingdom.

641.jpg

Oh, that's interesting! But how exactly is it being portrayed by the anime? Because, depending on how much emphasis they are giving to it now, I think it may be decreasing the chances of the next region being based in the UK, actually.

From a marketing point of view, it would not be good to approach it with so much advance, since the games were not even announced yet.

Last edited:
Oh, that's interesting! But how exactly is it being portrayed by the anime? Because, depending on how much emphasis they are giving to it now, I think it may be decreasing the chances of the next region being based in the UK, actually.
At the end of the episode, an Alolan detective show has a scene that was filmed somewhere abroad, which is that scene. It wasn't given that much focus, maybe about a minute or so, possibly less, at the very end of the episode.

At the end of the episode, an Alolan detective show has a scene that was filmed somewhere abroad, which is that scene. It wasn't given that much focus, maybe about a minute or so, possibly less, at the very end of the episode.

I see, let's see if they continue to approach that in the anime and in what way they will do.

If they also continue tying it to more detective-things, then that would not be a "good" sign either, since it would mean that they would only be wanting to promote the live action, not both a supposed UK-inspired region and the live action.

About those starters, I liked them, but they don't seem official to me.

Also, I pointed out some inconsistencies and errors in the art:

1N8GrJ6.jpg

What I marked in the blue color on the water starter, is that it would look like its tail is bleeding or something (by the color chosen by the artist), and that doesn't look like something that Game Freak would allow.

Its also missing the "confidential watermark" from early Game Freak's artworks.

Last edited:
If they also continue tying it to more detective-things, then that would not be a "good" sign either, since it would mean that they would only be wanting to promote the live action, not both a supposed UK-inspired region and the live action.
Just to clarify and avoid any misconceptions: this said detective show has been a recurring element in the current series for dozens of episodes already.

If we do get an UK region, I really hope that we also get a very extensive side quest or multiple side quests solving mysteries. I really enjoyed the Looker Quest at the end of X and Y. And always hoped that there was a spin-off that focused on helping Emma/Essentia solve various mysteries. But that seems highly unlikely due to Detective Pikachu.

If we do get an UK region, I really hope that we also get a very extensive side quest or multiple side quests solving mysteries. I really enjoyed the Looker Quest at the end of X and Y. And always hoped that there was a spin-off that focused on helping Emma/Essentia solve various mysteries. But that seems highly unlikely due to Detective Pikachu.

That plus a detective outfit for our trainer character! I really love the detective, Sherlock-esque aesthetic.. not sure if it has a name? If we get a region based on the UK and not get a detective outfit I will riot.

While the I do like the leaked starters, and am a big supporter of Leaks, one thing you have to keep in mind is the way Gamefreak develops Starters. Iirc they actually start with the final stage and work their way down. I’m not saying the Starter Leak is fake, I’m just saying there would be a higher chance of the final starter evolutions leaking first before Thor first Evolutions.

If the reveal is imminent though (January or maybe February), the starters are probably already done so it would still be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom