• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

One, Two, Three (Version 3)

This opening was so cool. I love the notion of Ash and his friends going on a road trip with Leon. Leon is my favorite Champion, so getting more screentime in the anime is great. I thought that his car was kind of cute too. I really hope this means that they'll spend some more time in Galar. It wouldn't necessarily need to be an arc, but just traveling around for a few episodes. It would be fun and I like the idea of Leon being basically a companion, if only for a few episodes given he is still the Champion at this point.

I definitely hope that Chloe has finally become a main character given how prominent she is throughout this opening. It seems pretty likely given that she is a trainer and she has an Eevee to boot. I could see her catching that Galarian Ponyta too. Journeys has desperately needed a prominent girl within the main cast for ages, so Chloe joining with Ash and Goh would be great. Admittedly, I was hoping that there would be more of a hint as to who would catch Grookey, but the opening was pretty light on spoilers. I'm personally still hoping for Ash to get it, but Goh is a possibility too. I'm not sure if I could see Chloe getting it, but as long as she actually gets screentime and become a main character, it wouldn't be too bad either.

Honestly I was not expecting Gary or Iris to show up here. I was never a huge fan of Iris, or really even Gary for that matter, but it was still surprising to have them appear. Gary went off to become a Pokemon Professor, but it would still be interesting if he was in the PWC. I'm also kind of curious to see what kind of changes they made to Iris' team, mainly if they did decide to evolve Axew given that it wasn't popping out of her hair during her shot of the opening. Bea appearing makes sense when she'll probably be more of a rival to Ash going forward, but Korrina was a nice surprise too. I just saw her battle against Ash. It was simultaneously the best PWC match I've seen thus far and yet shows exactly why I find the PWC to be so poorly handled in general, if not completely overrated as a concept. I still liked how natural Korrina's appearance felt and how it showed she had made progress since her Gym battle with Ash, so having her appear again sounds pretty neat.

Okay I found somewhat higher quality images of the really large crowd at the end of the OP.

View: https://twitter.com/TheEndlessZero/status/1347483589605163010?s=19

It's mostly just recap stuff.

But if you look closely enough you can see things such as:

Ash riding Dracovish. (Behind Raboot)
IMG_20210108_104313-1.jpg

Inteleon performing Snipe Shot. (It's also right next to a Human who I THINK may be it's Trainer but they're really hard to see. This was the most I could get from them. Judging by that leg I'd say that's either a Woman or a REALLY Flamboyant Guy. XD)
IMG_20210108_103525-1.jpg

A Pikachu Themed Car! XD (And a Plusle and Minun Car too apparently)
IMG_20210108_104319-1.jpg
IMG_20210108_103525-2.jpg

I just about fell out of bed when I saw the screenshots of Iris and Gary. THIS is what I'm talking about!!!

I know Iris isn't everyone's favorite, but I always liked her (yes, the "you're such a little kid" got very annoying but aside from that I enjoyed her) and it's nice that she's finally showing up since she never managed to get a return arc after BW concluded. Hopefully this means the characters who were also snubbed for this (Cilan and the XY gang) will be getting returns as well! It also makes me much more confident that we will in fact be seeing most, if not all, of the former companions. Also, I have to say, her new design is adorable!

And GARY. I hoped for Gary in the beginning of Journeys but kind of started to lose faith over time. They sure proved me wrong! His new design has major Blue vibes, which I think is so cool! I do hope he's still an aspiring professor (always thought that was a unique goal and one that made sense for him) but I certainly wouldn't mind if he was competing in the PWC simultaneously. It'd be a nice way for him to continue battling without having to exclusively be just a trainer.

Visually, I think this is the best opening yet. So action packed and lots of interesting things to see! It definitely appears Chloe will be tagging along a lot more often, perhaps even as a protagonist, which thrills me! I'm also really, really hoping that Galarian Ponyta is hers. It's one of my absolute favorite Pokémon, and I love Chloe, so that's a match that I would be all for.

It's also intriguing that they might be traveling around with Leon for a bit. That's definitely something I didn't see coming, but it's also something that I think could work out really well! If that means this series finally takes on more of a traveling approach and less of the sporadic region hopping largely based around Kanto, I'm all for it.

I was hoping that ending shot would have some more spoilers of returning characters, but it seems to just be a "review" of what's already happened in the series, which while not as exciting, is still super cute! It would especially be poetic if this series starts to shift in the way I'm hoping it will.

-Finally, Chloe's becoming a full member of Ash-tachii!
-Please tell me this means some more time in Galar
-Looks like Leon is cementing his place as an honorary member of Ash-tachii.
-At the very least Grooky might be recurring
-Is this implying an arc for the Legendary Beasts, or are they just really hyping the Suicune episode?
-Giving Gigantamax another shot, eh TR?
-Danggit, Morpeko, you're supposed to be with Marnie!
-Are are those Mythicals going to actually appear, or this another case of them showing up for the heck of it like they tend to do?
-Is Lance coming back again, or was he just the first person in the collage?

Between this and the Christmas preview, looks like things are picking up around here :D

Last edited:
Big stuff happening here! Looks like we're getting a lot more of Chloe and we'll have some road trips with Champion Leon. Also FINALLY Grookey is showing up.

Looks like we're going to get more of Korrina, Bea, and Professor Oak also! Wikstrom was added, but the huge thing two HUGE new returns. I was blown away when I saw the man, the myth, the legend, GARY OAK is returning!! HE'S BACK! And we're gonna get the return of Iris! Since we last saw her, she caught a Gible and she is set to become the future Opelucid Gym Leader. It is great to see more major returning characters.

With the opening and todays episde implying Ash gets Rookidee, the next round of Galar captures is most likely this
Ash: Rookidee
Chloe: Ponyta
Goh: Grookey.

So far, every Galar trip Goh has made a new capture.
No Rookidee merch, and kinda late for Ash to catch an early route bird, especially when he's already got a Dragonite.

With the opening and todays episde implying Ash gets Rookidee, the next round of Galar captures is most likely this
Ash: Rookidee
Goh: Grookey.

So far, every Galar trip Goh has made a new capture.
We have not gotten any Rookidee merch. Goh probably catches a andom wild one next trip.
Ash: Grookey and maybe Rookidee
Goh: Random wild Pokemon

Okay I found somewhat higher quality images of the really large crowd at the end of the OP.

View: https://twitter.com/TheEndlessZero/status/1347483589605163010?s=19

It's mostly just recap stuff.

But if you look closely enough you can see things such as:

Ash riding Dracovish. (Behind Raboot)
View attachment 138727

Inteleon performing Snipe Shot. (It's also right next to a Human who I THINK may be it's Trainer but they're really hard to see. This was the most I could get from them. Judging by that leg I'd say that's either a Woman or a REALLY Flamboyant Guy. XD)View attachment 138728

A Pikachu Themed Car! XD (And a Plusle and Minun Car too apparently) View attachment 138730View attachment 138729

With all these cars in this opening, you’d almost think that they were doing a Rat Race style arc with them racing across the Galar region.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom