• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Black and White volume 1 and 2 review thread

I see.

(Why are such obscure references in a children's manga anyway?).

It's called a Genius bonus.

Don't worry, once they have to go to the lakes (that's going to be in volume 5) you won't see a comedy routine for a loooooooong time.

Viz erased the words "GOD SPEED YOU" on the back of the jacket that biker's wearing after G'Cis' speech.

Not only that, they changed it to "TEAM EMPOLEON" as well.

They also removed the text on the front of his shirt...
bikeru.png

I can understand editing say, the cross Greed was attached to in Fullmetal Alchemist...but...eh?! God = swear word now? Or maybe they just didn't want people to think that Viz are bad at English xD (for those who don't know that Viz only translates it).

I think it's due to religion being very, VERY controversial in America and Pokemon sometimes being labeled by some Christians as a product of the devil.

Joshawott said:
(Why are such obscure references in a children's manga anyway?).

I think it's more for the writer than the readers.

Kind of like how the animated series has all these references to the old TV series the staff of the show grew up watching. No kid is going to get the dozens of Kyojin no Hoshi references, for example, but they put them in anyway because the staff of the TV show likes them.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom