• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Paranatural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riley whooped and pumped his arms up, before entering the mansion, receiving an eye roll from Rose.

Rose flipped her Devourer up, before catching it and returning it to her backpack and walked in, before responding to the echoing voice with a smirk, "No, but I recall you mailed yourself via zombie to us while we were in school."

Ray blinks
Why am I a.. 'horror movie character'?
Their impassive face shows a hint of offence as they gaze around the large entrance hall.

They entered the first room which was big. Even though everything appeared to be clean and shiny, it also had a "worn in" kind of feeling to it. As if somebody lived there but they also did not at the same time.

"So this is a foyer, I have never seen one of these in person before." Sid exclaims as he observes the fancieness all around.

Jett sighed as he followed the others, icy spear held in one hand as he heard the ghostly voice once again. He had already been frustrated by his inability to reproduce the instant-freezing effect, so he really wasn't in the mood for games. After the others addressed the unseen adversary,he spoke, a pale mist flowing around his body as he voiced his irritation.

"You threatened to massacre the entire city, then directly assaulted us, all because you wanted attention and weren't getting it quickly enough. Now if you're really concerned about the state of this mansion, tell us what the heck you want, and do it right now. Otherwise I'm gonna resume my training, and there'll be more damaged than just your front doors."

"So hostile. Well, if you want to find me, you'll have to go through my tests," just as the voice finished, the doors all around the foyer opened. "Each of these doors lead to a different pathway. Unfortunately, it won't let you do anything unless you do so as a small team. There are four doors - choose wisely."

Rose growled in frustration and scratched her chin in thought. After a few moments, she marched forward and faced her club members.

"Alright. So obviously he wants us to split us up and what choice do we have? Anyway, there are 6 of us and four doors, meaning that there is 1 person to a door with two people remaining. So here are the questions - who wants to team up with someone, who thinks they are strong enough to go by themselves and does anyone have anything to keep us all in contact?" She paused to breathe before speaking, "I volunteer to go alone into the first door."

"There's a point in being a team, Rose." Ra pointed out drily. There was a slight purple energy enveloping her body, looking like flames as the demon went over to the human. "Rose and I will go through the first door, then. Any objections?"

Nick wondered who he should go with. He did not like this. Not one bit. He was scared of what lurked in the mansion. But he also really didn't want to be alone, and he really really didn't want something to happen to anyone while he couldn't help them.

"He said we have to go together as a small team. Doesn't that mean that sending someone in solo won't work?" Nick asked, nonetheless edging towards Ken. As a fellow swordsman, he figured he'd work best with the vampire boy.

Axew walked through the mansion door with his twin katankanas in both of his handcuffed hands. "We need to decide what we are doing now.I'll go through the second door." He said hurriedly with a shrug.

In truth, he wanted to finish the mission before the full moon came. He then looked at Rose. "You should learn to count. There are 9 of us, sweetheart." He said indifferently which earned a glare from the human.

Before anyone could say anything, the werewolf walked into the second door, knowing that someone would follow him as his partner.

Rose wasn't fazed at all by the demon's firey appearance, in fact she was slightly worried about her. She was was there to see Ra get mad at both the train station and earlier before. She would question it later, but for now they had a mission to complete. "If you say so, partner." She said with a shrug.

"So um...who like wants to be my partner?" He asked a little too excited and eager to his new team mates.

"This is quite a complex riddle." Sid says as he crosses his arms in thought. It appears that the spirit wants them to split up but it also wants them to work as a team at the same time. Several moments pass before Sid decides.

"If anyone needs me, I am going to try and get on the roof!" Sid says confidently before leaving the group and walking outside the front door. Jus outside the mansion, Sid starts searching through his cards to find one for this job. If reaching the roof did not work then Sid would need to hurry and catch up to the others but he has a hunch that this is the best way to help the team effort.

Upon reaching outside of the mansion, Sid would find himself walking through the front door yet again.

"Sorry, I'll have to stop you there - and count it as the only time that I do. Next attempt to leave will result in you falling into my void pool. Not my fault either, that's just how this works."

Riley raised an eyebrow when Sid came back in. "Hey man, weren't you, like, gonna go on the roof?" He asked curiously, cocking his head to the side.

Riley raised an eyebrow when Sid came back in. "Hey man, weren't you, like, gonna go on the roof?" He asked curiously, cocking his head to the side.
Sid looks around confused as Riley asks a question, "WHAT THE?!!" Sid exclaims. A disembodied voice says something about a void pool.

"Its a trap! We are all trapped like ants in a farm! Oh gosh!!" Suddenly splitting up did not sound like such a good idea. What if the spirit was really a demon that is hungry for some human food?!

"I vote that the club stick together and that we go through the doors one by one, as a group." Sid suggests.

Last edited:
While Riley watched Ken leave, he said to Sid, "Nuh-uh, no way man. Like this ghost said that we need to split up with a partner and that the four door all lead to a different way. And since this is like, a horror movie, I guarantee you the doors will shut behind the person or people....meaning that I'm totally going with Ken. Wait for me, Ken!" He summoned his bow and arrows and galloped into the room.

(OOC: Just reminding everyone that Axel has walked alone into door number 2 alone so if anyone wants to partner up with him, go for it.)

Ray mutely watches Axel run through into one of the probably-traps alone.
They shrug, adjusting their furs, before stepping across the threshold into the room with him.
Running off alone seems unwise.
They mumble quietly, walking slowly, looking around.

Jett would have liked nothing more than to have gone bezerk like he'd threatened to, but decided to wait until he had a proper target. As such, he followed Ray and Axel, deciding to tag along with them in case a fight arose.

Once the groups all went through their doors, each slammed behind them. Covered in a veil of impassable blackness, they would be forced to only go forward.

"Welcoooome to Limbo's funhouse! Today, our guests are the snoops with high school diplomas; the Paranaturalists!" The hallway each group found themselves in would all illuminate. "So, the rules are simple; you all complete my tests, and I set you free. No catch - just be creative enough to solve each one."

Then, a door at the other end of the hallway opened for the group. "I am, however, honor-bound by the code of all reality warpers to state your rights: eh hem..." the sounds of paper rustled before he spoke in a secretarial tone. "As participants in this game, you are all free to express your displeasure. By entering this mansion, you relinquish all responsibility of injury and possible maiming, bludgeoning, combustion, disemboweling, dismemberment, and other such grievous bodily harm from the owners of the mansion. Yadda, yadda, you can't leave until you win, yadda yadda, snacks at the end of each test. Got all that? Good. Head for the door."

Axel turned around to see the door shut behind him. "Like that's a big surprise." He muttered, before noticing Jet and Ray. He nodded to them in acknowledgement and started walking rather fast towards the door saying, "Let's get this done and over with." Time was slipping away and so was Axel's stableness with the full moon coming.

Rose had just walked through the first door with Ra when the door slammed. She raised her hands and faked a scared expression before saying in a sarcastic voice, "Oh no. How ever will we get out?"

Once the announcement was made, Rose rolled her eyes and looked annoyed. "You have got to be kidding me. This is all a big game show? Ugh...let's go." She said to Ra before walking forward. "I will happily use my right to express my displeasure."

When the door closed behind Riley, he started to freak out as this particular party horse was claustrophobic. The walls were closing forcing him to move forward and he couldn't see. He gulped and nervously laughed before saying, "Ah hello? Is like anyone here? I'm totally freaking out right now...I can't breathe!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom