• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Finally!! Phew! I've managed to catch up with the entire story - thank god for the summer holidays.

Having read Dragons Roar earlier in the year I have to say you've grown a lot since then :) Your writing and grammar is much better and many times I've stopped and said to myself: "This is great! This is like a published novel!"

I really enjoyed your last few chapters. The battles were well executed and the differences in styles and battle conditions made the competition seem different and unique, instead of a stream of 6-on-6 or 2-on-2 Pokémon battles (especially liked Claudia versus Zephyr)

In my opinion, your greatest talent is creating strong, believable characters with powerful personalities that really shone through in the last chapter.

One review, as per the Review Game:

First, I love the world you've built here--you've put a lot of effort into building the world and the characters.

However, I will confess that I'm jumping in here without having read the first book, so I may go back later to see how these characters grew, developed and changed. But even though I have a lot of questions about Chigon and your main crew, what you have here makes it relatively understandable without having read Book 1

I will, however, applaud you for making a believable Fakemon in Chigon, based on what I see so far, I wish he were real.

In short, I still have a lot of questions (which can be remedied by reading Book 1) but I'm really impressed so far.

Since I'm pretty sure you know how I feel about the fic overall, I'll forgo my post-awards review in favor of a regular one.

There was some great character development for everyone in the past couple chapters, so much so that it seems like things are starting to come to a head. Especially given the end of chapter 35. Can we expect a climax soon?

I liked Claudia vs Zephyr, particularly the way it ended. It makes sense, given Zephyr's personality. Reggie vs Kevin was immensely satisfying, but it's a shame Kevin didn't get properly beaten. Good stuff, and I look forward to more as per usual. (btw you're still doing the color colored thing, I trust you know how I feel about that xP)

@AetherX; @Druddigon; @Heartz; @Instrutilus; @Soulmaster; @Tophat Dragoneye; @The Jingster; @System Error;

Well this one took a while, I actually wrote it last week but I didn't get a chance to reread it cause I was dying with exams this week...actually I just skimmed through it a few hours ago to see what I could catch xD I wanted to at least post this one before I left on my trip.

Oh yeah I'll be going ton a trip to europe for a month, though I'll still get a chance to write while I'm away thankfully. So for now this is kind of an epilogue for the Enforcers arc.

And Aetherx hmm...well I can say that we are heading towards a conclusion though not quite yet at the same time xD

Chapter 36: Afterthoughts

The calm and cold breeze of the beach washed over his body, causing his exposed chest to be overwhelmed by the slightly cold feeling of the night air, though this was all contrasted by the warm sand that lay below him.

Darren moved around on the sand, his head never turning away from the crashing waves of the sea as he thought back to the events of the day. After the Club Battle Royale had been announced as a tie everyone had decided to celebrate, and as thus they had all decided to throw a barbecue in the beach.

And yet Darren couldn’t feel as elated as they were, and why should he? They didn’t win, true they didn’t lose either but they still didn’t win. He stared at the sand bitterly as he clenched his fists, frustrated as his mind raced with the images of his battle with Keith.

“Someone seems frustrated,” Darren raised his head and moved around; allowing him to come face to face with Kevin Blaze, or rather, Incendio.

The teacher didn’t say anything, instead he just smiled as he walked closer towards Darren. “What are you doing here?” Darren asked bitterly, not even bothering on facing Incendio anymore.

“Hey we teachers can have fun too you know,” Incendio smiled as he pocketed his hands and looked towards the sky. “Besides, Freed and Rose are slave workers, this is the only way I’ll get a chance to relax,” he chuckled sheepishly.

Darren couldn’t help but look at Incendio from the corner of his eye. He was wearing a white open shirt but had left his chest in full view, allowing him to show his muscles and pecs. One thing that caught Darren’s eye though were the many scars and bruises that he had in his chest, even though he had gathered a few of his own he was still surprise by the sheer number.

Incendio noticed though and as thus proceeded to smirk. “Like what you see?” he stated slyly, which in turn made Darren turn away from him and frown. “You don’t have to be so mean like that dude. But anyways….” At this he hunched down so that he was at eye level with Darren. “Did you find out?”

“Find out what?” Darren asked while still keeping his eyes away from the teacher.

“The thing with the ramen that I showed you before,” Incendio replied with a simple nod from his head. “I’m sure you must’ve seen it.”

“Working with others…in order to make myself stronger,” Darren noted, his tone becoming quieter and calmer now. “I did realize it but I still didn’t win against Keith.”

“Well it is pretty stupid to think you’re gonna win from just working as a team once,” Incendio laughed. “But now you understand it, instead of being alone like you always are right now included, you should open up to those guys more.”

“I’m good alone, I don’t need to rely on others to drag me down or make me feel like I need their help,” Darren argued as he stood up from the sand. “I’ve been alone for the last 7 years of my life…there’s only one person that I would’ve trusted enough to work with and he’s gone.”

Incendio’s expression turned somber as he looked at the sand, almost as if a forgotten memory was coming back to him. “I heard about your friend Roger’s death and that my former boss killed him.”

“Well, sorry isn’t gonna bring him back now is it?” Darren pointed out while clenching his fist. “The reason….” He interrupted himself, practically biting his tongue as he tried to hold his words back; however, this proved to be futile because even he knew that he would eventually have to say it.

“The reason I stopped trying to be around those guys is cause I’m afraid…I’m afraid that I’ll end up getting close to them then see them all vanish in front of me,” he stated, his voice still sounding forced. “And even though I killed Zivok I don’t feel better, I still have that fear and I still feel bad for Roger’s death.”

“Well it’s good you’re being honest with yourself,” Incendio grinned and proceeded to stand back up. “But that fear is something we all have, in many different ways and until you conquer your own fear you won’t be able to get any stronger.”

“So for now, instead of trying to turn away from what’s in front of you, just look forward.”

When Darren heard this he began to raise his head, almost as if he was being controlled by someone else. Allison stood in front of him, a smile on her face as she walked over. He noticed that she was holding a silver tray on her arms and his eyes immediately fell on the brown fudge covered cake, though the darkness of the night had made it almost completely black.

“Yo, how come you’re all alone here?” Allison asked with a curious expression on her face.

“I can say the same about you,” Darren countered, his eyes staring at Allison’s. “And what’s with the cake, we didn’t win.”

Allison seemed to had been hurt by this comment, she had obviously worked hard on the cake and it was true that they hadn’t won but it still felt bad for Darren to remind her that. “I know…I didn’t fulfill my promise to you,” she muttered with sadness. “But, we didn’t lose and everybody’s okay…well I’m okay now that I washed all the paint off but we should still enjoy ourselves don’t you think,” she beamed and walked closer towards him.

He still didn’t get it. What was the purpose of celebrating if you were only celebrating a draw; however, he couldn’t say that in front of Allison, especially now that her expression showed she wouldn’t take no for an answer.

“Come on Darren!” Allison urged as she nudged Darren’s shoulder slightly. “Come on, we’ll eat cake with everyone and celebrate,” she nodded her head cheerfully; her sudden change of personality causing Darren to raise an eyebrow in confusion. “But tomorrow I’ll challenge you to a rematch and you better accept!” she screamed at the top of her lungs, her voice sounding more determined.

Darren sighed at this, though it was mostly due to Allison’s unpredictable moods. He was kind of glad though, even if she annoyed him with her constant duels it was still nice to have someone that paid attention to him and was willing to be around him. He looked at Incendio once more.

“Go and enjoy the cake, though save me a slice,” Incendio laughed and proceeded to walk off, though not before winking at Darren.

“Fine Allison, let’s go,” Darren pocketed his hands and began walking as well.

“Wait! Is our battle on then!?”

Claudia stared at the partying students, her mind wandering as she thought back to the events of the battle before and completely ignoring the music and the sound of the others talking. She couldn’t get her mind away from what Zephyr had said, was she really resentful of Miko? It’s not like seeing her with Reggie hadn’t hurt her but she didn’t really hate her for it.

Though she had to agree that part of her did feel bad because of what had happened to Reggie, after he had despaired so much and had even asked for her help he was acting as if nothing had happened. No, she couldn’t think about that, she couldn’t afford to be selfish and let those words get to her.

Claudia felt a presence draw towards her, her gaze didn’t avert from the sand though as she passed it off as just another person.

Her mind changed once she felt her head been ruffled; something that caused the girl to scream in shock and jump away from the sudden action. As she hit the sand she was able to see a giggling Valerie standing above her. “You sure seemed to be thinking hard? Need any help with that brain teaser you’ve got there?” she asked; her usual sheepish smile never leaving her face.

Claudia didn’t reply; instead she panted as she tried to calm herself back down from Valerie’s sudden surprise. “No it’s okay, I was just thinking about the match is all.”

“Oh?” Valerie stated, her expression becoming more curious now. She put her hands to her hips and leaned closer to Claudia. “You know we were all surprised by your victory, you did pretty well too, mind telling me what happened?”

“Well you can’t really say I won,” Claudia spoke nervously, now recalling the events that had transpired to the forest in more detail. She had to admit that if it hadn’t been for the Swablu she would’ve never been able to find Zephyr.

That’s when it finally crossed her mind, the Swablu that she and her Vulpix had met at the forest had quickly flown off after they got out, though she had to admit that she liked the little guy and actually wanted to catch him. “Let’s just say I had a bit of help from a friend,” she spoke with a more somber tone now.

“Blu swa blu blu!” the sound of incessant chirping filled Claudia’s and Valerie’s ears and made them, along with the rest of the people around them turn towards the sky. Claudia gasped in disbelief when she saw the Swablu that had helped her in the forest flying in the sky above them.

“That’s the Swablu I met before,” Claudia noted with an air of amazement. She saw as the Swablue began to descend before slowly landing onto the shoulder and making the girl step back due to the sudden increase in weight.

“Why did you come here?” Claudia raised a confused eyebrow.

“Swablu swa blu bluswa swa!” the Swablu exclaimed, almost as if what it was saying should be obvious; though Claudia obviously hadn’t noticed what it was saying.

“I think the little guy is saying that he wants to be with you,” Valerie pointed out with a cheeky grin as she petted the small flying type; who in turn nodded its head, almost as if it was affirming Valerie’s suspicion.

“Really?” Claudia exclaimed in disbelief as she looked at the Swablu. She was surprised mostly because she didn’t think the Swablu liked her that much, especially considering that it seemed to be mad at her before. Part of her felt happy though, happy that the Pokemon was willing to give her a chance at being its trainer. “I’m not very strong though, not strong enough to have a Pokemon like you at least.”

The Swablu shook its head before swiftly pecking Claudia’s forehead and causing her to jump and shriek in pain. “The guy doesn’t mind Claudia,” Valerie pointed out. “I assume this is the reason you won isn’t it?” she asked before smiling at the bird Pokemon and bowing her head. “It’s giving you the chance to catch it because it believes that you’re a suitable trainer…so don’t waste that opportunity.”

Claudia just stared at her friend and at the Swablu; her mind still surprised at the sudden turn of events. She smiled and proceeded to take a pokeball out and point it towards the Swablu. “Do you really want to work with me?” she asked

The Swablu didn’t say anything and instead just nodded its head happily. And that was all Claudia needed as she gently patted the bird’s head before seeing it being absorbed into the small sphere-like object.

She casted her worries aside and turned towards Valerie once more. “You know, I feel better now,” she grinned. “I won’t worry about things that don’t matter right now, all I can do is live in the moment.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I’m glad you solved it,” Valerie smiled back.

Jack kept his gaze on the beach’s shore, his mind wandering and going back to thoughts about his battle against Zephyr as well as the battle that the Media Club had with the Enforcers. He knew that he needed to get stronger, he was even able to tell that much while watching the battle. He adjusted his glasses a bit before he felt someone approach him.

Jack quickly turned his head around and came face to face with Marie, who was carrying two cans of soda with her. Of course he couldn’t help but turn his gaze towards the matching green bikini top and bottom that she had been wearing; they did a great job in showing her petite figure.

“I think you’re drooling,” Marie noted, causing the boy to finally pull himself back from his own world and stare at the now laughing girl. “I guess even you have guy moment huh?”

“I’m not Darren, I’m just more serious than Fin,” Jack frowned; trying desperately to hide the blush that had materialized on his face. He had to admit that he really did feel a lot different when around Marie, he was usually more serious or composed in front of others but he was never able to keep his thoughts straight with her.

“Well I guess that’s true,” Marie nodded her head in agreement before she sat down next to Jack and presented one of the cans to him.

“Soda?”

“I don’t like beer,” Marie chuckled timidly. “If you want something else I could go get it.”

“No it’s okay,” Jack shook his head, taking a second to feel the coldness of the can envelop his hand and causing him to feel a slight tingle due to the sudden change in temperature. “I was just thinking is all.”

“About how you lost to Zephyr and how the others came closer to defeating the Enforcers compared to us?” Marie stated, though in a way that made it seem more like a guess as she gulped down her soda.

He stared at her violet hair as it was pushed behind her shoulders, his face still maintaining a bit of its red color. “Well…yeah, it’s just annoying when I see that Fin and Reggie are starting to get ahead of me, it doesn’t feel like I’m growing at all.”

“You boys and your battle problems,” Marie teased, she sticking her tongue out at Jack to emphasize her tone. “Jack, you’re a great guy and you’re much smarter and cunning that those two, true Fin might be stronger and Reggie does have a quick growth but you’re a better strategist than the two of them combined.”

“So what you’re saying is that I should just keep sticking to strategies forever?” Jack raised an eyebrow.

“Well strategies are crucial,” Marie winked as she raised her index finger and smiled at her friend. “Strength doesn’t matter as long as you have a counter measure for everything, and that’s what you excel at.”

Jack stared at the sand for a moment, allowing Marie’s words to sink in and take place inside of his head as he slowly lifted the specks of sand and watched them fall back down as he moved his hand. “I guess you do have a point.”

“Oh by the way, how about we go pick up some berries one of these days, there’s always more we can grow in the green house,” Marie nodded her head cheerfully, her demeanor changing completely. Jack couldn’t say that he didn’t appreciate this side of her, it was something that helped him get rid of his pressure.

He looked at her with the corner of his eyes, his mind racing with things that he wanted to say. He had joined the gardening club because he wanted to spend more time with her, and even though they got along well he still wasn’t sure if it was right for him to even confess his feelings.

“Hmm…Marie..” Jack mumbled; however, before he was able to get the words out of his mouth he saw a couple of girls walk towards Marie. He didn’t say anything, instead trying to process what was going on, unfortunately Marie proceeded to stand up and flash him an expression of regret before she waved at him and walked off with the girls.

Jack frowned, his eyes fixating on the water once more. He was about to confess his feelings, but at the end of the day it all just felt pointless.

“You sure struck out buddy.”

Jack’s frown grew even more when he saw Fin standing over him, a grin on his face as he patted his friend’s back. “But it’s okay I mean, it happens to the best of us, though that really went bad,” the redhead laughed while crossing his arms.

Jack just groaned with annoyance; not really feeling up for Fin’s usual jokes and sarcastic comments. “You know, I’m not in the mood for your crap today Fin.”

“Oh come on, I’m just trying to help out,” Fin pouted as he looked towards Marie and the two girls. “Though really, why didn’t you tell her I mean you had a great opportunity.”

“I just don’t think it’s right,” Jack sighed before adjusting his glasses once more. “Marie is a really cute girl, everyone likes her and she’s always so…perfect really, she even takes care of someone like me.”

Fin raised an eyebrow in confusion; almost as if what Jack was saying was all gibberish to him. “You know, you don’t give yourself enough credit man, you’re not a bad looker and you’re pretty freaking awesome!” Fin exclaimed.

“That’s weird. You complimenting someone that is.”

“My advice is to just tell her how you feel about her, if you really like her that is,” Fin nodded his hade sagely before slowly turning around. “You could ask Reggie for some advice, he did manage to confess to Miko after all.”

“Since when do we have to deal with all this strange romance crap anyway?” Jack sighed with exasperation; now passing his hand over his hair and brushing it back.

“Honestly you can’t tell me you like getting your right eye blown out more than this, regeneration or not that still had to hurt like hell,” Fin deadpanned.

“Touche.”

“Exactly, so why don’t we just relax and talk like two normal guys,” Fin smiled, though by his tone it was clear that there was more to it than just good intentions. “Now, how about I get us some drinks and help you drown your sorrows?” Fin suggested with a smirk.

Jack just sighed in exasperation, realizing that Fin really did have an ulterior motive. “No thanks,” he muttered before he stood up from the sand and began walking off; in turn leaving a dumbfounded Fin on the sand.

“Fine then! I’ll happily drown your sorrows for you, because that’s what friends do!” Fin yelled loudly and put his hands on the side of his face so as to make his voice louder.

Fin just frowned and crossed his arms, feeling slightly annoyed at how Jack had left suddenly even after he had tried to cheer him up. “You sure have a way with people don’t you?” He raised his head and turned around; only to see Valerie walking towards him, though she seemed to be laughing at the events that had just transpired. “I see you’re being annoying as usual,” she grinned while putting her hand on her waist.

“I’m only trying to help a friend,” Fin was not amused, barely nodding his head to recognize Valerie’s presence as he stared at the girl’s figure. “Wow…you’ve been growing in all the rights places haven’t ya,” he chuckled.

Valerie groaned at this before proceeding to sit down; though she also seemed to have a slight blush. “Oh be quiet your perv,” she said before looking at the retreating figure of Jack. “Though I’m gonna assume you did have some good intentions when you tried to help him right?” she inquired.

Fin stayed silent for a few seconds, his eyes displaying a certain gleam to them as if he had been found out. “Well I guess nothing escapes you does it Ms. Reporter,” Fin grinned slyly while scratching his chin. “Well, I originally wanted to give Jack the advise of talking to Reggie, but I knew that if I said it in some cutesy and sentimental way it wouldn’t work as much as if it was…well annoying, I found out people tend to respond more to what annoys them.”

“You know knowing you I’m not surprised if you’re just pulling my chain,” Valerie narrowed her eyes at him while raising one of her eyebrows. She sighed and leaned back slightly, something that made Fin finally pay proper attention to her, though mostly out of curiosity for the source of her stress.

“You seem awfully worried about something, and here I thought you were the laid back one,” Fin smirked. “So what’s bothering you?”

Valerie didn’t reply, instead a small blush of embarrassment crossed her face as she turned to look at the beach. “It’s nothing really…”

“Oh it so is, your face is so red you’re practically turning into a Voltorb!” Fin exclaimed, he leaning closer to Valerie; which only caused her to move back and push him back. “Come on, tell me what’s bothering you!” he whined.

Valerie closed her eyes, almost as if she was debating whether she should tell him or not. In the end she just opened her eyes again before looking down at the sand and muttering something inaudible. “What? I couldn’t quite catch that?” Fin asked as he leaned his ear closer.

“I said I’m annoyed at all these damn couples!” Valerie yelled, the force of her scream practically making Fin jump back so as to avoid any damage to his ear; though he still grabbed on to it tightly after having taken most of the sound in. “It’s really frustrating when I see everyone having crushes and getting together…and I’m all alone,” she pouted in frustration.

Fin just stared at her for a second…though his expression didn’t seem to show any kind of emotion aside from a clear shock. After a while it began to distort before it formed his signature grin; something that just made Valerie frown even more. “What’s so funny?” she hissed.

“You’re horny aren’t you?” Fin asked sheepishly.

The statement was enough to make Valerie blush a deep red, her eyes becoming wide open as she stared and practically glared at Fin for his assumption; however, she couldn’t say that he was completely wrong. “….what the hell!? I’m a girl you can’t just say that stuff!” she screamed, her arms flailing about as she shook her head in embarrassment.

“I think we both know I’m almost completely shameless,” Fin replied while inspecting his nails. “Though you haven’t told me I’m wrong either.”

Valerie’s face drop down, her hair covering her eyes even though her blush was still pretty clear for Fin to see. “Come on Valerie, we both know that a relationship right now would just be a hassle, I mean if you get a boyfriend you won’t be able to focus on your reporting especially if you want to get that scholarship to Jubelife News next year,” he pointed out; leaning closer once more so that he was now looking over Valerie. “So no, you don’t want a relationship but you do want what comes with one.”

“You’re a real douchebag you know that,” Valerie gritted her teeth in annoyance; though there wasn’t much she could do in terms of arguing anymore.

“Meh, I’d rather think of myself as someone that is honest with his feelings~” Fin chimed, now putting his hands behind his head. “Though…are you?” he smirked.

“….maybe…” Valerie muttered quietly.

“Well then I guess we’ve reached an impass then,” Fin nodded his head quickly. “I mean I can sort of understand how you feel, plus I do have a similar situa…”

“Oh I do hope you’re not suggesting what I think you’re suggesting!” Valerie threw her index finger forward, practically putting it in front of Fin’s mouth so as to shut him up. “Cause you’re the last person I would consider!”

Fin was the one to pout this time, his eyes staring into Valerie’s as a grin rematerialized on his face. “Come on Val, it’ll only be once so that we can get rid of our situation, you know, scratch my back and I scratch yours though we’re not really talking about backs but we both know what we’re talking about so that works too,” he shrugged nonchalantly.

“No one has to know.”

“No one at all dear,” Fin smirked as he and Valerie stared at each other. He leaned forward slightly and proceeded to give her a quick kiss on the lips which managed to startle her. “Deal?”

“…deal….”

Drowziness was still clouding his mind as well as a deep feeling of disorientation, almost as if his brain was restarting after a long period of time. He opened his eyes slowly, but was only able to see a deep darkness that lay above him.

He blinked a couple of times in an attempt to adjust his sight and as he did he felt the soft and warm feeling of the bed before him. “Am I in my room?” Reggie muttered silently as he tried to sit up; though it was to no avail as his body was pushed back down as soon as he moved. He gritted his teeth at the searing pain spreading through his body before he laid back down.

The last thing he remembered was fighting against Kevin, he could actually still hear the sound of his fist hitting his face and he could swear that he was also able to feel the bruise that it had left. “How did I get here though? And what happened with the match?” he wondered as he began to look around his room.

“Oh you woke up,” Reggie’s attention was taken by the soft and gentle voice of Miko as she walked into the room, she displaying an expression of relief at seeing her boyfriend awake. “I was afraid I’d have to call the doctor or something,” she laughed silently before walking in and closing the door behind her. “Are you feeling okay?”

“Well…my head’s still ringing,” Reggie chuckled shyly while using his right hand to rub his forehead. He stared at Miko for a moment, allowing the fact that they were both alone in his room to sink into him and he in turn blushed once this happened, he wasn’t used to having someone take care of them or at least not someone that wasn’t blood related. “Were you waiting for me to wake up?”

“Of course I was you idiot,” Miko exclaimed, her expression changing to one of concern as she paced closer to Reggie. “I mean I saw you fall to the floor after all that, and you had so many bruises and had taken so many hits I couldn’t just pass it off as nothing!” she frowned at him; though it was mostly due to his question. She proceeded to sigh before gently sitting down on the bed.

Reggie blushed more at this as he scooted away from Miko, still feeling nervous about having her so close to her. It’s true that they had hugged and kissed considering they had already been dating for almost two months, but with them being in his room, alone, together…it was a little too much for him. “So uh…what happened with the match and the competition…did we win?” he stuttered.

Miko raised an eyebrow and a toothy grin also displayed on her face, like she was thinking of something; regardless she still answered. “Well we didn’t win, but we did end up in a draw which is pretty amazing if you ask me!” she exclaimed cheerfully and raised her right index and middle finger so as to make a victory sign. “Plus um…I actually managed to win my challenge…well Darren and mine, it’s still surprising I got him to work together with me,’ she laughed.

“Actually that does sound really unbelievable,” Reggie stood wide eyed at this revelation; he was happy that Miko had been able to help out and accomplish victory but the fact that she was able to get Darren to actually work as a team was an even more amazing feat. “You really are amazing you know that,” he pointed out while displaying a warm smile. “You’re always able to help people out when they’re in trouble no matter what the cost, it’s something that I really enjoy about you.”

“You’re gonna make me blush if you keep saying that you dummy,” Miko spoke, though now it was her turn to become shy as she turned away from Reggie and blushed.

“But you’re already blushing,” Reggie laughed; finally managing to sit up.

Miko just turned to look towards him, an expression of bewilderment and realization on her face as she grabbed one of the bed’s pillows. “Dummy, dummy, dummy!” she yelled before hitting him with the pillow and in turn making Reggie laugh louder at this. “By the way…people might’ve taken it the wrong way but…I got your message,” her tone became quieter and ever so somber as she stared into Reggie’s blue eyes.

Reggie didn’t avert his gaze either and actually smiled back at her as he moved closer towards her. “So then…are we okay?”

“You really are a dummy huh?” Miko smirked before wrapping her arms around Reggie and leaning closer to him. “Yes we’re okay…and I love you,” she whispered before gently resting her lips against his as Reggie wrapped his arms around her; feeling the warmth of her body and of her kisses envelope him.

“Actually…where’s Chigon?”

“Oh you noticed,” Miko giggled as she put her forehead against Reggie’s. “Well…I told him to wait outside of the room because, well you see I figured I should reward you.”

“…reward me?” Reggie raised an eyebrow in curiosity; at least until he was able to deduce what she meant and then proceeded to blush yet again. “Wait….really?”

“Well, you did fight long and hard and you’ve been training so much,” she grinned before leaning back slightly and proceeding to take her jacket off only to take Reggie’s as well. “Do you not want to?” she pouted playfully at him.

“I…uh…I…..yes…” he stuttered, his head moving from side to side and trying to find somewhere to look at.

Miko put her arms around him once more before gently lying down onto the bed with him and kissing his cheek. “Then…just relax now,” she smiled before kissing him on the lips once more.

End of Chapter 36
Next Time: Bloodless Brotherhood

Last edited:
Nice chapter here. Perfect wind down moment after the big chain of events the last few chapters. My only disappointment with it was the fact that, despite requesting it, I wasn't added to the mention list. That's just cold, man.

Nice chapter here. Perfect wind down moment after the big chain of events the last few chapters. My only disappointment with it was the fact that, despite requesting it, I wasn't added to the mention list. That's just cold, man.

Sorry sorry sorry xD I knew I had forgotten about someone, I'll add you starting from the next chapter, my apologies *gives you a cookie*
@AetherX; Fin knows his way around things when he wants something huh? xD

*eats cookie* Meh, not as good as Creamy's cookies. And unless you're familiar with the Zelda forum Legend's Place, you'll have no idea who that is, but the point is still valid. And don't sweat it.

In the end, Fin is still Fin (sigh).

Anyway, nice conclusion to the Enforcers Arc, Flaze. They all did a good job against the Enforcers, so they certainly deserve some rest after what they all went through. You made some good details from each character's perspective about the environment and situation they're in, as well their thoughts.

I liked the various development you've made in this chapter, especially Darren which is my favourite. We finally learn why he isn't interacting with others as much as other, that he is actually afraid of losing them the same way he lost Roger and also the importance of teamwork (I think?).

Seems like Jack and Marie's relationship is building up slowly but steady, though none of them seems to be willing to make the move on each other. Gonna be interesting to see how this is going to develop.

I've been wondering were the heck that Swablu went after Claudia's battle. Let's hope she'll get more active in battle then. She definitely has potential, though she needs a little more confidence.

The part with Valerie and Fin took me by surprise, to be honest. Never thought she was frustrated about others being couples and she didn't have a boyfriend. I wonder how this is going to go...

There were a couple of words that were spelled wrong or missing commas (-> ,). But you have improved since Dragon's Roar and since the start of this fic. And since this marks the end of a major arc, I think this would be a good point to talk about Second Year Rhapsody fic as a whole.

The first arc introduced many of new characters we've seen so far, Claudia and Alison among them, as well as establishing their goals and personalities. But the arc can also be seen as the weakest, as most of the chapters had episodic plots and weren't very much connected to each other. But you introduced the new characters in a way that probably under normal circumstances in a normal arc in a Pokémon fanfic. The Unova arc, however, had a much more connected plot than the previous one and also showed greater character development, especially on Reggie's part. You also introduced Memento Mori as the main antagonist of this fic in a nice and subtle way, even if they were in the background while the Black Knights were the main antagonist of the arc.

The arc after that were also quite important as it affected everyone, as you introduced the Enforcers as a major rival to the characters. Reggie as a character here had been shaken since the previous arc, as he has realized that he has gotten overconfident following Dragon's Roar. And following the trashing defeat at the hands of the Black Knight, he was pretty much shot right back down to the ground and reality, with things not getting any better for him when his crush, Miko, got into a relationship with Kevin. Besides Reggie, the way you introduced the Enforcers and showed everyone else that they weren't even among the strongest was good.

All that reached its pinnacle in the next arc, with Reggie encountering Memento Mori once more in the winter break in an attempt to rescue Chigon, after having originally released him after feeling the world was crushing down on him. I really liked the return of Reggie's dark side and how he gave Reggie a lesson over what he has been through so far (if I remember correctly) and that he was the one who motivated Reggie to fix things and even finally confess his feelings to Miko.

The Enforcers arc also had a lot of development for all of the characters. You didn't focus on just Pokémon battles, but on different trials the characters had to overcome and also show what they can do besides battling, creating some great diversity. Reggie also went through some development, both mentally and physically. Mentally because he's there somewhat more confident in a good way, but also had to deal with Kevin, Miko's previous boyfriend, who had joined the Enforcers and forcing Reggie to deal with his newfound rivalry with him. Physically, since he started his training/torture under Darren's tutelage in order to become better, which would play a role in the final chapters of this arc.

When it was finally time to confront the Enforcers, I enjoyed the various rules and diversity you've made for each battle, keeping things fresh and interesting. I do have to admit, I was surprised to see that the Media club lost the first few battles, but seeing from another perspective, one could say that it was a way to show that the Enforcers are not to be underestimated. At any rate, they were creatively well thought out and kept things interesting.

Overall, you've done great and improved quite a lot since you started the second chapter of Pokémon Academy, even if there's still rooms for improvements. I've nothing else to say other than this: Keep up the good work :)

Last edited:
As I am such an awful person, I never actually gave you any concrete feedback for the last Awards - whoops! So sorry for this, but here we are now!

I really did enjoy this story; it was quite a fun and easy read but it still had the heavy plotline in the background that makes it all worthwhile to sit down and put time and energy into this. It was very easy to pick up from the previous story in terms of all the characters being reintroduced and the previous plotline only been fleetingly mentioned rather than us constantly being battered around the head with it. A favourite point for me was the Celadon/Cerulean arc (a bit ironic I can't remember which one, but thats more Game Freak's fault for too similar city names :p) and the excellent character development Reggie had.
As I have said earlier, the technical side lets you down a bit as some sentences have heavy typos or missing words that make it difficult to read, so just watch out for those. Also, I think the area you need to work on the most is setting, as sometimes the description of the school gets a bit confusing and other locations felt quite rushed or under-described in the story. However, you have a great style that feels very unique to this story, and I look forward to being able to read more of this story when I get the time :D

@Flaze; Add all this stuff to the first post. Also I better get a big thank you :p I spent two episodes of Vampire Diaries doing this.

Character Sprites:
FHT1R.png
FHT2.png
FHT3.png
FHT4.png

Reggie:
FHT1R.png

Larger Version of him and Chigon that I cut from the DR banner:
ReggieandChi.png

The picture of him and Miko by Instrutilus
RM-1.png

Fang Drag AKA Fin Wave:
FHT2.png

Jack Harman:
FHT3.png

Adorable Darren Schifer:
FHT4.png

DESCRIPTION OF CHIGON EVOLUTIONS:
Chigon: Chigon looks like a puppy with a dragon like tail. It has two dragon like wings that protrude from its sides and on its forehead is a red triangle (presumable according to descriptions, the pic doesn't show it though. Flaze don't you dare delete this note about Chigon)

Alagon: A medium sized dragon that is much larger than Chigon and stands on all fours. Its backside is covered by red armor that goes all down its tail and the underside is covered in white scales. Its nose is long with fangs and long whiskers as well as blue horns on its head along with a yellow jewel in the center of its chest.

Pangon: About twice as big as Alagon, Pangon also stands on all fours. Its body and legs are covered in yellow armor while its head is covered by a golden helmet. Between the armor on its body and legs, one can see yellow fur, likewise its neck is covered by a yellow mane along with the already present armor.Two blade like objects protrude from its sides and the end of the tail is a spiked ball object. Most notable about it is that unlike the others it does not have wings.

Plesiogon:It looks like a plesiosaurus covered in aqua blue armor from head to body. Parts of it not covered by the armor reveal its navy colored skin. It has fangs protruding from its mouth and its eyes are yellow with large pupils.

Rosegon:Rosegon is around the same size as Alagon except thinner and with green eyes. It is completely covered in green scales with a long neck that has a flower shaped helmet covering it. Its body has vines wrapped around it and on its back is a large pink flower.

Pyrgon:This one is special as it evolves from Alagon rather than Chigon. Unlike Alagon it stands on two legs and has actual arms. Its whole body is covered by a fiery red armor. It wings are longer than Alagon's and are crimson in color, and its tail is longer as well. On its forehead is a V shaped crest and its chest armor that goes all the way to the shoulders has a diamond like crest in the middle.

Cielgon:Cielgon the true evolution of Chigon is a bipedal dragon. The whole body is covered in white armor minus its white scaled feet, claws, and mouth. Its eyes are blue in color and on its forehead is a red triangle just like chigon. Its wings are large and feathery like an angels.

INDEX

Prologues
Chapter 1: There’s Always a First Day
Chapter 2: Reggie and Matthew, Under Achievers Unite!
Chapter 3: What Makes a Tag Team
Chapter 4: United We Might Win
Chapter 5: The Girl that Sat Alone
Chapter 6: A Transferred Star and Reggie’s Jealousy
Chapter 7: Lost in the Forrest
Chapter 8: Girlfriend?
Chapter 9: Mistralton: The First Stop
Chapter 10: Ice Cream and Fireworks
Chapter 11: Lights, Camera, Action!
Chapter 12: Victoria Inalcanzable Parte 1
Chapter 13: Victoria Inalcanzable Parte 2
Chapter 14: Victoria Alcanzable
Chapter 15: Realization
Chapter 16: The Great Detectives Claudia and Valerie
Chapter 17: The Looming Shadows
Chapter 18: Meet the Enforcers
Chapter 19: Declaration of War
Chapter 20: Hitting Rock Bottom
Chapter 21: Gallant Reggie
Chapter 22: Celadon City Scramble Part 1: Broken Bonds
Chapter 23: Celadon City Scramble Part 2: Rising from the Ashes
Chapter 24: Celadon City Scramble Part 3: A Victory and a Confession
Chapter 25: First Date and Epilogue
Chapter 26: Reggie vs Tyson, Win with One Shot
Chapter 27: Reggie’s Proposal
Chapter 28: The First Challenge and Fifth Meeting
Chapter 29: Claudia’s and Allison’s Abilities
Chapter 30: Miko’s Love
Chapter 31: A Strategist’s Game
Chapter 32: 6 vs. 6 The Last Challenge Begins
Chapter 33: Skipping Stones, The Battle Girl falls
Chapter 34: Teamwork/The Dark Forest
Chapter 35: Two Different Worlds
Chapter 36: Afterthoughts

@AetherX; @Druddigon; @Heartz; @Instrutilus; @Soulmaster; @Tophat Dragoneye; @The Jingster; @System Error; @Midorikawa; @Warrior of Fire;

Well it's certainly been a long time since I last posted for my fic huh? two months, that's really a long time and I actually feel bad for that xD so to make up for it and to celebrate the awards coming yet again I've got the chance to write not one but two chapters!

I don't have much to say except that this is the start of a new arc, the second to last arc to be exact.

Also I'd like to give thanks to Midorikawa for helping me out with the index and for giving me the idea for short special chapters, these chapters will be used so that I can write things that aren't fit to be a chapter of their own and are just simple things of the character's life.

So without further ado we have the two chapters plus a little something else that my friend Instrutilus is working on so be sure to check it out ;)

Chapter 37: Bloodless Brotherhood

The fresh morning breeze filled Academy Island, the trees whistled with the wind and Pokemon were just coming out of their hiding places to welcome the day.

Classes were finally back in session and after the match between the Enforcers and the Media Club the day before, the school still hadn’t calmed down. Students made their way into the castle, their voices taking over campus as they all commented on the events that had transpired the day before.

Reggie on the other hand had other thoughts on his head, completely unaware of the attention he was getting as he walked pass, a blush still embedded on his face as he thought back to the events of the night before…no, he couldn’t think back to them…at least not in that specific moment. He put his hand to his face and felt the heat that it was radiating. And how couldn’t it? He had spent the night with Miko for the first time something that was still amazing to him.

“I feel so happy right now,” he spoke with a shaky tone as he walked through the grass of the campus.

“Yo, space man!” Reggie was pulled out of his thoughts by the sound of Fin’s voice from behind him. He turned around and saw him walking towards him while waving his right hand. “You seem like you’re deep in thought about something…but a blush huh…” he scratched his chin in curiosity before smirking. “Did something good happen last night?” he asked as a toothy smirk appeared on his face.

“Wha…no..nothing happened…nothing at all,” he stuttered as his eyes turned away from Fin nervously; his body even shaking as he spoke. He was still feeling shy about the whole thing, and while Fin was his best friend he also knew that he was the last person he should say those things to.

“Oh please, you have the ‘I got laid last night’ face plastered all over you,” Fin teased, raising his index finger so that he could point at Reggie’s face. Suddenly Fin’s expression became giddy and his eyes opened wide with realization. “Oh my god, you and Miko…wow…details man, details!” Fin yelled as he threw his arm around Reggie’s shoulder.

“No details, and don’t speak so loudly you idiot!” Reggie yelled.

“Oh come on, you can’t expect me to just let something like this god, it’s like asking the rain not to fall,” Fin sighed.

“Well if you’re so curious about what I did then why don’t you tell me what you did last night?” Reggie frowned. He noticed that Fin actually became catatonic when he mentioned this, almost as if he too had something that he needed to hide.

“Fine I won’t lie…I got myself a little love last night as well, it was normal you know,” Fin shrugged, though it was clear that there was more to it.

“Oh really? Who was it?”

“None of your business!” Fin exclaimed before he began to poke at Reggie’s ribs and causing the Charizard Red student to squirm about. “We were on the subject of you and Miko so don’t go changing it damn it!”

“What are we kids? why are you poking at my ribs!?”

Fin laughed at this and took his arm away from Reggie, a satisfied grin crossing his face as he kept walking. “I’m just teasing you man,” he said playfully and turned to look towards the building’s entrance before proceeding to scan the rest of the Castle’s garden.

He was still surprised at the huge side of it, sprawling as far as 500 meters. There were fourth grass fields located on each one of the corners of the field with the area between them being made of bricks. These paths led to the two black buildings that were on either side, which had been created for the first years after the school was rebuilt during the summer. “Hey, how about we go and get some breakfast, I’m craving for some pancakes.”

“Well I was supposed to meet Miko at the food court so I guess that works,” Reggie nodded his head in agreement; something that made Fin’s smile wider before the two kept walking towards the large castle-like building that stood in the center path right in front of them.

That’s when the two finally noticed the large crowd that had gathered right in front of the entrance of the school; something that tweaked their curiosity, though there was something that told Reggie that things weren’t right.

The two gasped as they passed through the crowd. Standing amongst the crowd was Kevin, his nose was covered with a Band-Aid; something that in turn made Fin scoff. He also had a band aid on his cheek and his right arm was bandaged. The thing that shocked Reggie most about his appearance though was the fact that he was wearing the green uniform that normal Roselia Leaf students wear as opposed to the Enforcers version of the uniform he used to wear.

Standing in front of Kevin, and with a pissed off look on his face was a Pikachu Thunder student with a red colored Mohawk that pointed upwards and matched with his bloodshot eyes. Reggie couldn’t help but feel a bit intimidated when he saw how the guy glared down at Kevin and was afraid of what could be happening. “This is an interesting scene,” Fin muttered.

Standing behind him was a short petite Charizard Flame girl, she grabbing onto the guy’s shoulder as she too glared at Kevin. She had violet colored eyes with eye shadow around her eyelashes and under her eyes. Reggie was a bit amazed by the fact he couldn’t recognize the girl, even after detailing her bright green hair. He noticed that Kevin didn’t seem to move, he just stood there staring at the two as if asking what they wanted.

“Anyways Mr. Actor, you better fess up and apologize to my girl here for what you did yesterday!?” the boy with the Mohawk screamed, his voice breaking through the crowd thanks to the force he had put into it.

Kevin once more didn’t flinch and instead jus scratched his ear. “I’m sorry but I don’t know what you mean, and frankly I don’t care, I’m not really in a good mood today,” the blond replied with bitterness as he pocketed his hands; however, he did scan the girl so as to try to remember who she was.

“Seriously?” the boy snickered before stepping aside so that his girlfriend would move forward. “Why don’t you tell him what he did babe?”

“Certainly,” the girl nodded her head, her face changed now displaying a more melancholic expression; something that made what they were trying to do clear to Reggie and Fin. “Yesterday during the after party Kevin came to me and we started talking…and…and then he took advantage of me and made me cheat on my poor Mike…” the sobbed, she burying her face in her hands while Mike put his arms around her.

“Yes! Now apologize for what you did to us!” Mike yelled; though this still got no reaction from Kevin. Seeing this he decided to keep insisting, his face becoming more malicious as he increased his volume. “Oh I get it, maybe you just did it to make yourself feel better after having your puny little ass handed to you by that Damon kid huh!?” he screamed. “Is your little self-esteem down you poor washed up actor!”

At this Kevin finally reacted, his face displaying his irritation at Mike’s comment. It didn’t last for long though and proceeded to turn into a smirk when he finally began to pace towards him. “I see, so you’re here to get me to take responsibility for sleeping with your girlfriend…you know I didn’t actually recognize her until I heard her voice, I couldn’t forget that voice since it’s almost melodic.”

“Guess what Mike,” he enunciated his name and finally stood face to face with Mike. “I did sleep with your girlfriend, now if you want to believe I took advantage of her that’s up to you but regardless of the case the fact that she went with me clearly says something about how much you suck as a boyfriend,” Kevin spoke slowly, his words dripping with unadulterated malice.

A vein popped on Mike’s forehead and his face in turn became redder as he latched onto the neck of Kevin’s neck and pulled him closer. “What did you say to me you shitface punk!”

The crowd began to gasp in disbelief, with some people beginning to chant for a fight to start. Unfortunately for the crowd Fin was able to step in and grabbed a hold of Mike’s arm. The boy turned to Fin, his glare intensifying; however he was greeted by Fin’s own glare, his eyes looking down at Mike as they became almost deadly. “Let. Him. Go,” with that Mike cowered back and allowed Fin to yank his arm off from Kevin.

“W-Why do you care? This doesn’t concern-“

“I’ll do what I like and stopping you from causing a stupid fight is what I wanna do!” Fin yelled back; not even allowing Mike to finish his sentence. “Now take your hussy girlfriend and crawl under a hole and die or something, frankly I could care less.”

The two didn’t reply, instead they just looked at each other skeptically. He seemed to want to talk back but couldn’t whenever he looked at Fin again. “This isn’t over!” he exclaimed before he and his girlfriend ran into the building.

Kevin stared at Fin for a moment before speaking. “Why did you help me out?”

“I didn’t do it cause I wanted to,” Fin frowned before pointing to Reggie; who was now standing in front of the crowd. “Reg can’t help you cause he’s got his own share of wounds so I did it for him.”

Kevin looked at a now nervous Reggie; mostly cause of the fact that he was now the center of attention. “Don’t think that we’ll be friends now,” Kevin scoffed, clearly mocking the boy. “Just cause you beat me doesn’t mean I’m going to retake what I said before, things such as friends are just pointless in the end.”

“I don’t want us to be friends,” Reggie replied while shaking his head; his eyes staring deeply at Kevin’s. “At least not if you don’t want to, but I couldn’t let them take advantage of you for that, besides, I do feel bad that now you’re…” his eyes looked down at his uniform with regret.

“You’re sad I’m not an Enforcer?” Kevin chuckled. “I don’t care really, I was only using them so I could get a chance to face off against you, we clearly saw how that ended up so it doesn’t matter…now leave me alone,” Kevin pocketed his hands and turned away from the rest of the crowd before proceeding to walk inside the building.

With that the crowd began to disperse as Fin walked back to his friend and patted his shoulder. “Hey, you okay?” he asked. Reggie had to admit that he was kind of surprised though, even though Fin had completely changed only a few minutes ago he had gone back to his usual calm and gentle demeanor, it was scary.

“Why…why is it you change so suddenly?” Reggie asked, deciding that it was better to get his worries out of his head. “This happened before too, last year when Lance came to visit and during the fight against Zivok and his men, and this year too when we fought against the Black Knights.”

Fin didn’t answer, just nodding his head and scratching his chin in thought. “It’s just…sometimes it seems like there’s a whole other side of you, you use the name Fin instead of your real name which is Fang…I kind of wonder if there’s another reason for that.”

“Well,” Fin outstretched his hands and smiled brightly towards his friend. “Yeah there is another reason, though that’s beyond the point right now.”

“I guess you could say that I’m like the sea itself in a way, I can be calm one minute and violent the next…I wouldn’t hit a woman though!” he laughed and scratched the back of his head, though it was clear to Reggie that he was just trying to change the mood of the conversation. “I admit my dad presses my buttons, and really you couldn’t expect me to stay relax in a life or death situation,” he shrugged. “But with Skyla and this time too…well Skyla and I might have a strange relationship but I care about her, and this time I wanted to help you out and doing that was the only way really.”

Reggie was still a bit confused, there was just so much that he still didn’t know about Fin even though he considered him his best friend or even a brother. He decided to ignore these thoughts though, after all the only thing that counted was the fact that he had him on his side. “But yeah, you’re my friend…hell you might even be the little brother I never had, someone I can tease and mess around with!” Fin laughed once more, only to see Reggie stretching his fist out towards him.

“Sorry for that sudden question,” Reggie bowed his head in apology as he stared at Fin.

“No problem buddy,” Fin smirked as he gently put his fist together with Reggie’s. “Now let’s go, I’m hungry after all that drama.”

In the third floor of the castle was Elemental Academy’s very own food court also known as the “Food Fair” by the student body. Reggie stared at the room with amazement as he walked inside. The court was composed of two floors, the first floor was filled with tables in every corner and had different types of food stands and restaurants lined up next to each other for the students to pick. In the center of the Food Fair were a pair of escalators that led to the second floor.

The floor was divided by a clear glass bridge that connected the two sides, like the first floor there were even more stands lined up with few chairs set up in front of them; though at the moment all of the stands on the top floor were closed.

“You normally eat in the Charizard Flame’s Pokemon Center so I guess you’re pretty shocked huh?” Fin asked with a grin as he strutted into the room calmly. “The food in the Pokemon Centers are good, but once or twice I crave for a good burger.”

“I’m still confused as to what the Cooking Club helps with, supposedly they work in one of the school’s kitchens right?” Reggie asked curiously.

“The school has its own stands set up aside from the ones you’d find out in the real world, the Cooking Club helps out in those stands,” Fin replied sagely. “Now I’m going to go to Wendy’s and buy myself some breakfast.”

“You’re going to a burger joint for breakfast?”

“They sell these awesome pancakes man!” Fin exclaimed with childish eagerness, his eyes gleaming towards Reggie. “I’ll buy some for you so you can see how right I am.”

“Well I guess since I’m pretty hungry…sure why not?” Reggie chuckled nervously, mostly because he was surprised at Fin’s sudden eagerness.

“Well at least he calmed down after that,” Reggie noted while scratching the back of his head. A part of him was still surprised by what had transpired back at the entrance and he was still not convinced about what Fin had told him either.

At that moment a loud beeping noise filled the Food Fair, causing everyone to put down their plates and food as they all began to search for the source of the noise. Reggie could faintly hear the sound of the beep coming from outside the fair as well, and was able to confirm his suspicions when a group of students walked in while searching.

The beeping noise stopped and was replaced with absolute silence as all talking ceased. This didn’t last long, as only a few minutes after the beeping stopped a large holographic screen appeared above the fair, there were a total of four screens all set up back to back against one another so that everyone would be able to see it.

“Good morning everyone, I trust you are all enjoying your first day back in school,” Everyone stared at the face of Brendan as he appeared on the screen, a smile on his face while he leaned back on his chair. “This is a new gimmick we have been working with, I’m glad to see that it actually worked out. But anyway.”

“I am talking to you all to congratulate everyone for a having successful Club Battle Royale, I trust you all enjoyed yourself during this event,” his tone was almost robotic; as if he had rehearsed what he was saying and was just trying to get it out of the way. “However, now it’s time to move things to the next level,” he grinned.

Brendan stood up from his chair and extended his arm to the right as a large symbol appeared on the screen. The symbol was composed of a white cross painted on a black shield. On each one of the corners of said cross were four symbols. On the right side was the symbol of a caged Umbreon, its teeth bared and with glaring red eyes.

On the left side of the cross was a purple colored sign with a black pendulum designed in the center of it. And finally there was a white shield with a knight’s helmet and two clashing swords on the upper corners and a shield with Elementary Academy’s insignia on it, a shield with a Charizard, Pikachu, Houndoom, Roselia and Gyarados drawn on the sides of the shield.

“What’s that?” Reggie muttered to himself as he looked at the screen.

“That is your next stage,” Reggie raised his head and turned around, only to come face to face with both Keith and Tyson as the two seniors stared at the screen. Keith looked at Reggie, his eyes scanning him and digging deep into his soul. “Just listen for now,” he muttered while closing his eyes.

“Now I’m sure you’re all wondering what I’m showing you here, and I’m going to answer that question right away,” Brendan explained before clicking his fingers and pointing towards the students, or at least that’s what it seemed like from the screen. “Back at the start of the year I announced that Knight Academy, Pendulum Academy, Rogue Academy and our own Elemental Academy had decided to organize a special competition where we would pick our best students and we would have them participate against each other.”

“And this is it!” Brendan screamed as he spread his arms out. “This is the Four Titans League, a tournament where the four most famous academies in the world join together to see who’s the strongest.”

Reggie could feel the crowd erupt with the sound of gossip and whispering, students were finally back to how they were before the announcement started, except that all of the talk was on Brendan’s announcement. Everyone was curious and talking about who would be pick, some saying the Enforcers…well most of them mentioned the Enforcers. Reggie however just stared at the screen in awe, as a feeling of anxiousness began to crawl up his spine.

“Do you get it now?” Tyson muttered while scratching the back of his neck and yawning. “It was all part of that plan you see, the official formation of the Enforcers, the Club Battle Royale…” he stared down at Reggie as the two looked at each other.

“Originally we had wanted this tournament to be this year,” Reggie could hear Brendan speaking, though he was still trying to process everything he was saying. “But due to some problems with planning we decided that instead we will push this tournament to next year,” when Brendan said this the crowd really began to talk. If the tournament was pushed to the next year that would mean that aside from Zephyr all of the Enforcers would’ve already graduated.

Reggie clenched his jacket as he bit his bottom lip. Part of him knew that Brendan had been preparing them all that time. Sending them on the field trip to fight against the Black Knights, having them face off against the Enforcers, it was all for this, it was all to see if they had what it took. And yet he still felt nervous, he still didn’t think he deserved to be granted that right.

“Sadly this means that our Enforcers won’t be able to participate, however I have already picked our roster for the tournament and plan on having the Enforcers train these individuals for their big game next year.”

“And without further ado, I will now announced those that were picked.” Brendan clicked his fingers once more, causing the shield to vanish and be replaced by 6 blue squares and three squares under them. “Standing at the front is the person that will be the official leader of these group, I believe it’s fitting as she will be leading the Enforcers next year as well. I present to you Zephyr Skye as our first member!”

With that Zephyr’s picture appeared on the first square, along with a golden star that appeared on the corner; probably to verify that she’s the leader of the team. “Then as her second in command, a boy with a lot of spunk and…a few quirks, but who is able to lift the spirits of his fellow comrades. Fin Wave!” Reggie could actually hear Fin screaming ‘YEAAAAH’ from the other side of the fair as his name was announced, something that openly made him laugh; though he could also hear Keith groaning from behind him.

“Then we have Darren Schifer and Jack Hart as our third and fourth member,” Brendan listed as the two’s pictures appeared. Reggie had pretty much predicted that his three friends would be picked, the three were very skilled and were already considered the strongest amongst the second years. “And Lastly we have our dream couple of Reggie Damon and Miko Sekai!”

Reggie’s eyes opened wide when he heard his name and Miko’s being mentioned. He had already figured out that he would probably be picked, but to actually hear it from Brendan, a Pokedex Holder and ex champion that he had been picked was still something amazing. He was going to be participating in the biggest non-professional and non-league tournament ever with his friends and girlfriend to boot.

“Luckily we were also given the chance to pick three substitutes, which I haven’t really picked yet but I will keep evaluating the students so that I can pick them at the end of the year,” Brendan explained as the pictures vanished. “As I said before, these 6 will be trained personally by the Enforcers so that they can be prepared for next year.”

“With that, I hope that you will all give them your support so that we can eventually win this event, now please resume with your normal activities and thank you for your time,” Brendan bowed his head politely as the screen lit off.

“Welp, that answers that,” Tyson sighed, almost as if he was being forced to do it. He looked at Reggie before patting his shoulder. “And guess who’s gonna be your mentor shorty,” he smirked.

“No way,” Reggie gulped shyly as he looked up at the face of his senior; who had now retreated his hand. “I really don’t think I should be the one being pic…”

“Hey hey hey!” Tyson exclaimed; now putting his arm around Reggie’s neck. “You were picked to represent the Charizard Flame dorm, so don’t go backing out on us. The principal picked you for a reason, so just accept it okay?” he exclaimed while frowning at Reggie, who just nodded his head slowly.

“Don’t be so rough on him just yet Tyson,” Keith interrupted, causing the red headed teenager to groan as he let go of Reggie. “Reggie Damon, I would request that you bring that…pest with you to the Castle’s outfield after classes are over,” he stated, his tone becoming more polite and methodical. “We will give you your first lesson.”

“Only us two?” Reggie raised an eyebrow.

“Jack Hart will be trained by Zephyr while Miko Sekai is going to be trained by Alexa and Angelo, I don’t think that Darren will be open to training just yet, so for now it’s just you two with us two.” Keith explained nonchalantly.

“Okay, I understand,” Reggie nodded his head. He knew that now that Brendan had given the Enforcers authorization he really had to respect them.

“Oh also while we train you guys you must refer to us as Master!” Tyson grinned concededly as he adjusted his neck.

“I agree with that motion,” Keith nodded his head in agreement.

“For a pair of seniors you two have your own immature side,” Reggie groaned in annoyance.

Finally the last bell rang, thus signaling the end of classes for the day. Students began to walk out of their classroom and the school building and quickly filled up the hallways of the castle. The subject of the Four Titans League was still at large, as well as the people that had been selected by Brendan.

A lot of gossip had been going around since the morning announcements, something that divided the school in a way. The majority of people agreed that Brendan’s choice was good as the people he picked were indeed strong, but a lot of people also believed that favoritism was also in place and weren’t too happy with all of the people that had been chosen.

“Don’t pay attention to gossip, they’re just jealous,” Fin frowned as he and Reggie walked through the crowd; who was practically splitting apart as they passed by, their eyes falling on them with curiosity and awe. “What matters is that we both got pick and that we get a chance to really show our stuff next year,” Fin smirked confidently while clenching his fist. “So for now all we gotta do is survive the Enforcer’s training and then we’re set.”

“Yeah I guess you have a point,” Reggie nodded his head quietly; still a bit unsure about the whole situation. He was glad that Fin was still trying to get him to forget his worries, and yet he still couldn’t push them aside on his own. “It’s still weird though. I mean I can understand you, Jack and Darren getting picked and Miko as well, but I’m a different case, I haven’t won a single battle since this year started…at least not a real battle.”

“There you go getting yourself down again after I went through the trouble of cheering you up,” Fin pouted his lips as he pocketed his hands and turned away. “Think what you want Reggie, but what’s done is done, you did something right if he picked you don’t you think?”

“More like Chigon did, we both know he picked me cause I’m the ‘School’s Hero’ or whatever,” Reggie argued, noticing that they were starting to leave behind the large crowds and were now entering the gardens at the back of the castle grounds. “I really do think it’s favoritism…at least partly.”

“Speaking of Chigon, shouldn’t you have gone to pick him up?” Fin asked while raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

“I don’t need to,” Reggie shook his head while smiling. He lifted his left arm into the air and proceeded to click his fingers.

Fin felt the wind around him speeding up and rushing towards him. He looked up into the air and was amazed by the sight of Chigon flying high above, it’s smiling face falling down upon the grass fields as it began to descend and spread its angelic wings wider. “He’s flying really high.”

“I’ve been working on Chigon’s flight distance lately, aside from that I told him that to make things easier he should just wait for me to get out of class,” Reggie explain, laughing as the dragon Pokemon landed upon his shoulder and began licking his face. “He was waiting outside the building the whole time.”

“That’s pretty handy actually,” Fin scratched the back of his head, still surprised by Chigon’s arrival.

“Chi!” Chigon cheered proudly before sticking its chest out and folding its wings back.

“Anyways, we should get moving before our ‘Masters’ get mad,” Fin groaned, his voice seeping with disdain and embarrassment as he uttered the word.

The two eventually arrived at a large white marble monument. The monument had the same shape as the academy’s shield. Reggie and Fin stared at the monument, their eyes falling upon Keith and Tyson who were sitting in front of it as the two seniors looked up at them.

“I see you’re courageous enough to come after all,” Tyson grinned while scratching his chin sheepishly.

“Please calm down Tyson, I think you’re overdoing it with your bad boy jokes,” Keith frowned at his friend before shifting his gaze towards Fin, who was still looking away from him in annoyance. “You don’t seem happy Fin Wave.”

“Shut up uptight pants, I don’t like you for the same reasons I don’t like your cousin,” Fin groaned, finally turning his head so that he could glare at Keith.

“Anyways, now that we’re here shouldn’t we get started with our training?” Reggie asked while raising his hand, though he didn’t really know how he should intervene considering how tensed the conversation had gotten. Tyson looked at him before smirking and nodding his head.

“Well yeah, we’ll start with your training, but your first lesson will be a bit different.” Tyson raised his index finger and proceeded to point towards both Reggie and Fin. “While we have seen what you two can do in battle before, the first thing we want you to do is to have a battle against each other.”

Reggie and Fin just stared at the two before gazing at each other. It’s not like they hadn’t battled each other before, but it was still sudden for the two Enforcers to suddenly decide that. “Not that I would mind…but why?” Fin asked while crossing his arms.

“Well we didn’t want to say this straight out,” Keith interrupted, his tone becoming colder and serious. “We spoke with the principal and we think that while he certainly made a good pick, we don’t think that we should just let you guys participate in the Four Titans League just like that.”

“So we decided that whoever wins this fight will participate in the FTL and the loser will…well, leave,” Tyson replied, his tone matching Keith perfectly; something that honestly shocked Reggie.

Reggie moved back in realization. He knew that Keith and Tyson didn’t think he was good enough to participate and this was their way of proving it. Part of him wanted to say it too, he knew that Fin would be a better asset in the tournament that he would and it’s not like there would be a problem from him not participating. “Well I…”

“Let’s do it,” Reggie looked at Fin from the corner of his eye, noticing that a smirk had materialized on his face. “Come on Reggie, it’s been a long time since we had a proper battle don’t you think.”

“Fin wait, I mean it’s not like we really have I’d be happy to step ba…”

“You were given the chance weren’t you!” Fin screamed, his foot stomping forward, and making Reggie step back even more. “Then stop cowering and fight for it, now I don’t care what you say but I’m going to come at you with everything I’ve got so you better be prepared.”

Reggie didn’t reply, instead he just smiled at his friend before nodding. He was still scared, but Fin was right in that he needed to prove that he was capable of participating in the tournament after all. “All right, then I will do the same,” Reggie smiled back.

“All right then!” Keith announced while throwing his right hand up. “This will be a three on three match, however, whoever is able to take down at least one of their opponent’ s Pokemon will be the winner.”

“All right, then, I’ll start with this!” Fin announced before throwing one of his pokeball into the grass. As the pokeball erupted with a bright beam of light his Floatzel materialized, the Pokemon stretching its arms and tails out as it landed.

“Okay then, you’re back in the game Chigon,” Reggie smiled at the little dragon as it stepped in front of Reggie. “Let’s win this battle.”

To be Continued…

Special Chapter: Walk of Shame

Valerie looked down at herself as she stood right in front of the door to Fin’s room, her eyes showing that she was clearly confused and embarrassed about her night with Fin. She had given to her urges and now she had to deal with walking out into the world.

“You know if you take longer it’s gonna suck more,” Fin commented from behind her, he rubbing the back of his head while looking away. While he had convinced Valerie the night before and had had his fun, he too felt somewhat weird after everything had happened. “We promised not to tell anyone right?”

“Yeah but it’s still hard, I mean what if someone asks?” Valerie turned her head around, her face distorting to show her concern and worry. “But I guess I really should get it over with shouldn’t I?”

With that the girl opened the door and proceeded to walk out into the empty hallways of the Gyarados Aqua dorm. She sighed with relief when she noticed that none of the boys were out yet and proceeded to make her way down. “I think I’m the clear for now,” Valerie cheered silently while smiling.

Valerie quickly made her way to the girl’s side of the dorm, she making sure to move as sneakily as possible. The girl panted with anxiety as she got closer to her own dorm room; feeling that she was finally going to make it home safely.

“Okay, now I can just go into my room and forget about this day,” Valerie beamed as she grabbed a hold of her door knob.

At that moment she felt a shill crawl up her spine when she heard the door on the other side open up. She became paralyzed as she turned her head half around to look at an already dressed up Claudia, who was now staring at Valerie with curious eyes. “Why are you still in your bikini?” the girl asked curiously.

“Uh…uhhh….morning swim,” Valerie chuckled nervously and began to slowly opening her door.

“Really cause…”

“I’ll see you in class, bye!” Valerie screamed before running into the room and slamming her door.

“…I was gonna ask her if she wanted me to help feed Swablu and Vulpix,” Claudia pointed out she cocking her head to the side in confusion.

End of Chapter 37
Next Time: Let’s Create a Battle Style

Chapter 38: Let’s Create a Battle Style

Reggie and Fin stared at each other, their Pokemon at the ready as he felt the wind blow onto his face; causing the cool feeling from the air to spread through his body. He hadn’t battled against Fin in a long time, and now he had to battle against him if he wanted to keep his place in the FTL; while also knowing that Fin would give his all too.

“Then I’ll start this off. Floatzel use Rain Dance!” Floatzel let out a long howl before firing a sphere of water into the sky from where it stood. Reggie stared at the sphere as it spread around and began to take the shape of dark clouds, only for water to start drizzling down on them.

“Not bad,” Tyson muttered, he scratching his chin and staring at the field intensely. “If he uses Rain Dance then Swift Swim will come into effect.”

Chigon whined as it stared up at the clouds before it turned back to Reggie. “Don’t worry Chigon, fly towards him and use Dragon’s Roar!” Reggie commanded. Dragon’s Roar was Chigon’s own signature move, and while it was the strongest move it had it would help give them a lead if it worked.

Chigon assumed a fighting stance on the field before it jetted forward; its fairly like wings coming out as it flew up into the air and the rain. The Pokemon opened its mouth as it let out a blast of glowing white energy down at Floatzel. “Totally saw this coming, dodge and start using Water Sport!”

Reggie gritted his teeth when he saw Floatzel swiftly avoid the blast, it then began to move around the field while firing multiple shots of water around it. “Chigon, return!” Reggie ordered, signaling for Chigon to fly back down into the ground next to him.

“Oh, switching so soon?” Fin snickered, clear confidence in his eyes. “You know you have to think a bit better if you wanna get ahead in this game right man?”

“Reggie doesn’t have much room for switching.” Keith whispered towards Tyson while staring at the Charizard Flame trainer. “Donphan, Fraxure and Monferno are all weak against Floatzel’s water or ice attacks. Azumarill is of the same typing and Pidgeot won’t be able to do much.”

Reggie wasn’t able to hear what Keith was saying but he too knew that he didn’t have much room for choosing when it came to his Pokemon. He could feel the rain falling on top of him as he passed his hand through each of the pokeballs that were on his waist. “Did you finally realize, against water type Pokemon your team is the weakest,” Fin smiled proudly.

“No, I still have hope,” Reggie frowned before pointing at the field once more. “Chigon, enter the field again!” Reggie exclaimed.

Fin was shocked by Reggie’s decision of sending Chigon back in, at least that was till he saw the crystal-like stone that he was carrying in his hand. “That’s a Crystal right? The thing that can make Chigon evolve.”

Reggie nodded his head silently. Unfortunately what Chigon evolved into with the Crystals was random, but if the Pokemon was able to evolve into Pangon it’s electric evolution or Rosegon it’s grass evolution then he was sure he’d have a shot. “Let’s go Chigon!” Reggie exclaimed as he held the Crystal in front of Chigon, causing the Pokemon to become surrounded by light and begin to change shape.

By the time the glowing seized the Pokemon had changed into a slender shaped dragon with green eyes. Its body was completely green and it had a long neck. Atop its head was a pink flower shaped helmet with a long green tail at the end. It also had vines wrapped all around its body as well as another flower on its back.

Reggie couldn’t help but beam when he saw Chigon evolving into Rosegon, and he also smiled when he noticed Fin’s discontent face. “All you have to do is have sex and you suddenly get lucky in every aspect,” Fin groaned.

“Rosegon use Vine Whip!” Reggie yelled, wasting no time in using the advantage that he had obtained. Rosegon chimed in before it charged towards Floatzel as vines began to pop out from its back and fly towards the water type. Floatzel gritted its teeth before it began to wave around through the water, it biting onto the vine and trying to pull it. As it did this though it was hit by the other vines; causing the Pokemon to wince in pain at the attack.

“Okay Rosegon, let’s keep hitting him hard with Leaf Storm!” Reggie ordered. Rosegon threw its heard forward as it fired a barrage of glowing green leafs at Floatzel.

Fin stared at the leafs as a grin crossed his face. “Aqua Jet straight to the center.”

Both of the seniors as well as Reggie gasped when they heard this order. This move would require Floatzel to move through the center of the attack swiftly, but if it failed it could cost him the battle. Floatzel complied nevertheless, its face showing that it trusted its trainer as it jumped forward and fired itself towards the storm. Its body surrounded itself with water before it flew straight at it.

Reggie gritted his teeth; begging for the move to fail, it was to no avail though as Floatzel was able to narrowly fly straight through the storm. “Rosegon stop it with…”

“Ice Fang!” Fin roared as Floatzel bit down onto Rosegon’s neck, its fangs turning into ice as the grass type Roared and had its neck frozen by the attack. “Now, Sonic Boom!” Floatzel wasted no time as it slammed its tails down on Rosegon, firing a powerful sound wave that sent the Pokemon flying back and rolling on the floor.

Reggie frowned. He thought that with Rosegon he would be able to defeat Fin, but now his strategy had come back to bite him. He stared at the grass/dragon type as it began to glow and return back to its original form of Chigon. “Phew, I’m glad I beat you actually,” Fin smiled proudly while putting his fist to his chest. “After losing the tournament last year I had to get my pride back.”

“You’re really strong…I’m sure you’ll be able to win in the FTL too,” Reggie nodded his head as he petted the defeated Chigon. He wasn’t confident in himself before but he still felt sorrow at knowing that he wasn’t going to get a chance to fight anymore, he wasn’t going to have a chance to prove himself.

He had learned something with the battle though, that sometimes he just had to take risks if he wanted to win, Fin had risked his chances with a move that could’ve clearly spelled his defeat but he was confident in both his and his Pokemon’s skills. “Well that was a good fight,” Tyson nodded his head as he walked towards Reggie. “And all we have to say is…psych,” the redhead smirked before patting a now confused Reggie’s shoulder.

“Wait what!?” Reggie gasped in disbelief. “You’re not saying that…the whole thing about being forbidden from going to the FTL was a lie right?” Reggie asked insecurely, his face still seeming shocked and confused.

“Yeah, it’s true that we lied,” Keith nodded his head as he walked towards his two juniors. “We did it so that you would both fight against each other serious, and because we wanted to see what you were made of.”

“Figures you’d have a hand in this,” Fin groaned as he glared at Keith. “I thought you had already seen what we were made of.”

“Yeah, but we wanted to see it from a different point,” Keith nodded his head before turning around. “Tyson, I’m sure you know what to do from now on. Fin, you come with me.”

“Why?” Fin groaned in annoyance.

“Just follow,” Keith glared at Fin as he kept walking away; causing his junior to eventually follow his pace.

Reggie turned around to look at Tyson, who was now scratching his chin while grinning at him. “Please don’t kill me,” he stuttered.

“Nah, I won’t….mostly,” Tyson smiled before he began to walk a bit farther away from Reggie. “All right, I think that from that last battle you were able to deduce that your team is weak against water types…and I mean completely weak,” Tyson stated harshly as he put his hands on his hips. “Right now we can’t do much about it but to have you catch an electric or grass type, but you can do that during your free time.”

“You know I’m still processing the fact that I’m not getting kicked out, so please talk slowly,” Reggie frowned at Tyson; though this just earned him a glare from his tutor. “I’m sorry…” he winced.

“Anyways, what I did notice is that you still seem to have some trouble in regards to using your Pokemon,” Tyson explained, keeping his index finger and thumb stuck onto his chin. “While it is true that you had a disadvantage that doesn’t mean that you can’t win, at least it doesn’t if you know how to use your Pokemon.”

“You mean how you were able to fight against Fin’s Gyarados with an Infernape before?” Reggie raised an eyebrow.

“Exactly,” Tyson pointed out while holding his hand out towards Reggie. “If you know what your Pokemon’s abilities are and how to use them to their full potential then you can defeat anyone.”

“But didn’t you switch in that battle in the end?”

“…who is the tutor here?” Tyson stated bitterly as he put his hands onto his waist.

“…right,” Reggie looked away as he groaned begrudgingly. “I do know what attacks my Pokemon can use.”

“It isn’t just about using their attacks!” Tyson scolded. “Listen, when you battle it’s as if you’re just calling the attacks cause you know they can hurt your opponent. Look at Fin, he prepared the field first and foremost as a way to completely weaken your team before he went to the offensive.’ He explained sagely as he pocketed his hands. “Aside from that he knew what his Floatzel’s abilities were, andk new that he was fast enough to fly through that Leaf Storm.”

Reggie processed everything that Tyson was saying and couldn’t help but agree with him. He was still trying to learn more about his Pokemon and how to battle, but he didn’t know of what they were completely capable of nor was he aware of their abilities. “Now, you’ve had your moments, like that battle we had where you used that combo attack, it was pretty good and it took advantage of your Monferno’s strength and speed. On that end your Donphan also has what it takes to be powerful, since I assume it has Sturdy, so that allows it to take a lot of hits,” he looked at Reggie for a moment, as if scanning him. “So for the next couple of weeks your training will consist of learning about your Pokemon and creating your own battle style.”

“My battle style…”

“I think you’ve noticed by now, but a lot of trainers have specific battle styles that they stick by, it’s become more common in the last few years though,” Tyson nodded his head slowly before smiling. “A battle style has to be something suited for you and something that only you can deal with…now, I noticed that you actually like to use combos and consecutive attacks.”

“I find them interesting, plus I really like to see what can come out of combining two moves together,” Reggie replied, feeling a bit more at ease now that Tyson was speaking to him normally. Part of him was also happy that he would be getting help in regards to creating a his own style, since he didn’t know what he should do before.

“Okay then, for you that would mean you’d have to know your Pokemon’s attacks and their abilities well enough so as to create good combos,” Tyson smirked, he seemed determined to really work with Reggie now. “I think that we can accomplish something here…if you work hard enough.”

Reggie nodded his head slowly, still a bit unsure. However, he was also happy that he got a chance to participate in the FTL after all and was determined to try and get stronger. “All right then, we’ll start with Donphan and Azumarill!”

“All right!” Reggie nodded his head before he proceeded to send out both of his Pokemon.

“All right so the route to becoming a good strategist is simple,” Zephyr was sitting in front of Jack now, she staring straight towards him. The two were standing inside of a large game room, filled with different video games and arcade games for people to play. At the moment the room was empty though, as it had been reserved for the two.

“Before you continue, can I ask why we are inside of a game room?” Jack raised a hand while groaning. “I don’t see how this could be important.”

“You’ve got a problem with listening huh?” Zephyr asked curiously. She began to roll around the room, issuing for Jack to follow as they passed through different types of games. “A strategist’s biggest asset is experience in dealing with different situations. For a trainer that relies on strategies like you, being prepared is the most important thing.”

Zephyr stopped for a moment and was now standing in between two of the arcade games. The first was a game board with two chairs of each side of the table. There were multiple rows on the table, each one square shaped and big enough to fit a card in.

Jack looked at the other one though. It was a large screen like game with the name ‘Battle VS.’ on top. In front of the screen were two pedestal-like keyboards along with a pair of black visors atop of each keyboard. The screen too was large enough to surround the two keyboards.

“Of course you can’t gather experience from fighting against students, there is a limit to how many Pokemon and how many combinations of moves you can face off against in those types of situations,” Zephyr explained as she walked over to the large board. “Are you a gamer Jack?”

“No…I’m not, I don’t really have much experience with games,” Jack shook his head as he adjusted his glasses.

“Why do you adjust your glasses so much by the way?” Zephyr asked boldly, causing Jack to step back in shock at the sudden question. “It’s weird.”

“I…I just…do,” Jack turned away, his face blushing in embarrassment at the fact that Zephyr had picked up his quirk.

“Anyway, if you’re not used to games then you’ll get used to it with me,” Zephyr smiled, her face showing a relaxed smile. “I’ll get you a basic deck of Pokemon Cards and we’ll use this board to play with the cards…”

“How is that gonna help?” Jack raised his hand, he staring emotionlessly at Zephyr. “I’m thankful you’re trying to help, and I do want to learn since you defeated me before, but I don’t see how playing games is going to help in an actual battle, it doesn’t affect how the trainer you’re fighting is going to act since you don’t know their style or anything.”

“You’re very disrespectful, though we are on the same grade so I guess I can’t pull the senior and junior card,” Zephyr sighed with exasperation. “You’re right, but this’ll be good practice, and true, you might not know what they’ll do but you’ll at least know what the Pokemon they use can do and can make strategies based on that and what he does.”

Jack just stared at Zephyr while she talked, feeling a bit more embarrassed about disrespecting her. Part of him still felt sore for losing to her, and by something that he considered a simple mistake, mostly because he just didn’t think that he deserved to be treated like he actually had something to learned, he had survived many battles on his own and he didn’t need anyone else’s help.

Regardless of that he still decided that it would be best to trust Zephyr, she had defeated him and he figured that getting better wouldn’t hurt. “All right then, you’ll have to teach me cause cards isn’t my forte.”

“I will, don’t worry,” Zephyr smiled. “But anyways, card games are actually very reliant on strategies, there are a lot of students in this academy that aren’t good trainers but are good with cards, so that’s another way of seeing possible styles that might come up during an actual battle,” Zephyr noted as she leaned against her seat. “The same goes for Battle VS. a battle simulation game where you can either play against the COMP which will use a random team and style of battling, or you can play against another player.”

“You really did think through with this huh?” Jack raised an eyebrow, though he had to admit he was actually a bit amazed by what these games could do. “I guess you’re right, this opens room for a lot of other possible battles, not just physical battles.”

“I’m glad you can see that,” Zephyr smiled, she was glad that she had been able to break through Jack’s hesitation. “Okay then, we won’t start with Battle VS. just yet, I booked this room for the rest of the week so I’ll be spending the week teaching you about the card game and how to play properly.”

“I guess that sounds like a plan,” Jack said while scratching the back of his head. He didn’t have much to say but agree with her.

“That’ll be it for today, I’d rather not keep you for too long,” Zephyr nodded her head before she began to roll back towards the entrance. “Just remember…a strategist should never think of himself as the best.”

“Thank you for your time,” Jack bowed his head politely. He pondered on her words, comparing them to the thoughts that he had had merely a few minutes before.

As he walked out of the game room and into the hallway Jack began to look around, noticing that he was the only one standing there. This gave him some chance to think as he walked through the hallway, remembering how shocked he had been when the announcement for the FTL had been made and when he had been picked.

While he was confident on his skills he was shocked that they had picked him even after he had lost to Zephyr during the CBR. Now he was going to be competing there next year alongside his friends, and he knew that he had a lot of catching up to do if he wanted to be able to stand alongside them like he had done the year before.

“I’m not gonna just sit around on my ass anymore,” Jack frowned as he walked out of the hallway and into the main lobby of floor 3 where the elevators were.

As Jack walked out of the castle he noticed that the sun was finally beginning to set. There weren’t that many people left on campus as most people had already left, leaving the events of the day behind them. “So you’re done with your training?” Jack heard Marie’s voice from behind him and proceeded to turn around; coming in contact with the girl as she smiled at him.

Marie was standing alongside Valerie and Claudia, who were waving at him. “Did Zephyr push you to the edge?” Valerie asked playfully as the three girls walked towards him.

“She has a strange method of training I tell you that,” Jack chuckled a bit, his eyes darting straight towards Marie as the events of the night before came back to him. He still felt a bit nervous about his feelings for Marie. “But I think I can handle it,” Jack turned away so as to hide his blush as he tried to show that he was confident in his word.

“Well….” Valerie looked at Marie, noticing that she had become quiet since they started to talk with Jack. She also noticed that Jack too seemed to be a bit uneasy. A mischievous grin crossed her face for a moment before she stretched back. “How about we go to our dorms Claudia?” she smiled.

“But weren’t we gonna eat with Ma…”

“She can deal,” Valerie patted the girl’s shoulder before she began to lead her away. “Don’t worry Marie, I’ll save you some food, just have fun,” she winked at her as she walked away with Claudia.

“That girl can be annoying sometimes,” Jack groaned in annoyance; knowing that Valerie was trying to play around with him and Marie.

“I guess she can be, though she’s fun to be around with,” Marie chuckled, feeling a bit more at ease after hearing Jack’s comment. “Um…so,” she looked down at the floor while blushing slightly. “I hope you don’t feel too bad with being trained by Zephyr after what happened.”

“No it’s okay,” Jack shook his head. “It’s a bit tough, I still feel sore for losing but I guess I just have to deal with him.”

“Still it’s so cool how you guys get to participate though,” Marie beamed as she began to walk a bit ahead of Jack and turn around so as to look at him. “I mean, this whole tournament seems out of this world, you get to compete against other trainers from other academies and they’re all future big shots too,” Marie pointed out, a certain dream-like gleam coming from her eyes as she looked up. “I wish I could participate though, I didn’t get a chance to show my skills during the CBR.”

“Well there’s still three more spots, maybe you’ll get one of them,” Jack said as he tried to encourage her.

“Thanks, I’ll really be happy if I got a chance to fight alongside you guys…and you,” Marie looked down at the floor, her blush returning to her face. “I wish I could really pull my weight, that way next time I’ll be the one fighting for your honor.”

Jack just smiled at her as he walked closer towards her and pocketed his hands. “I’m sure you can, you’ve got the spunk for it that’s for sure,” he grinned playfully and now stood in front of her, the sun casting a shadow over them. “Though you see I probably wouldn’t have been too mad if I hadn’t been picked.”

“Eh? Why not?” Marie asked a bit shocked at Jack’s statement. She always thought that he was the type of guy that wanted to be recognized and prove himself, so it was surprising to hear that coming from him.

“Well you see…” Jack was about to speak as he felt a lump forming in his throat. Part of him wanted to just say something to get the sentence done with, but another part wanted to finally deal with all the feelings he had. He looked at Marie, his eyes looking straight at hers. “Cause that means I could get to still be with you at the gardening club, I have a lot of fun with you and I’ve learned a lot…plus you’re a great girl and a great person.”

Marie stepped back a bit, her face blushing a bright red when she heard his words. She stuttered a bit, but Jack stopped her from talking with his next statement. “I like you Marie,” Jack state, his voice sounding determined and confident as he stared at the girl.

Marie didn’t respond, staying quiet for a second before she smiled at him. She walked towards him and leaned forward; planting a soft kiss on his cheek and causing the boy to blush. “Took ya long enough,” she giggled. “But I like you too Jack.”

Special Chapter: In the Teacher’s Lounge

Earlier that afternoon…

Stacy Lewis made her way into the teacher’s lounge, she sighing with exasperation as she contemplated the end of the day. After the principal’s sudden declaration in front of the whole school she had had to deal with her students becoming distracted and talk only about the FTL or whatever it was.

It’s not like she didn’t think it was a cool event, but they were still at a school and even though it was fun class was still not the place to talk about that, or at least not her class since she already tried a lot to keep her students down. She walked inside of the teacher’s lounge, a large square shaped space with a long wooden table in the center for teacher’s to sit in.

There was a counter on the right corner of the room with a coffee machine, a microwave oven, a water tank and multiple rows of shelves.

Right now Freed was the only person in the room. He was just sitting into the table and putting down a cup of tea when he saw Stacy walk in. “Oh, good afternoon Stace, you seem tired,” Freed chuckled as he looked at the teacher.

“I am tired,” Stacy sighed once more as she smiled at him and closed the door. “Our principal’s announcement sure pumped the kids up for this tournament, it’s funny how we just got out of one and he starts another one.” She said as she walked towards the shelves.

“Well he like sot keep the students on their feet,” Freed nodded his head as he sipped from his cup of tea slightly, noticing that she was rummaging through the shelves.

“Yeah but I still feel like sometimes I’m the odd one out here you know,” Stac y groaned, partly at her situation and partly at the fact that she couldn’t find what she was looking for. “Everyone else seems to be so different and I’m…just out of place in some way, I feel like I think differently.”

“No…you’re just a normal person in an abnormal place,” Freed explained calmly as he put his cup down once more. “You shouldn’t worry about sticking out, in fact, maybe sticking out is what suits you, you bring a new perspective to things after all.”

“You really think so?” Stacy smiled her long blue hair moving around as she turned towards Freed, who just smiled back at her. “Well, I do have a great fashion sense after all,” she flicked her hair proudly.

“You certainly have that right.” Freed laughed as he leaned against his chair. “Are you looking for some tea?”

“Earl Gray,” Stacy replied simply before closing the final shelf that she had been checking up. “There’s only milk tea and oolong tea left.”

“Actually, I think I brewed the last one,” Freed pointed out as he looked down at his cup of tea.

“Aaaaaw you’re so lucky…I guess I’ll have to settle,’ Stacy scratched the back of her head before grabbing some of the milk tea bags.

At that moment she felt Freed stand up from where he was sitting, causing her to jolt at the sudden movement. “Oh crap, I forgot that I had to go help Lisa with her book club duties today,” Freed sighed before he began walking towards the door.

“Oh…well bye,” she said noticing that he had now opened the door.

“Yeah, see you later Stace,” Freed said while smiling as he walked out. It was here that Stacy noticed the cup of tea that was still letting out steam. She looked at the door that Freed had now closed as she walked over and grabbed the cup.

“He forgot this…” she looked down at the tea, a soft smile crossing her face as she sipped the tea. She smiled widely at the feeling of the warm taste of the tea as it washed down before sighing softly. “…it’s good,” she said as a soft blush crossed her face.

End of Chapter 38
Next Time: The Boys’ Valentines Day Escapade

The something else

2028im. Initium Monstrum

The Beginning of Monsters

2028 years since The Legendary War, which saw the world change around it and the elimination of those who could not adapt. The day Monsters fell from the skies, otherwise born from the life that once came before it, and quickly altered the world around them with their mere presence. Those species that could not adapt soon found itself unable to cope with the change, becoming another footnote in the history of the planet. Amongst those that refuted the change included the ridged Humanity, hidden behind their walls of concrete and metal: they fought the change, as they had always done, and fought until the last. What was known of Humanity, of the world as it had been, came to an end.

The end is merely another beginning.

Pockets of survivors gathered, asserting themselves into their social orders to rebuild their world, accepting the changes and surviving the upheaval their stubborn brethren did not. That was the way of Man, to adapt to the world instead of rendering it to their whim, becoming stagnant in their daily lives because of that control. Man quickly rebuilt, learning techniques that had it left behind centuries before and carving out their own niche to grow and to learn. They adapted to the new monsters that replaced the natural populations that came before, and soon became unlikely allies in their instinctual quest for survival.

This is merely another story, nestled amongst countless others that it should never encounter.

UnicrossLogo_zps539c6ef4.png

“Hey there, remember me?”

Yep, this is Unicross a special project being worked on by Instrutilus where my academy fic will have a crossover with his own story, his character, AD had already had an important role in Dragon's Roar and this crossover is a way to sort of remember that with a more large scale story.

Last edited:
This place seems oddly quiet considering there's two more chapters up.

Ah well, regardless, good work Flaze, I look forward to seeing the Valentine Escapades :L

Quite an interesting plot you're building up to, Flaze. The Four Titans League sounds like it's going to be epic tournament with everyone involved. I also liked that you've turned the Enforcers from antagonist to now supporting characters after the previous arc, though it would seem Kevin, who is no longer part of the group, is still bitter about Reggie after their fight. We'll see what role he'll have in the future.

Fin is still Fin, although he was on the defensive regarding Valerie, even if he didn't reveal anything and is rather uncharacteristic of him. I'm curious to see how this is going to develop.

I'm quite happy to see Chigon back in action and with his unique ability to boot, even though he lost the battle. It has been a very long time since we last saw him in battle, so I'm glad to see that Reggie was using him again. I'm also interested to see how Reggie is going to develop as a Pokémon trainer, now that he's training to find his own unique style of battling. And I agree with Tyson here, Reggie does have a knack for combining moves.

Speaking of the battle, it was well detailed and I could easily see it in my mind. I was a bit surprised to see Chigon lose, considering how powerful he can be. But as Tyson mentioned, it was largely because of Fin thinking ahead and his High-Risk-High-Reward strategy working.

As mentioned before, I like the way you switched the Enforcers from antagonist to supporting characters, but also their new roles as mentors for our characters. It's going to be interesting to see how they will fill in that roles to everyone.

As for Jack and Marie, about time ;)

Anyway, I enjoyed reading the two chapters. Keep up the good work.

ALL THE SHIPPING!

I loved all the great character development you've got going on here. I was reading some of the early chapters of Dragon's Roar the other day and it's kind of fun to see how much everyone's grown. l also like how the Enforcers seem like they're going to be a bit less antagonistic (also, seeing Kevin taken down a notch is immensely satisfying). You've been hinting at this FTL tournament thing since the epilogue of Dragon's Roar, but now it seems like it might not even show up yet. I'm assuming it will be in the sequel? But then how are you going to wind up this fic? Hmmm... only time will tell. Exciting stuff one way or another. I really apologize about not really reviewing as much as I used to. I still read and enjoy everything you write, so keep it up!

Nitpick: When you do ellipses, there's supposed to be a space after them.

“Wha…no..nothing happened…nothing at all,” he stuttered as his eyes turned away from Fin nervously; his body even shaking as he spoke.

Should be

“Wha… no... nothing happened… nothing at all,” he stuttered as his eyes turned away from Fin nervously; his body even shaking as he spoke.

You had a lot of ellipses there in the beginning so it kind of popped out.

OMG Indirect Freed and Stacy kiss!!!

Anyways:

I don't know if anyone else pointed these out or not but I feel its important.

Don't forget events that happened in the first year. There is a lack of reference to it or things that should play a role in this fic. For example: Valerie had an obvious crush on Darren in the first year, however now she doesn't act that way at all. How come Reggie doesn't use the sword?

Character Ages and histories: I noticed this with the sex stuff. Don't forget your character's ages, also consider their histories. Reggie in the first year was a virgin, and I assume he stayed like that until Miko took it. You have to consider her too though. I hope you already know this, but when a girl has sex for the first time it hurts. Implications of Miko's relationship history or even better, stating it would have been nice. Darren talked about Reggie getting laid before it happened, which implied them knowing her history possibly, but not the readers. Valerie is the same, it wasn't even known that she had dated anyone either.

Careful of your wording-you had Zephyr literally walk at one point. Also you have characters stutter but don't show it. You should do more like this: "I-I l-love you, Darren," Midori stuttered out her confession. Show the stutter don't just say it because then we don't know what was stuttered.

I think that's it that I can think of right now. I'll probably yell at you later if I find more. Can't wait for the next chapter

@Flaze;

It is a bit late, but here is a summary of my views from the last Awards round:

There is not a lot different I can say from last time, as there had not been many chapters inbetween judging periods. The story still seems fine and enjoyable, but it did come across that there were quite a few battles going on in this particular block that dragged the story along a bit. I really would recommend decreasing those and maybe focusing on character and plot development more-so; I know battles can do this, but maybe see what other ways you can try and if they will work as well.

In terms of characters as I did not focus on those last time, Reggie seems like your standard hero in this types of stories, and I do not really have an issue with him but I am not entirely certain what his final goals are or where he will end up when the story ends. As for Darren, he was good and had quite a few memorable scenes near the start, but not a lot in the most recent chapters, and I think this is an issue for your story in that, while it is a school story, there are quite a few supporting characters that drag things down a bit and are rather interchangeable. I would recommend something Harry Potter like, where you have your three main characters and then their other friends who only pop up occasionally. I think the story is going well, but I feel for something at this length there should be more of an idea of how things will end, and while I will keep reading and enjoying, I think you should start looking into how the story is going to end.

Jesus I fell behind on this.

Well, I just finished the Castelia City arc. I really felt like the actiony bits dragged on too much, but the little character moments were great, especially Reggie and Valerie bonding. Wasn't expecting Fin and Skyla there.

Overall, though, if Memento Mori ends up being as big a plot point as it looks to be, that's definitely not a bad way to do it.

@AetherX; @Druddigon; @Heartz; @Instrutilus; @Soulmaster; @Tophat Dragoneye; @The Jingster; @System Error; @Midorikawa; @Warrior of Fire;

All right after such a long time (three months) I finally have two new chapters....I originally wanted to just post one but things got a bit out of hand so yeah, I sweaaaaaaar that it's just gonna be one chapter at a time for this, hopefully this year I can regain a normal schedule...like th eone I had two years ago. Anyways if any of you would like to be taken out of the mention list then just tell me.

As for @AceTrainer14; 's review which did intrigue me. The battles were actually something I was building up to, they were part of the plot itself, though it did take me a little while to write them down. Also in regards to the characters...yeah I do have a lot, but doing it like HP wouldn't work either because each of the characters is important in their own way, it's true that none of the characters shine brightly above the others but I do want them all to at least shine equally.

CHAPTER 39

Chapter 39: The Boy’s Valentine’s Day Escapade

February 13th 2019

Elemental Academy had many restaurants and fast food places to eat inside of its facilities and this brought a lot of variety for the students. Not everything was inside though.

Not too far from the academy’s castle was a small diner-like building known as the Pizza Element. A short path of pebbles led towards it and broke through the dense forest, allowing people to walk from the castle to the diner by just following that path.

Miko smiled happily as she took a slice of the large bacon pizza that stood in front of her, leaning back on her seat when she felt the flavor wash through her mouth before sitting straight once more. “This pizza’s really good, Reggie’s sure gotten a lot better huh?” she smiled as she turned towards Matthew who was busy cleaning the table next to her, a tray filled with plates next to him.

The blond boy smiled back at her. “Yeah, he’s gotten a lot better in the kitchen since Basil started helping him out. I’ve gotten better at waiting tables too!” he cheered before chuckling shyly, as if he had realized that his attempts to make himself looked better had failed.

“I noticed. Good work,” Miko grinned, deciding that it was best to let Matthew have his fun too. “Though I didn’t actually know Basil came to help out here, I mean with him being part of the cooking club and all,” she noted with curiosity as she took the last spoonful of her plate.

“The cooking club is in charge of helping out all of the restaurants and other places to eat in the academy,” Matthew pointed out before grabbing the plate Miko had been eating from and putting it on the tray. “So he sometimes comes in and teaches Reggie how to cook.”

“That explains why his meatloaf isn’t as rocky anymore,” Miko laughed. “By the way, if he asks you, tell him that I said it was awesome before and now,” she giggled innocently while Matthew tried to hold a chuckle in. “So can you call him over?” she asked politely. “I wanna give my thanks to the chef.”

“Sure thing,” Matthew nodded his head before walking off towards the kitchen. “Hey Reggie, Miko wants to speak to you!”

“Good timing, the boss just let me off too,” came Reggie’s voice as he walked out from the kitchen and waved at Miko. He was wearing a white colored shirt with a couple of stains on it, mostly likely from food that had spilled as well as a couple of jeans. “Oh, he says that when you’re done cleaning the tables you can leave too,” he said while turning towards his coworker.

“Good, I was starting to get bored. Anyways, have fun.”

With that Reggie walked towards Miko as his girlfriend stood up from her seat and walked over to him. “You look like you had a tough afternoon,” Miko pointed out as she stared at his shirt.

“I’m still a bit clumsy, hopefully the curry was good though,” Reggie laughed with embarrassment. His laughter was cut short though when he felt Miko slowly pecking him on the lips, causing the boy to blush. “Uh…thanks,” he replied shyly.

Miko just giggled before she grinned slyly at him. “Isn’t it common courtesy to kiss the cook though?”

“G-guess i-it is!” Reggie stuttered before grabbing Miko’s hand and looking up at her. “Shall we go?”

The two walked out of the diner, with Reggie covering his eyes as the sun shone down on him. “So…You seem to have adapted to working after so long?”

“Yeah, with everything that happened I didn’t have to, but it actually feels kind of nice when I think about it,” Reggie replied calmly. “I’ve learned a lot too.”

“So I guess being back to daily life isn’t that bad huh?” Miko teased before poking his nose.

“No, I’d actually say daily life is a lot better now,” Reggie smiled back at her as he tightened his grip on her hand, causing the girl to kiss him on the cheek.

“Oh, do you remember what day it is tomorrow?” Miko asked expectantly, though her expectations died when she saw Reggie’s face becoming completely clueless, clearly showing he was trying to think about it.

“…Friday?” Reggie replied after a short pause, causing Miko to frown at him. “Are you frowning cause it reminded you of that awful song you hate, cause I already said I’m sorry for playing it the other day.”

“Well that and the fact that you forgot tomorrow is Valentine’s Day,” Miko pointed out bitterly as she glared at him.

“Oh…right…Valentine’s. I didn’t forget I swear,” Reggie laughed nervously, only for him to groan when he felt Miko’s grip tightening a bit more.

“Nah I’m just kidding with you,” Miko shrugged before letting go of his hand. She put her hands behind her back and turned around. “I don’t really care much about Valentine’s; I’ve just never gone through one with a boyfriend so I was…well kind of hoping that you had something planned.”

“To be honest, I don’t,” Reggie replied bluntly, hoping that his answer wouldn’t awaken Miko’s rage. “But I promise that I’ll think of something for tomorrow okay?”

“Good,” Miko smirked at him, making him realize that he had fallen right in her trap. “Then I’ll be waiting, but for now, how about we go watch a movie.”

“By the way, please remember not to tell anyone I like that song,” Reggie said quietly.

“Oh….then I wouldn’t talk to Valerie, Marie or Fin…or anyone in the club.”

“Of course,” Reggie sighed.

Stacy sighed with boredom as she rested her head on her desk, staring out the window at the already setting sun. After another tough day of work she had finally cleared up her classroom and was ready to leave, but there was something bugging her.

“Tomorrow’s Valentine’s Day and I have no date,” Stacy frowned as she crossed her arms on the table. “Worse part about living on an Island school, my choice of guys is limited,” she groaned as she looked up at the roof. “Though…I guess there is one I want to be asked out b-“

“Busy?” The sound of the door being knocked and of Freed’s voice caused Stacy to quickly sit back up and turn to him, trying her best to act like she wasn’t slacking off.

“Oh Freed, so nice to see you!” Stacy chuckled as she desperately tried to regain her composure. “I was just about to head out.”

“Oh then I’m just in time,” Freed nodded his head before walking into the office. “You know how tomorrow is Valentine’s Day right?” he asked as he pocketed his hands and looked at Stacy, causing the woman to blush.

“Ye…well…you know I actually forgot I mean, I don’t usually keep up with the dates and all,” she said as she tried to look away from Freed in an attempt to keep up her act. “But yeah, it is now that I think about it.”

“Well I was thinking since neither of us are doing anything, maybe we could go eat something,” Freed suggested calmly, finally being able to look at Stacy’s face once she turned back to look at him.

“Like a date you mean?” she asked, making Freed step back in shock as he passed his hand through the back of his head.

“Well I mean, we’re co-workers I wouldn’t really call it a date…but you know, friends hanging out and stuff,” Freed replied quickly, now being the one to lose his composure.

“Oh well, yeah I don’t mind,” Stacy nodded her head. She was trying to keep it to herself but inside she was celebrating. Even if Freed didn’t recognize it as a date she was glad that she had gotten a chance at all. “We’ll meet at the entrance to the castle then, I heard it’s going to be open till late.”

February 14th 2019

Valentine’s Day had finally arrived and love was in the air as classes went on as usual. Fin stared at the board with boredom as he listened to Freed reading a poem in Literature, causing him to try his best so as to not fall asleep. “I hate these new semester classes,” he groaned in annoyance.

His eyes turned towards a group of girls two rows ahead from him, noticing that they were talking about their plans for Valentine’s and their dates and such, well at least that’s what he thought they were talking about. His mind began to wander a bit. It was true that he didn’t have someone that he wanted to give a Valentine’s present to, and yet there was this feeling that told him he did.

He leaned back on his chair as he thought back to the night that he had shared with Valerie. At first he hadn’t cared much, it wasn’t the first time that he had slept with a girl obviously, but it was still different and after a while he actually started feeling…uneasy.

He hadn’t spoken to Valerie properly since then, and every time he saw her he couldn’t help but think about it. His eyes finally opened completely when this thought crossed his mind, was he actually falling for Valerie?

“Naaaaaah,” Fin chuckled to himself, only to feel a tap on his shoulder.

He turned towards his right and came into view with Reggie, who was in turn waving at him. “Um, I wanted to ask you for help with something.”

“Sure, what is it?” Fin asked curiously while putting his hands behind his head. “Wanna learn how to get better music tastes?”

“….shut up,” Reggie frowned at his best friend before continuing to speak. “Anyways, yesterday I promised Miko that I was going to plan something for today but, well, I don’t know what to do,” he sighed in defeat.

“Poor Reggie, so clueless to the ways of love,” Fin smirked slyly as he turned away from his friend. “But fine, I will give you my advice. It’s actually quite simple, I would buy her flowers or chocolate for starters.”

“Okay so flowers and chocolate…then what?” Reggie asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, I don’t have much experience with what comes later,” Fin laughed nervously while ruffling the back of his head. “I usually just wing it, but I don’t think that’ll work in this case.”

“So you’re technically useless,” Reggie groaned.

“Shut up Friday,” Fin argued, causing Reggie to turn away from him in annoyance. “Oh did you hear that Jack started dating Marie? About fucking time right?”

“I think Jack is probably as stumped as I am,” Reggie sighed.

“I don’t know, he did get your sloppy seconds lip-wise, just tell him what you did to get her to kiss you last year and that should work,” Fin shrugged, though getting another frown from Reggie was enough to make him stay quiet.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your wonderful chat,” both of the teenagers shifted towards the front of the classroom, only to see Freed holding his book and staring at the two with an expression that showed he was clearly not amused. “But please stay quiet so that the rest of the class can pay attention.”

“Oh we could ask Keith and Tyson about it after class,” Fin whispered towards Reggie, still staring at Freed in case he turned to scold them again. “They should know.”

Valerie walked out of her Geometry class, rubbing her head as she tried to cram everything that she had listened to earlier. She noticed that there was a large crowd of people gathering around a table in front of the elevators though, making her have to turn back around slowly. “Wow, I don’t remember Valentine’s being this active last year,” Valerie pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

As she made her way back she collided against a boy, her shoulder clashing with his as she stepped back. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bump into you,” the boy replied with an embarrassed tone as Valerie finally got a chance to look at him better.

He was wearing the Pikachu Thunder dorm uniform with the neck raised. He was wearing a black colored turtle neck sweater under the jacket along with an R shaped pendant around his neck. He had ruffled brown colored hair that went down to his neck and matched well with his slightly tanned skin and amber colored eyes.

Valerie stared at him for a moment, staring at him for a second as a small blush appeared on her face, only for her to shake it off. “No it’s okay, I was just trying to get away from the mob.”

“Oh yeah, people really love those chocolates don’t they?” The boy pointed out in amazement as he looked at the large crowd.

“Chocolates?” Valerie raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

“Olive from the cooking club is known for making really great chocolates,” the boy explained as he pointed to the crowd. “I heard they were featured in a magazine. She learned to cook from the Spice brothers of Striaton but even they can’t compare to her chocolates, at least that’s what I heard.”

“You sure know a lot huh?” Valerie grinned towards him. “Who are you anyway?”

“My name is Rafael Jimenez,” Rafael smiled confidently before pointing at himself with him thumb. “I’m not really that famous, at least not as much as you and the rest of your friends, but I pride myself in my ability to get information,” he nodded his head proudly before looking back at Valerie.

“I’m sorry but I think you got the wrong memo. I’m the best when it comes to getting information,” Valerie pointed out with a smirk.

“So I’ve heard, and that’s why I wanted to talk to you actually,” Rafael put his hand inside of his pocket before taking out a small card from his pocket. “Would you like to be my valentine for tonight?” he asked calmly as Valerie stared at the card in shock. She was pretty surprised that someone would ask her out as she hadn’t expected to get a valentine for the day.

Her mind went back to her night with Fin, something that she still felt ashamed of, mostly at how impatient and desperate she had been. She frowned for a bit before recovering her usual smile and looking at Rafael. “Well, this is a bit of a surprise but I would love to,” she nodded her head softly.

“Awesome,” Rafael cheered as he stepped back. “The place we’ll be going is on the back of the card, I’ll pick you up at nine, eat a small dinner okay,” he said as he turned around and began walking away, a smile still showing clear on his face as Valerie stayed at his back in amusement.

Once classes had ended Fin and Reggie proceeded to make their way towards the training field. The two had decided that they would ask Keith and Tyson for advice during training, figuring that they would have something useful to say since they were older.

“You guys are late,” Tyson groaned as soon as he saw the two of them. “Next time we’ll make you run into the forest.”

“Maybe you’re just a bit too impatient Tyson,” Keith pointed out calmly as he looked at Reggie and Fin. He noticed that they seemed to be a bit uneasy, as if they were trying to get something off their chest but couldn’t. “Is there something wrong?”

“Yeah spill it out before we lose more time,” Tyson added forcibly, staring down at Reggie and Fin as the two finally mustered the courage to make their question.

“Do you guys know of ways to impress a girl during Valentine’s?” Reggie asked, though a bit insecurely. His question actually made Tyson and Keith look at each other in surprise, apparently taken aback by the question.

“Does that even relate to training in anyway?” Keith asked with confusion.

“Oh I get it~” Tyson chimed in, gaining a smug expression as he walked over to Reggie and ruffled his hair. “Little Reggie here doesn’t know what to do for his girlfriend on Valentine’s and he wants some advice,” he teased, making the boy blush in embarrassment before swatting Tyson’s hand away.

“Well yeah, but since you guys can’t even score dates I guess we were just stupid!” Fin yelled as he glared at Keith and Tyson. “I mean you’re both battle nuts, it was just futile in the end, even though you’re both popular with the ladies.”

“I don’t really care about dating or anything like that, nor do I feel like I’m obligated to care,” Keith shrugged as he crossed his arms.

“I’m gay,” Tyson stated simply.

“…”

Reggie and Fin blinked twice, registering what Tyson had said before replying. “You’re what now?” Reggie asked

“I think he means he’s happy,” Fin whispered towards Reggie, only to shake his head and finally turn back to the red head. “Wait you’re gay? You don’t strike me as…you know…”

“What? You don’t think I can be gay?” Tyson glared at Fin, making the Blastoise Aqua step back in shock and fear.

“No I mean…it’s just…Reggie help me out here m-man,” Fin stuttered, actually sounding nervous and worried about his response as he turned to his best friend.

“You’re on your own here.”

“Damn you!”

Keith clapped his hands, creating a sound loud enough for the three of them to pay attention to him. “Yes Tyson is gay, you don’t need to act so surprised about it,” he pointed out methodically.

“He never said anything!” Fin yelled in protest.

“You never asked,” Tyson replied with a shrug before looking away.

Fin began to scratch his chin in thought as he looked at both Keith and Tyson, a smirk appearing on his face as he spoke. “That explains a lot about you two actually,” he chuckled.

“What?” Keith asked in shock before frowning at Fin. “I’m not gay Fin.”

“Yes…plus he’s not my type anyway.”

“Is it cause he’s uptight cause I can see how that could be a big turn off,” Fin noted. By this point Reggie was just off looking around the grass fields, trying his best to not intervene in the conversation, mostly because he didn’t have anything to say as he was still in shock.

“Anyways, I’m much like Keith though, I don’t really care much about relationships or things like that at the end of the day,” he stated simply before shrugging once more. “But if you want to do something for her then just buy her a gift. Like chocolates or something.”

“Oh right, there’s Olive’s chocolates Reggie,” Fin grinned, finally getting his friend to turn around.

“But didn’t you see that long line, we’ll never be able to get any of those chocolates.”

“Don’t worry we’ll find a way,” Fin said confidently before grabbing onto Reggie’s shoulder and beginning to walk back towards the castle. “Once we get those chocolates your problems will be settled,” he smiled cheerfully.

Keith and Tyson just stared at them, neither of them saying anything as they looked at the backs of their juniors. “I guess they forgot the training,” Keith noted.

“Nah, leave them be, they have enough problems for today.”

Fin and Reggie were led into the Academy’s West Kitchen by one of the Cooking Club’s members, with Jack tagging along not too far behind him. “I don’t know how you roped me into this crazy plan,” Jack groaned in disdain.

“It was either this or staying at the back of the freaking line where we found you,” Fin snickered playfully, making Jack turn away from him. “Don’t worry, we know you just want to buy Marie a present cause you’re a lazy ass like us,” he laughed.

“It’s not my fault, we’ve only been a couple for a few days so I just forgot,” Jack defended himself, though it seemed to fall on deaf ears as Fin just kept walking, doing his best to avoid the rushing cooks.

“What’s your plan anyways? You weren’t very clear about that,” Reggie asked with curiosity and worry, knowing that Fin’s plan usually ended bad for him.

“We’ll just walk up to Olive nicely and ask her to give us some chocolates, call it winner’s spoils since we beat her in the Club Battle Royale,” Fin nodded his head triumphantly.

Olive and Basil were both busy cooking in a corner of the kitchen, with multiple cooks running over to Olive in order to check up on ingredients or if they were doing anything wrong. Basil looked at the group and proceeded to wave at Reggie. “Nice to see you Reggie. Kind of weird to see you here though.”

“Yes, very weird,” Olive pointed out before turning away from the chocolate hearts that she was making so that she could look at the group. Her face had many spots of chocolate around her face and her clothes had also been stained in various parts. “What is it that you would need from me, Fin Wave?”

Fin just stared at Olive before pocketing his hands. “Well, I was thinking that you could help us out by giving us three batches of your special Valentine’s Day chocolates,” he said while grinning at the cook.

Olive didn’t reply, instead she just turned back to work on the chocolate filled bowl that stood in front of her, she stirring the chocolate slowly. Reggie noticed there were a few heart-shaped cookie cutters on top of a flat tray that were set up in front of her and stared at Olive with curiosity when she slowly poured the chocolate on the heart-shaped cutters. “Listen, I’m too busy with other orders as well as the chocolates that are being sold to actually give special treatment,” Olive explained bitterly. “I wish I could help but I just don’t have the time or the energy.”

“Come on, I’m sure you can spare a bit of chocolate for us,” Fin said slyly as he got a bit closer to Olive, though the girl just stepped away from him and continued to glare daggers at him. “I’m sure we can work out a deal, like well, how about we give you some of the budget money we got from the CBR?” he said while smirking at her.

“Fin, you’re kind of playing with fire here,” Reggie muttered to Fin, knowing that taking the money they had won without asking the others could end up being bad for them in the long run. “Valerie will be pissed.”

“Don’t worry, I have a couple of cards I can play against Valerie,” Fin replied slyly, though he didn’t say anything besides that. “So, do we have a deal Olive?”

Olive scratched her chin in thought, leaning against the table and staring at the three of them in thought. “I guess that is a good deal when I think about it,” she nodded her head softly before glaring at Fin, who just shivered at her expression. “All right, I’ll make some special chocolates for you guys.”

Part of Reggie felt glad that they had gotten Olive to agree to making the chocolate for them, and yet part of him still felt a bit uneasy that he was just taking the easy way out. Miko had left him in charge of doing something special for her for Valentine’s after all. “Wait a moment,” Reggie called out, making Olive stare at him expectantly. “I don’t want you to make those chocolates, at least not my batch.”

“Are you crazy?” Fin gasped in disbelief, shocked that his friend would suddenly back out. “This is what we wanted, we’ll be able to get Miko’s and Marie’s chocolates without having to pull our hairs out.”

“Yeah but anyone could pay money to buy chocolates, even if it’s Olive’s it’s not as special,” Reggie shook his head, his eyes looking back at Olive with determination. “I know this might seem a bit sudden but…I want you to teach me to make those chocolates by myself.”

Jack and Fin stepped back a bit, the both of them still surprised that Reggie would suddenly decide to make the chocolates by themselves. Olive just smiled before nodding her head softly. “Words spoken with courage and honesty show how much you care about your girl,” she said before turning to Basil. “I’ve got a lot to deal with, so think you can teach him?”

“Sure, no problem,” Basil chuckled confidently before patting Reggie’s shoulder. “Don’t worry Reg, I may not be as good as Olive but by the time we’re done you’ll have the best chocolates ever,” he said while winking at him.

“And what about you two?” Olive turned back to Fin and Jack.

“Yeah like I’m gonna make chocolate,” Fin rolled his eyes. “You can make my batch.”

“I can’t make chocolate…but Reggie’s also right,” Jack nodded his head, getting a sigh of annoyance from Fin. “Sorry for wasting your time, but I also want to make mine and Marie’s Valentines special, the two of us finally got together after all.” He bowed politely to Olive before making his way out of the kitchen.

“You know this just proves you have no soul right?” Olive teased as she looked at Fin, a large grin appearing on her face when he saw his annoyed expression.

“I don’t care, just make the chocolates,” Fin groaned.

To Be Continued…

End of Chapter 39
Next Time: Everyone’s Valentine

CHAPTER 40

Chapter 40: Everyone’s Valentine

Valerie felt her cheeks flushed slightly as she and Rafael walked through the third floor of the school building. The castle had been decorated and lit perfectly in order to capture the essence of Valentine’s Day and there were already couples all around in their respective dates.

Valerie stared at the happy couples and couldn’t help but become even more nervous, she looking towards Rafael who seemed to be perfectly relax as he looked ahead. She had never been on a Valentine’s date before and while it was strange that she had decided to go out with a guy that she just met she had to admit that he at least seemed nice.

Rafael looked at her for a moment and smiled. “Everything okay? You seem nervous,” he pointed out as he turned around to look at Valerie. “It’s okay if you’re having second thoughts about this?”

“No, I’m okay, it’s just I’ve just met you so I’m a bit nervous,” Valerie nodded her head quickly, not wanting to hurt Rafael’s feelings. “I mean, all I know is your name and the dorm you’re from.”

“Yeah, I guess that can kind of be a buzzkill huh?” Rafael pointed out before he kept walking. “Don’t worry though, by the time the night is done I’m sure you’ll feel better, I do want to get to know you myself.”

Valerie chuckled at this. She had to admit she did feel a bit more reassured by his words, there was just something about him that calmed her down. “You’re very smug you know that,” she smirked.

“Confidence is a very important factor, but don’t be fooled, if it wasn’t cause I’m talking so much I’d be sweating from how nervous I am,” he laughed cheekily. “So you don’t have to worry about being the only one that’s nervous.”

With that he and Valerie began walking next to each other once more as Rafael looked around at the small shops and restaurants that started to surround them. “This school is amazing though, there’s even a perfume shop,” he pointed out with amazement, trying his best to get Valerie to relax.

The two finally came to a halt as a smirk crossed Rafael’s face while Valerie just stared at the sign that stood in front of her. The two of them were standing in front of an ice cream parlor with a sign displaying the name “Ice Champion” in large neon purple letters. Valerie’s eyes practically shone with happiness as she looked at the sign. “No way…”

“I told you my specialty is information,” Rafael grinned playfully while ruffling the back of his head. “I found out that you really really liked ice cream, so I figured this was the best place.”

“Who told you that?” Valerie asked, raising her eyebrow in suspicion, mainly because only her friends would know that fact about her.

“I have my ways,” Rafael chuckled.

“Are you a stalker then?” Valerie narrowed her eyes, making Rafael step back in surprise. However, she proceeded to smile afterwards before beginning to walk inside. “It doesn’t matter though, you can’t run away once you see me eat,” she giggled playfully.

“I like a girl who likes ice cream,” Rafael nodded his head before walking into the ice cream parlor with Valerie. The walls were painted in a light shade of red that matched well with the white floor tiles that adorned the parlor. There was a large counter in the center of the room with an ice cream freezer going around it and having different flavors of ice cream from all over the world. On the sides of the counter were many rows of tables for people to sit along with tables that had containers with different kinds of toppings.

“I think I’ve died and gone to heaven!” Valerie exclaimed, practically drooling when she stared at all the ice cream. She wasn’t much of a big eater but if there was something that she couldn’t get enough of then it was ice cream.

“Well, feel free to order whatever you want Val,” Rafael smiled at the girl as he patted her shoulder. “But do it fast, we have another stop after this,” he said slyly.

“This is not working at all,” Reggie sighed in defeat while putting his hands down on the counter he and Basil were using to make the chocolates.

After Basil had taken it upon himself to teach Reggie how to make the chocolates the two had been hard at work, unfortunately Reggie kept making mistakes in the recipe or the execution so they kept having to start over.

“You know it doesn’t have to be a perfect chocolate, I’m sure Miko’ll be happy to know it’s from you,” Basil replied with an exasperated tone, scratching the back of his head before handing a towel to Reggie so that he could clean the chocolate stains on his face.

“No, it has to be perfect,” Reggie argued back, a frown crossing his face as he looked down at the half empty bowl of melted chocolate that stood in front of him. “I want to do this right for her and show her how hard I worked.”

“You can be quite a perfectionist sometimes, though I can understand that I guess,” Basil smiled before starting to grab some more chocolate for them to use.

“It’s just, I’ve never been known for being someone that can do things well, and I’ve always given up when things got tough,” Reggie looked down at the chocolate, noticing how the melted substance flowed lightly and was still a bit bubbly after being heated up. “I want to change that, and I want this to prove that I do even if it takes me all night.”

“Fine then, I guess we’ll just have to keep doing it won’t we?” Basil laughed at Reggie’s determination before handing him some heart shaped molds. “All right then, let’s use this shortcut then, instead of cutting the hearts out like you’ve been trying to do we can pour the chocolates into the mold and put them in the oven as is. It’ll take longer but at least you’ll get the shape just right,” he suggested while grinning at Reggie.

“Oh…well I guess we could do that,” Reggie blinked twice before looking away in embarrassment for not having thought about that before. “Thanks for all your help anyway, I know you guys are really busy right now.”

“It’s okay, when someone is trying so hard in learning how to cook something I just feel like I have to help them out with my all,” Basil pointed out before he started putting the molds down on the counter. “I always got in trouble when I was a kid, skipping school, fights, but cooking was the only thing that always calmed me down and in the end it’s what helped me grow…well cooking and her,” he smiled as he shifted his eyes towards Olive, who was too busy giving orders to the other cooks. “Anyways, we’ll need to put more sugar on it if we want to get it right.”

Reggie smiled at Basil as he stretched his hand out to grab the sugar dispenser, his eyes still on Basil. “All right then, let’s do this.”

About an hour later Reggie and Basil took the heart molds with chocolate in them out of the oven, a triumphant smile crossing their faces as they looked at the perfect heart shaped chocolates. “We did it,” Basil said as he and Reggie high fived each other. “All right, now we should taste them to see how they ended up.”

That was when Basil saw Reggie grabbing a heart shaped box and beginning to put the hearts in. “It’s getting late though, I told Miko I’d see her at her apartment for dinner at 9 and it’s 8:30 already,” he said, a worried and hurried expression crossing his face.

“You can’t leave without tasting them at least.”

“I’m sure it’s okay, I rechecked and we did everything like you told me so it should be all right,” Reggie nodded his head as he closed the box. He smiled at Basil, stretching his hand out to him. “Thanks Basil, I couldn’t have done it without you.”

Basil still didn’t seem sure about letting Reggie leave like that; regardless he knew that the boy was dead set on doing so, even if it was rushed. “Fine I guess we can leave it at that,” he chuckled before shaking Reggie’s hand as his nerves calmed down. “Good luck.”

“Thanks.”

“Well this sure is an interesting place for a date,” Marie pointed out as she walked through the forest, careful so as to not step on something or trip due to the darkness.

After being called by Jack she was told to meet him in a specific part of the forest. She was mostly confused because of how sudden it was, especially since neither of them had set a date for Valentines.

Marie’s mind went back to when she and Jack confessed to each other, a part of her still a bit nervous as to what they should do now that they were a couple. She and Jack had had feelings for each other for some time now, but part of her was still afraid that they could mess up the friendship they had formed. “No, I have to stop thinking like that; we’re together now so it’s too late to get cold feet.” She muttered silently.

Marie stepped through the forest and stared in awe at what appeared before her. She was standing atop a hill overlooking the ocean, which was glistening beautifully and reflecting the shining stars that stood above on the night sky. There was a single tree overlooking the sea and underneath it was a red blanket with a basket on it and a couple of dishes and water glasses set up on either side.

Jack was standing on the edge of the hill, turning around slowly when he felt Marie get closer. “Not bad for something last minute is it?” He pointed out with a slight grin on his face as he walked towards his girlfriend.

“Not bad at all,” Marie replied, still flabbergasted as she stared at the stars. She proceeded to turn to Jack, walking towards him before hugging him and kissing him softly. “You really know how to make me happy huh?” she smiled warmly.

“Well at first I wasn’t sure about what I should do, I’m not the type of guy that’s used to this stuff,” Jack turned away from her, a slight blush crossing his face. “But I know that you like starry skies, and it might be a bit far from the school but this is the perfect spot to look at the stars at night.”

“So…what delicacies did you prepare for us tonight,” Marie giggled, looking at the basket of food with curiosity.

“I just….I’m not a cook so I just grabbed leftovers from my kitchen,” Jack turned away, a slight frown crossing his face as he remembered his mistake.

Marie just laughed before opening the basket and beginning to take some of the food out. “It’s okay, leftovers are good too sometimes, though next time please tell me what you want to do so I can prepare food,”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Jack nodded his head slowly before sitting down along with Marie. He looked down at the floor for a moment before raising his head back at her. “I know we’re still new to this whole relationship, but I’m the type of person that puts his all in things he’s interested in,” he adjusted his glasses slowly. “And this is something that I’m very interested in.”

“Good, because I’m not gonna let you lose interest.”

Stacy had changed herself into a V-cut aqua blue dress that went down all the way to her legs and outlined her body, leaving one of her legs exposed, she had also combed her hair properly so that it would flow down and match better with the dress that she was wearing.

She and Freed had decided to have their date at a special restaurant on the terrace of the eastern building of the castle. The restaurant had been made specifically for the teachers and workers of the school and was off limits to any students. It was very high class and most of the people that attended had dressed properly for the occasion.

She sipped from the cocktail she had been drinking as she turned to look back at the entrance of the restaurant, hoping that Freed would be there. “Why is he so late?” she replied with a slightly annoyed tone. It was the first time in a while that she had been eager for a date, after all, Freed was different from the guys she had been with before and she even felt nervous and giddy around him. “I hope I’m not just wasting my time,” she sighed.

“I don’t think it’s nice for a beautiful lady to say that,” Stacy raised her head and turned around quickly once she heard Freed’s voice, smiling when she saw him standing in front of her, a red rose in his hand. Freed was wearing a tailored black suit along with a matching pair of pants that hugged his legs and a white colored dress shirt. “I’m sorry I took so long, but I had to pass by the greenhouse to get this.”

Stacy grabbed the flower slowly, letting the soft and rich smell of itreach her nose as she put it closer to her face. “It smells different than any rose I’ve seen before,” she pointed out with amazement.

Freed just smiled at her, his crimson eyes shining slyly as he helped her up from her seat. “This rose comes from the Kalos region, there’s a special place in that region where these types of roses grow. They’re very rare so it wasn’t easy to find these kinds of flowers.”

“So you went into the greenhouse and stole one,” Stacy grinned at Freed as the two headed towards one of the tables. “You’re such a bad teacher,” she said playfully.

“I think that any man should be willing to turn into a villain if it’s for the sake of a woman they care about,” Freed replied calmly, pulling Stacy’s chair out so that she would sit.

She blushed a bit when she heard this comment, though her smile didn’t vanish as she nodded her head and sat down. “You really are a sly as you seem.”

“Am I really?” Freed chuckled, sitting down and clicking his fingers so as to call the waiter to them. “I gotta say though, only you make me act this way for some reason.”

Stacy blushed even brighter, turning away from Freed and towards the waiter so he wouldn’t look at her face. “Can I get another one of those cocktails please?”

“Nonsense, some champagne will work,” Freed replied with a nod from his head as he looked at Stacy. “We might as well make the most out of this date shouldn’t we?” he laughed as he leaned back against his chair.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right there,” Stacy nodded her head in agreement, seeing the waiter leave. “You really know how to entertain a lady.”

“I can’t exactly say I have a lot of experience, but some could say it’s a gift,” Freed shrugged, putting his hands on the table and grabbing Stacy’s gently. “I’m glad you’ve gotten used to the academy, I remembered when the year started and you were really nervous about being a teacher.”

“Yeah I guess I’ve gotten used to it, though this school can be pretty nonsensical,” Stacy chuckled a bit. “You were new too, I was more shocked by the fact you weren’t nervous,” Stacy huffed as she grabbed Freed’s hand once more, feeling a slight tingle crawl up her hand as she felt the warmth of his hand. “In fact, you always look sure of what you’re doing.”

Freed laughed once more at Stacy’s first statement. “It does have its moments where you feel like it’s out of reality but you have to admit it makes it more fun than a normal school,” he responded with a grin before addressing her second statement.

“There are times when even I feel insecure or worried about something,” Freed pointed out, his tone becoming a bit more serious as he leaned back against his chair. “But…I was taught from a young age that if you show your insecurity to the world it would be as if you’ve already given up,” he said solemnly, noticing that the waiter had come back with a bottle of champagne.

“Now that I think about it,” Stacy let go of Freed’s hands before grabbing her glass and taking a few sips from it. “I don’t really know much about you or your background.”

Freed looked at her, his expression becoming a bit more solemn before he took a sip of his own glass and lowered it. “Yeah I guess I haven’t told many people besides the principal,” Freed pointed out calmly.

“My father was actually from Kalos, which is where my name comes from while my mother was from Hoenn,” he spoke quietly, staring down at the alcoholic liquid and at Stacy’s reflection on the glass. “My mother left my father when I was still a baby and took me with her, so I never had a father or a figure like that while I was growing up.”

“My mom had to work hard to maintain both of us but because she was ill I also had to work from time to time, I tended to ignore things like school work and such,” he explained, his tone becoming more somber before he raised the glass and drank from it once more, noticing that Stacy was doing the same while being focused on his story.

“My father came back into the picture when I was 16, and I learned that he was a very rich and influential man.”

“What did he do?” Stacy raised an eyebrow with curiosity.

Freed didn’t reply right away, instead he just stared at her as he thought of his words. “He was responsible for running a few businesses around the world and such; he’s got influences in all types of fields. Anyways, he came to me and told me that he would look after my mother if I went to live with him and studied under him.”

“So I spent my next few years and that’s how I learned most of what I know, it wasn’t easy though…especially when my father had me help him out with his work,” his tone became bitter as he turned away from Stacy. “I looked for a chance to get out of it all, and when I got that chance I did.”

Stacy stared at Freed for a moment, processing everything he had told her before nodding her head. “Well I can understand it probably wasn’t easy to tell me that,” she said as she smiled at him.

“It’s okay,” Freed smiled honestly, finally looking back at Stacy. “Though now I have to ask yours.”

“My story isn’t really anything special,” Stacy shook her head. “I’m actually Wallace’s niece, hence why I grew up liking contests and fashion and such. My life was pretty normal up to when I was 15 where I attended Oak’s School of Arts and Science.”

“I remember that, it was a very influential school famous for giving birth to great researchers.”

“Yeah, the arts department was pretty good,” Stacy chuckled as she leaned back against her chair. “I wasn’t really good at science, which is ironic cause it was there that I got my liking for Biology,” she stretched her now empty glass to Freed, who proceeded to refill its contents. “After I graduated I became a model for a little bit while also going to college, it was good and glamorous and well you know what to expect.”

“And then you became a substitute teacher for Canalave University huh?” Freed noted, noticing Stacy’s face had turned into a sad frown as she nodded and looked at the table. “I know of what happened between you and that student. Don’t worry I’m not gonna judge you for it.”

“Anyways, after I got fired for that my uncle told me that a friend of his had just become the new principal of the school and he was looking for teachers,” Stacy said, drinking from her glass once more and smiling. “So I ended up working here.”

“Well then things ended up good for you didn’t they,” Freed’s tone became a bit more cheerful as he and Stacy stared at each other, a blush appearing on her face as she kept drinking. “I for one am glad to have met you and I’m sure the rest of the kids are too, you’re an important part of this school.”

“Thanks, I couldn’t have done it without your support,” Stacy nodded her head. She looked into Freed’s eyes, still feeling shy around him. She didn’t know why though, it had never happened with any other guy she had met and she was usually so straight forward, so why was he different from the others?

“Anyways, I guess it’s time we order some dinner shouldn’t we?” Freed said before diverting his gaze towards the menu.

After dinner was over Freed escorted Stacy to her room in the Blastoise Aqua dorms, or rather carried her. “That dinner was fun!” Stacy exclaimed and laughed as she kept grabbing a hold of Freed’s arm.

“Yeah it really was, though maybe you drank a little too much,” Freed chuckled insecurely as he managed to get his arm free before putting it around her to grab her better.

“It was only 6 glasses Freed….dear Freed,” Stacy giggled playfully, she nudging him a bit and causing him to jump. “Did that surprise you,” she said while sticking her tongue out at him.

“Yes a little bit,” Freed nodded his head, not knowing how to act now that Stacy was acting this way. The two came to a halt in front of the door to Stacy’s room as Freed let go of her. “Well here we are, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Wait a second!” Stacy exclaimed, she grabbing a hold of Freed’s hand before he could turn to leave. She grinned at him mischievously, something causing Freed feel nervous. “When we were talking earlier, you said that we should make the most out of this date…I thought it was just two co-workers hanging out,” her grin grew wider as a blush crossed Freed’s face.

“U-uh well, that was just something I…”

Before he could say anything in his defense Stacy pulled from his hand and into a kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck as the kiss became more passionate as she pushed him against the wall. “You know, we really should make the most out of this date,” she grinned as she opened the door to her room.

“Wait Stacy, you’re drunk I mean it’s not right,” Freed shook his head as he stared at Stacy, who just proceeded to chuckle.

“It’s okay, I’ve liked you from the moment I’ve met you anyways and you can’t say you don’t like me either,” Stacy replied slyly as she kissed Freed once more, this time making their kiss stronger. Freed grabbed a hold of her and pulled her off though, causing her to whine. “Whaaaat?”

“Even if you don’t want to and even…even if I do like you,” Freed said, panting a bit as he tried to recover from the kiss. “I can’t do it like this, I mean even if you give me consent it’s still not the same…I won’t be like my dad,” he said as he looked down at the floor, noticing that Stacy’s expression had become a bit sadder.

“I guess you have a point,” Stacy sighed before smiling at Freed. “But you’re not getting away from me next time,” she smirked before kissing his cheek.

After going to the ice cream parlor Rafael and Valerie got out of the castle, with Rafael leading a still confused Valerie into the quad.

A large crowd had formed as people were walking all around the field of the school, food stands had been set up on either side of it as well as game stands, making the school seem like a carnival instead. “Wow, they really set this place up nicely huh?” Rafael pointed out in surprise as he looked at the scene unfolding in front of them.

“I heard the academy had this small section that it always used to set up events like this, but it got burned down last year after some Pokemon went on a rampage,” Valerie explained, she looking at the stands with curiosity. “So, are you gonna win a prize for me to show your manliness or something,” she teased as she turned to Rafael.

Rafael just smirked as he pocketed his hands. “That was my original idea, but you just foiled it…how mean of you,” he put his hand to his forehead and spun around melodramatically. “But no, I heard there’s going to be this special fireworks show, so I figured we should see it.”

“Pretty good, but not as romantic Romeo, though the ice cream did give you some points,” Valerie nodded her head. She had to admit that she was actually enjoying herself with Rafael, her usual company since the second semester started were Allison and Claudia mostly because of Miko and Reggie hanging out as a couple and the fact that Darren always kept to himself. So she had to admit that it was nice to hang out with someone that entertained her like this.

“Oh please, anyone can do that kind of sappy stuff,” Rafael argued back before walking closer to Valerie. “I’d rather make sure that the person I’m with is having fun and enjoying herself, if it doesn’t work then so be it,” he shrugged.

“Pretty good resolve you’ve got there,” Valerie smiled, clearly impressed.

“Well it’s just that I learned I have to look at things positively regardless,” Rafael commented while nodding his head. “You don’t get anything from moping around and regretting things, it just slows you down in life.”

At that moment fireworks started to fly into the sky, causing the two of them as well as the crowd to turn and look at them as they exploded and took the shapes of different Pokemon.

Valerie stared in awe as the figures glistened in the sky and were instantly followed by more fireworks. “Not too bad is it?” Rafael smiled at her. “I know we just met today, but I’ve liked you for some time now and well, I think you’re a great gal.”

Valerie didn’t reply, instead she just smiled at him before walking over and grabbing his hand. “I think it’s time you take me home, don’t think anything of it though.”

“I wouldn’t,” Rafael shook his head and grinned.

“Damn it I’m late!” Reggie panted as he ran towards Miko’s room, stopping in front of the door so that he could recover his breath. After leaving the kitchen he had gone back to his dorm room so that he could shower and get changed, unfortunately he had lost a lot of time so he had to run to her room as fast as he could.

He had changed into a long sleeved black jacket with a raised neck. The jacket came with a matching pair of pants that had red lines going down the center and he was wearing a red shirt underneath the jacket. He looked down at the box of chocolates in worried.

He had worked hard in order to make the chocolates for Miko and now it was finally hitting him that she might not like them. Part of him knew that Miko wouldn’t tell him even if she didn’t like them, but he still wanted to impress her. “Well, I won’t get anywhere standing out here,” Reggie sighed before he knocked on the door.

After a few seconds of impatiently waiting and hearing what appeared to be a thud and a crash the door opened up, welcoming Reggie to the sight of an almost completely dark room, the only light being a few candles that had been set up around the kitchen and on the kitchen table of Miko’s room/apartment. “What was that?” he muttered before seeing Miko come out from the kitchen holding onto her head and frowning.

“I was preparing the candles and when I heard the knock I jumped and hit myself with the fridge,” she whined as she wiped a tear from her eye.

“Are you okay?” Reggie walked over to his girlfriend making sure to check on the bump that had formed on her head. Miko just put his hands aside; instead she smiled at him before kissing his cheek.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine, it’s just I wanted dinner to be amazing,” she said before turning towards the table. On the center of the table was a large plate filled with burgers, something that caused Reggie’s eyes to open wide as he tried not to drool. “Burgers with grilled ham and cheese, I know they’re your fave,” Miko smirked. “I know normally you’re the one that cooks so I figured me doing it for once would make for a good valentine’s gift…since I kind of ran out of money to buy you something,” she looked down at the floor with a sigh.

“I know I’m the one that told you that you had to buy something so if you weren’t able to then I won’t complain,” she nodded her head, understanding that she was in no place to ask for a present after she had failed to get one.

Reggie looked at her and then looked at the burgers. Burgers weren’t exactly hard to make but he knew that Miko wasn’t used to cooking and she had made so much too. He smiled at her before holding out the heart shaped box of chocolates and presenting it to her. “But I did get you something, and I don’t mind handing it to you,” he replied, smiling even more when he saw Miko’s look of realization when she saw the box.

“You bought Olive’s chocolates?” she gasped as she grabbed the box.

“Actually I didn’t buy it,” Reggie laughed shyly as he ruffled his hair. “I kind of made them; I spent all afternoon and even far into the night trying to make chocolates that were at least kind of as good.”

“Just the fact you made them makes them perfect,” Miko nodded her head and smiled before taking one of the heart-shaped chocolates out and beginning to eat it.

He had expected her to smile, or frown or something…but instead she just stood them with an expression that could only be labeled as shock and confusion. “What’s wrong?” Reggie asked, worried.

“It’s kind of salty,” Miko said in a silent tone as she began chewing the chocolate, only for her to shiver slightly, causing Reggie to sigh.

“Crap, I must’ve mixed the sugar with salt,” he said, ruffling his hair with both of his hands as he realized the mistake he had made. If only he had listened to Basil’s advice the chocolates would’ve been perfect.

“Actually, they’re not perfect but the contrast of flavor is actually pretty good,” Miko smiled as she swallowed, making Reggie cheer up once more as he looked at her. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed him slowly before smiling. “This is a great present; it’s really sweet and tasteful while also being a bit salty and forceful, kind of like you.”

“I can be forceful?” Reggie asked, completely shocked by her statement.

“When you want to be,” Miko winked at him. “And I hope you can be tonight.”

“Aaaahh….I’ll try,” Reggie laughed nervously as a blush crossed his face. “Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day!” Miko beamed before kissing Reggie once more.

“Okay, got my chocolates,” Fin grinned to himself as he made his way back into the Blastoise Aqua dorm. He looked down at the heart-shaped box of chocolates that he had obtained thanks to Olive’s “help” and now was heading to Valerie’s room.

Part of him still wondered if he really should go after Valerie, especially considering the two of them never had the best relationship, and yet part of him couldn’t get that weird feeling out of his chest. “Guess this couldn’t hurt,” he shrugged.

As he made his way into Valerie’s front and turned to walk towards her room he noticed something that caught his eye. Valerie was standing in the doorway to her room talking to a guy that he had never seen before. “Who’s that?” Fin whispered to himself as he hid behind the wall that led into the hallway.

He couldn’t hear what they were saying but Valerie seemed to be happy judging by her expression and the guy seemed to be just as happy. A part of him felt annoyed now, maybe even a bit jealous when he saw Valerie with Rafael. But why? He wondered as he saw the two talking.

That’s when he saw Valerie lean forward and gently peck the guy on the lips, causing Fin to become paralyzed as he processed what was going on. He stood up and began making his way down the building and towards his room, trying to be as silent as possible.

“Who the hell was that?” Fin asked himself as he went into his room and slammed the door shut, clenching on the box of chocolates. Of course he was just making up things in his head, there was no way Valerie would actually think of going out with him after what had happened. Why did he even care? It’s not like she was anything special to him.

But why did he? Even though she wasn’t the first girl he had been in and even though she wasn’t exactly someone that he was always fond of. “Guess I really am just an idiot,” Fin chuckled as he threw the box down on the floor. “There was no way she and I would’ve worked out anyway,” he let out a depressed chuckle as he made his way into his room, his gaze on the floor.

Lumiose City was one of the largest cities in the Kalos region and one of the biggest cities in the whole world. Famous for all of the great sites and monuments but also for its bright and bustling night life.

Right now Lumiose’s own Light Festival was on full throttle and the streets were filled with cheering people and Pokemon dancing, playing and just overall having fun.

Inside one of the buildings that surrounded the main square stood Jabber, a smirk crossing across his face as he looked down at the people that were enjoying the festival. He pocketed his hands and he turned towards the darkened room behind him and his eyes fell on the red sofa that was now in front of him.

Laying down on the sofa was Noeh, adjusting his old ripped off black hat over his messy black hair as he looked at the man with his red colored eyes.

“Don’t you just enjoy festivals, it’s fun watching all the ants move around happily under the light.” Jabber said with a scoff as he looked at the young man, not turning his gaze away from him. “You shouldn’t be so serious Noeh, life only smiles upon those that smile back at it after all.”

“Oh don’t give that crap,” Noeh spat back at Jabber before he stood up from the sofa and dusted himself off. “I’m only here because I wanted to speak to you about the new mission that the old bastard handed out to me.”

“Wasn’t it you who said that you wanted to get a chance to stretch your wings after so long?” Jabber questioned with a playful smirk as he raised an eyebrow, seemingly enjoying Noeh’s frustration as he adjusted his black suit.

“Easy for you to say going from city to city dealing with the business end, enjoying your frivolous life in big hotel rooms and such,” Noeh gritted his teeth, turning away from his senior. “Meanwhile I get stuck exploring and scouting and just doing all the crappy jobs even though I’m the third Sin and you’re the fourth.”

“As I’ve told you before, the numbers don’t really have anything to do with our importance. Besides, it’s not my fault that I’m good with people, you really should calm down though, or else Wrath will end up looking as an even more fitting Sin to you than before.” Noeh didn’t reply, instead he just stopped himself from looking at Jabber. “Regardless your mission this time is important. You’re in charge of making sure that the experiment Clarice has been working on works and if not….well just take care of the threat.”

“Being sent to that stupid Elemental Academy full of snotty brats, besides, I thought they weren’t even a threat to us or anything,” Noeh whined.

“They are not as a whole,” Jabber pointed out while raising his index finger. “But there are two people that could both be valuable and pose a threat to us, one of them even used to be of our own.”

“So the old man wants me to get rid of them,” Noeh scoffed before finally standing up from the sofa. “This’ll be way too easy for me Jabber, and once I’m done I’ll be taking your place.”

“You should be careful Noeh, these guys aren’t to be messed with lightly,” Jabber scolded as he turned away from him so that he could look back down at the festival. “Especially if they have my dear brother Freed on their side.”

“The fun starts now then.”

End of Chapter 40
Next Time: The Contest Challenge

I...write too much.

Anyways next chapter I will give a bit of an explanation about the fic itself. Mostly cause I'm sure some have noticed that we're 40 chapters in and it seems like the plot hasn't picked up. Well I actually do have something to say about that but I won't say it now because this post has already gotten long enough.

Last edited:
I think something's up with the mention notifications, since BMGf decided not to give me one for not one but two chapters of SYR. And I like the SAO avatar and sig. Probably the best anime on right now, and Kirito and Asuna are definitely my two favorite characters in it. Anyway, on to business.

While I'm not one for the whole romance aspect of these two chapters, we're really starting to see some of the main players grow. I wonder how the ending of chapter 40 is going to cause problems for our little Five-Man Band. And a small complaint about the random bits of bold text. Actually, that's the complaint in a nutshell.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom