• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Adventures DPPt "Volume Four" Review Thread

matt0044

Reaction score
I just got my copy today at Barnes & Noble in NYC which I'm at now so I decided to start this. I haven't read it yet but I'll put up the Chapter names:

Adventure 28: Crafty Carnivine (gee, I wonder how long it took for them to think of that one)

Adventure 29: Floatzel and Jetsam

Adventure 30: Suffering Psyduck (I don't get it)

Adventure 31: Problematic Probopass and Mad Magnezone Part 1

Adventure 32:problematic Probopass and Mad Magnezone Part 2

Adventure 33: Problematic Probopass and Mad Magnezone Part 3

Adventure 34: Drifting Drifblim

Adventure 35: Mirages of Mismagius Part 1

Adventure 36: Mirages of Mismagius Part 2

Adventure 37: Brash Bronzong Part 1 (Man, Viz LOVES aliteration and puns in their chapter titles, don't they? Oh well, at least it's not like the DP TRio English dialogue. I'm grateful for that)

From what I read, Platinum actually has a near death experience when she sinks in the Great Marsh's bog before being rescued by Chimler. It made me realize how everyone in this series seems to brush off death as if it was nothing. No real trauma or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that whole "walking away from the explosion and not turning back" thing.

re: Pokemon Adventures DPPt "Volume Four" Review Thread

Didn't we already have a "Crafty" before?

I'm pretty sure the Suffering is supposed to be about Psyduck's headaches and the first syllables are similarly pronounced.

re: Pokemon Adventures DPPt "Volume Four" Review Thread

I'm pretty sure the Suffering is supposed to be about Psyduck's headaches and the first syllables are similarly pronounced.

I was assuming it was a pun.

I'm guessing it's meant to remind us of "sufferin' succotash," Sylvester's catchphrase from the old Looney Tunes shorts.

So, I got this yesterday... did anyone notice in the bio sections that wrote "Ojosama" instead of "Lady"?

The spine has Typhlosion on it... I haven't finished the book yet, but does Typhlosion appear in this volume?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom