• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Plot Bunny Zoo

Well, I'm trying to write a series of fanfics revolving around a stalker, and I can't deside, I've already decided there's No way she'll be with the boy she's stalking and I can't deside (I'm not a good speller XDDD) should I leave her all alone, or creat her a love interest?

Im sorta thinking of making a sly cooper fanfic, set between sly 2 and 3, or something along the lines. so, any comments, plot suggestions?

This thread may become a favourite of mine in the future- I just get so many plot bunnies that it's hard for me to sort them out in the end xP

And wow, this forum here is kinda dead xD

@Shayminfan: I've never played Sly Cooper :/ but I think that it's an interesting character, from what I heard.

You can always go with some basic Gentleman thief plots, it'd probably work, for starters (can't really be more precise, at school)

I'm thinking of making a fan fiction with Ash, Gary, Ritchie, etc. in Pokemon Training School. I'm wondering if I should use Pokemon after the original 151 or not.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking of making a fan fiction with Ash, Gary, Ritchie, etc. in Pokemon Training School. I'm wondering if I should use Pokemon after the original 151 or not.

Any ideas?

Include Angie. I smell morpheusshipping vs nextgenshipping. that could be good. a. "I want the girl" rivaly between ash and Gary...

Having written an AdvanceShipping and a PearlShipping oneshot, I've started a new PokeShipping one, but I've hit a stump. Heres what's happened so far:
Ash has been drawn to Cerulean gym by some unknown instinct (We know what that is)
Misty becomes very awkward around him, she's always harboured a big crush towards Ash.
They are both currently sitting in the reception, misty with a Towel around her shoulders drinking a cup of hot tea, ash sitting next to her. Misty's head is getting phissed at her for getting into such an awkward situation.

Any Ideas

I got a plot bunny! In a story I'm planning on making, Byron has a new girlfriend. She is not very nice and Roark is suspicious of her. Eventually, a big nightmare may come up...but it spells the undoing of the damage that the girlfriend has done.

I was thinking of one of these possible plot devices towards the end:
1. The girlfriend cheats on Byron.
2. The girlfriend is really with Team Galactic and plans on stealing Roark and Byron's Pokemon.
3. Roark literally has a nightmare on what will become of the girlfriend, Byron, and himself.

Any advice on plot devices?

I'd go with 3 and use tropes like It Was All Just A Dream and then a good Or Was It?

Plot Bunny Zoo. someone fill me in on what this might be about haha.

I am going to be a VERY proud member of the Ash Club! :D

Most of you know what I have indeed started writing a short fiction based on my conjecture that Professor Oak's real motivation for having the player catch them all is that he's wanting to take over the world. Admittedly, especially considering that (and this isn't really a spoiler since I established this in both parts to date) he's going up against Freakin' Arceus, the Qilin God Beast itself, there's not very much more I can do with that idea itself. Damn me and my shortsightedness!

However, I do have some other general ideas for some possible one-offs or shorts, if not on-going series (though more likely multi-part one-offs as fits my personality), and that is the purpose of this post. Since my own ability to discern what works and what doesn't is hit or miss, I'd much rather throw them out here and see what "plays well with the potential audience" as it were.

That's right, folks. The sole purpose of this post is to create an open focus group. God, am I an ass or what?

Idea #1
The distant future. (The year 2000...sorry, obligatory Flight of the Conchords reference.) Man has traveled to the stars and colonized multiple planets, but has found no intelligent life anywhere yet, shockingly. (Cue the question: "Where does Pokemon come in, Shadow?") Unfortunately, conflict has followed man into space, as the new hunt for territory has reopened ancient wounds between the Human Galactic Nation and a long-defunct group of seperatist terrorists from Earth's first extrasolar colony, Neo Gaia. Using stolen replication technolgy (yes, this borrows from Star Trek, too) to synthesize monstrous creatures, they wreak havoc amongst the colonies of man. But the members of the newest colony, Kitros Prime, stumble across a plethora of semi-sentient creatures that can exist as both matter and energy. A group of Kitrosan humans befriends them, and with their help (and portable replicator orbs), set out to quell the new uprising on Neo Gaia and undo the damage the terrorists are doing with their Replimons. This is basically a sci-fi bent on the Pokemon concept, using established creatures (and possibly new ones) in a hopefully new way.

Idea #2
One trainer. Only two Pokemon. A whole world full of outstanding creatures and challenges. Can this young man take on the entire Pokemon Nation with just an Umbreon and a Lucario, especially when looked down upon not only for not having a full team but only having those two specific creatures? Will (platonic) love really conquer all, or is he doomed to fail because of his devotion?

Idea 3
A (probably already done and admittedly cliche) tale of redemption. A prominent former member of a criminal organization decides he's through with being a bad guy. Problem is that a) people still hate him for all that he did and b) that he's completely stupid. Will he ever be able to regain the trust of all the people and Pokemon he wronged? Or will his own inadequacies and his past end up shooting his feet off?

Idea 4
A comedic piece. One of the legendaries has a day off from...being awesome, I guess. Unfortunately, even though he just wants to be left alone and do normal things for one day, neither person nor Pokemon will leave him alone. Will he ever get his vacation, or is he doomed to never get the time off he deserves? (Additional hilarity if the legendary in question is Arceus, because his win knows no bounds.)

Those are the ideas I have. Please let me know what you think of them.

I've been leaning toward starting with #4 myself. At the same time, the alternative sci-fi interpretation of Pokemon has been something that's been kicking around in my head for quite some time, even before I started writing the Professor Oak fic.

If it was me I'd probably find #2 the easiest, and most fun to write. I have a tendency to come up with ideas as I write, which is why I like a really open plot. It's the most conducive to my writing style. oooo big words

A have a few plot bunnies gnawing on my brain. I want to write a fic, but IMO anything I write will be recieved really badly; and I basically can't afford what little self-confidence I have demolished can't take criticism.
Probably all been done before in a super-cliched way, but ah well.

First;
A young girl's quest to make it big in the pokemon world of fame after being brought up as 'normal' middle-class by her aunt + uncle. After trying her hand at contests, the pokemon league, battle tower, and more, she loses all hope of ever realising her dream of becoming famous. Just after this internal breakdown, she meets her idol; the pokemon champion. His kind words towards her spur her to complete her goal, and so she starts to ace all the pokemon gyms. But her tough pokemon become the source of much interest from Team Rocket/Galactic (depending on which reason I set this; As much as I love Team Rocket, there's so much potential to bring Galactic commanders back into the storyline; with Mars/Jupiter/Saturn taking the place of Cyrus) who then seek to destroy her and take her pokemon for their own. The girl's idol steps in to help her defeat the team and accomplish her dream.
Basically, how a girl would feel and act growing up in the pokemon world, and meeting her idol. Possibly romance involved, but I'm not too good at writing romance. (All I read in my childhood were boys' adventure books, goddamit)

Second;
A story set on an unexplored island, featured predominantly around a group of pokemon, and their life on the island. There also features a rival community of pokemon; and these two families on the fair isle of Verona groups of pokemon spend most of their days battling it out; but two young pokemon meet, and fall in blissfully naive love, each unaware that the other is from the opposing tribe.
Mostly like a comedy Romeo + Juliet, with a *probably* happy ending. This is probably a better idea than the first, since I think I'm better at comedies. Probably not gonna have a single human, unless I throw in a gym leader or summat in a little cameo.

There're a few more, but they're basically crap ideas that wouldn't work. For exampe; Pokemon meets Macbeth, or Pokemon meets any other Shakespearean play, since I love Shakespeare so goddam much. I'd also like to write a crossover with Pokemon, but there's not much potential for it, since pokemon is basically a seperate culture.

I dunno whether to start writing on the first or second idea. I think the first one is so much more developed, but I'd be better writing the second. It just depends on what you guys would like to read. ^^'

You kidding? Pokemon meets Shakespear sounds awesome. If it's a well-done comedy of course. I watched a masterfully done Shakespear-comedy-crossover play at school. I luahged my lungs out with Romeo being a playboy, Hamlet being an angsty emo teen, Ophelia constantly hitting on everything that moves and Otello wanting to fight everyone for the love of his chosen one. They even put Holmes in there to ponder whose is the handkerchief he stumbled upon- only to find out it was Wattson's!

Now imagine this with Pokemon! I'd surely read it.

I too have for the longest time wanted to write a Fanfic. Right now the ideas I have are:

1. Ash and co. travel with a Mary Sue and Ash/Brock record what their journey is like

2. Similar to an idea above, a mix of Sci-Fi, politics, and Pokemon in a story about war in the Pokemon world

3. The backstory of Cyrus

4. A Star Wars crossover/ripoff

5. A story similar to #2 only involving world war

Opinions?

Aladar; Thanks, I'll make a start on it right now! ^^'

Primal Darkrai; I hate Mary-Sues, but option 3 sounds awesome. Go for it.

Number 3 would be my personal favourite, PD. I like backstories (hence why I'm writing Rival's Story, which is the backstory of Blue) and I also like dark stuff, which I imagine Cyrus's backstory would be. I've seen a few things about Cyrus' past, so I'd be interested to see another interpretation.

I need a bit of.. advice :} For my newest Fanfic : A pokemon Tale By Silver Sojana.
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=57148

So far it sounds like just a classic pokemon adventure, new trainers, gyms, bad guys ect. Yeah, my trainers have just a bit of dramatic backgrounds, but the plot needs something to stir them up a bit more than just having the team magma girls trailing behind my main characters - like team rocket. I want to go for a more pokemon rounded story, suggesting that the story doesn't rely heavily on the trainer's perspectives, but the pokemons as well. What should I do to it? Any general/broad suggestions to draw the attention of my readers? (I have very few readers, as you can tell;)

[Side note: its my first fanfic :p]

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom