• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups PMD: The Reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan was sort of scared by Damon's flailing. What a strange person... He takes everything way too seriously... I guess people have to be careful about what they say around him... He stayed at his usual position at the back of the group, Zoie walking along side him.
"Say, did you see that thing Autumn was messing around with?"
Dylan looked at Zoie for a second. "Yeah. I think it had something to do with communicating over long distances... It seems really interesting."
Zoie smiled. "You always find things interesting."

As he walked, Damon cocked his head for a few seconds. "How annoying," he said, as if irritating him was the best thing anyone could have ever done to him. "I can't..." He paused, then, with great apparent conscious effort, put his hand flat on top of his head and kept it there. "Oh. I can't even get my own mind straight, no wonder. Wonder. I wonder why. Y. Second-to-last letter of this alphabet. Second letter is B. Bee. Honey?... There are too many words to use in this language," he decided, taking his hand off of his head.

The Scorpion Queen heard Damon talking to himself about something and decided to ignore him. They soon reached and passed through the gate, entering the desert-area of Route 4. "So there's supposed to be a plate here?"
"There might be. It seems likely, based on what we know. Wouldn't hurt to have a look," Carol replied.

"There is a plate," Damon said suddenly, walking slowly as if trying to track a smell or noise. "It's in the Desert Resort, over to the left."

"No, no, you can't see it, there's too much sand to see anyway," Damon replied. "It's to the left, in the Desert Resort, hidden."
"The desert resort is pretty big, can't you be more specific?" The Scorpion Queen complained. "Also, how can you even tell?"
"No, I can't, that's all I can do. It's lower than us, though. It's... under the sand, somewhere in the Desert Resort. I can tell because it's emitting that... stuff. You know that stuff that comes off of stuff like that?"
"Um, no?"
"Of course not. Of course you don't. You people don't know how to feel for that stuff. Nevermind. It's under out feet, in the Desert Resort."
"The... The Relic Castle?" Carol asked. "It's got to be in the Relic Castle!"

Expo said, "Yeah, I read about it in high school. The Relic Castle is really old and also houses the mysterious Volcarona, if I'm correct."
Lily, curious, asked, "Is that right, Damon? If so, we'll need to be wary of our surroundings. Our luck, they could be in the same room."

"I don't know if that's right," Damon replied. "Don't ask me about things like that if you actually want accurate answers. I have no idea what pokemon are down there. Most pokemon don't emit very much of the stuff, so I wouldn't be able to tell from here."
"Yeah, I heard about Volcarona being down there as well," the Scorpion Queen said to Expo. "It would kind of suck if they were in the same room, but hey, I'm sure we'll find a way. We always do."

"Finding a way through is great and all, but do we have a backup plan if anything goes wrong? Putting all of our effort in doing one thing makes us very predictable to those who wish to harm us which I have no doubt we will run into. How would you suggest you tackle the plate finding mission Damon?" Autumn asks somewhat testing him.

Dylan looked at Damon. "So, if there's Pokemon down there... D-do you know if they will be hostile or something? Because I don't know how I will be able to fight if I'm not a Pokemon myself..." He eventually trailed off to a mumble, thinking he should stop talking while he's ahead.
Zoie put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry! I'm sure with everyone else here, we'll be fine."
Dylan looked down. "Yeah... I guess..."

"I say we look around until we find it!" Damon replied to Autumn. "What else?" He then bent his back and neck until he was facing Dylan upside-down while his feet faced the other way, his blank eyes seeming to focus on the former Wartortle. "And you," he said, "You do worry a lot, don't you. Well, let's see, hostile pokemon, eyes, eyes..."
"Eyes?" The Scorpion Queen said, confused and more than a little suspicious.
"Of course," Damon replied. "Can't see anything without working eyes, can you? Hmm... Too far to see," he muttered without moving from his backward-bent position. "Though they don't seem to particularly strongly hate anyone," he added.

Dylan recoiled when Damon bent over backwards to reply to him. "W-well, I don't worry that much. Heheh..."
Do I worry too much...?
Zoie walked forward. "Well, if they aren't mean or anything, then what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!"

Damon abruptly straightened back up, and oddly enough, his hat had seemed to defy gravity by staying on even when his head was upside-down. "That much. How much is that much?" He said, his fingers doing something like flapping at his sides.
The Scorpion Queen obligingly started to walk. "Okay, you weren't even looking that way, and secondly even if you were, how could you tell their feelings?" she asked.
"Hm? Of course I was looking inside the Relic Castle. That was where you wanted me to be looking, right?"
"You- you were leaning upside-down and looking at Damon!" she replied incredulously.
"I was leaning upside-down, yes, but I wasn't looking at Dylan." Damon spoke confusedly as if she should already know this.
"Then what were you looking at?!"
"The Relic Castle, of course."
"You weren't even facing in the right direction!"
"What...?" Damon tilted his head. "What in these worlds makes you think that I should have to be facing towards something myself in order to see it?"

Dylan stared at Damon for a moment. What is wrong with this dude...?

Zoie was just as confused as Dylan was. "Well, instead of bending over backwards, do you mind showing us to the Relic Castle?"

"Because- because you- argh, what?" the Scorpion Queen said, confused beyond her ability to use reason anymore. Damon looked at her for a moment, then tapped her on the top of the head with one finger. "Hey!"
"You're frustrated. It's not very good for you," Damon replied, and to her annoyance, he tapped her head again before responding to Zoie, "Of course! Right this way," he said, promptly starting to walk. "And let's have a tour, like those tours you take over at... somewhere... Look, some sand! And... more sand!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom