• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pet peeves you want addressed in Gen VII

Can we not have giant cities anymore that are divided into districts that all look the same? Castelia was a bit much yet bearable, but Lumiose is just awful. I get lost every time I try to navigate it. The camera angles don't help with that at all either. Maybe that's why Castelia is a little better because it still has a fixed camera.

Okay, now I'm gonna say this annoys me and they should remove it. If I want to run through the grass, let me do it with penalizing me GF plz.
Running is useful if you want encounter rate to raise sharply, for example, when you need the exact kind of rare pokemon in that area. If you really want to get somewhere uninterrupted, you don't need low encounter rate, you just need NO ENCOUNTERS whatsoever, right? That's why I said we need a thing to switch it off completely when it is not needed.

Can we not have giant cities anymore that are divided into districts that all look the same? Castelia was a bit much yet bearable, but Lumiose is just awful. I get lost every time I try to navigate it. The camera angles don't help with that at all either. Maybe that's why Castelia is a little better because it still has a fixed camera.

Definitely, they needed to color code them or have signs for the spokes, or a city map, or something. Even if you go by landmarks it's still really hard to remember which shops are on which street.

When a Pokemon levels up in battle and it's not the Pokemon currently out, you don't see its stat increases when it levels. I'd like them to change it so I do see its stat increases.

I noticed that, too, and I want it back as well. It made it much easier to keep tabs on the Pokemon in question, especially in cases like Tyrogue, where stat growth is important for evolution. Sure, it may take up a little more time if the Pokemon in question is leveling up multiple times, but hey, it was still helpful.

I noticed that, too, and I want it back as well. It made it much easier to keep tabs on the Pokemon in question, especially in cases like Tyrogue, where stat growth is important for evolution. Sure, it may take up a little more time if the Pokemon in question is leveling up multiple times, but hey, it was still helpful.

I think it's in times like that, when a Pokemon evolves multiple levels in such a quick instance, that it's most useful. You can directly see how much is increasing by each level gained. It's more convenient than making notes of stats before and after battles. But even then, you can't see how much is gained per level, just the total amount gained.

For the nerds like myself who get their kicks by monitoring stat spreads and growths, and for competitive players, where maximizing stat growths are vital, little changes like this make the Pokemon experience more pleasurable.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom