• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Breeding, Hatching and Daycare Changes?

NoirGrimoir

Girl with the Ghosts
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there is a thread for this yet. Nothing has been mentioned about Breeding, Hatching or the Daycare at all yet in news. Anyone have anything to mention about it? Maybe there's something you think should be changed, or want to see? Last time we got some cool things with Join Avenue, such as services that can make your egg hatch faster. Anyone interested in seeing something like that again?

Personally I wish you could have the Daycare Man/Lady dump your eggs directly in your box or something, juggling lots of eggs and pokemon you are putting in and out of the PC is kind of annoying. O_O Also I wish egg groups were checkable somehow, maybe through an NPC or somewhere in the pokemon's info screens or the dex. I hate when I'm not near a computer or internet and I put two pokemon in the daycare to breed and I talk to the Daycare man and he says "They prefer to play with others..." Well, there goes 200 pokebucks or whatever it is, completely wasted...

yeah, one would expect the pokedex will tell you that kind of information, but it doesn't. Hopefully they'll fix that kind of things so we don't go around juggling eggs and trying to breed pokemons that don't breed. it took me ages to realise that nidoking and nidoqueen weren't going to produce an egg. still i wouldn't have checked in the pokedex if they were in the same egg group because even in the logicless world of pokemon, nidoqueen not being able to breed is ridiculous, so they have to fix that

It would be cool to see the egg groups in the game, rather than them being mysterious (until you talk to the old dude that is).

I'm just hoping that they keep the Everstone mechanics from B2W2, where the Everstone nature is guaranteed to pass.

Oh, and I would like Hidden Abilities to no longer requires females to pass them along. So that way I could breed some stuff like Sheer Force Tauros or Defiant Braviary.

Oh and also Male-only Pokemon to get egg moves. It would require shuffling of the egg move mechanics, but it should be doable somehow.

It would be cool to see the egg groups in the game, rather than them being mysterious (until you talk to the old dude that is).

I'm just hoping that they keep the Everstone mechanics from B2W2, where the Everstone nature is guaranteed to pass.

Oh, and I would like Hidden Abilities to no longer requires females to pass them along. So that way I could breed some stuff like Sheer Force Tauros or Defiant Braviary.

Oh and also Male-only Pokemon to get egg moves. It would require shuffling of the egg move mechanics, but it should be doable somehow.

What do you mean about the "everstone mechanics"? Could you explain that to me?

In addition to having a ready and available list of egg types at easy access I would like the eggs to come out looking like the pokemon they're suppose to be. I always loved that in the anime series, wondering why it was never applied to the game...

It used to be that if you gave a pokemon an everstone it had only a 50% chance or something to pass on it's nature to eggs (meaning in breeding chains you could wind up with a pokemon with everything you wanted, moves, IVs, ability, etc...and yet have the wrong nature, even though it's parents had the right nature and held an everstone), but since BW it's now 100% chance, so you can guarantee that your egg Pokemon will have Hardy or Naive or Calm or whatever nature you need it to. It's extremely helpful in breeding, yeah I would be pissed if they took that away.

What do you mean about the "everstone mechanics"? Could you explain that to me?

In addition to having a ready and available list of egg types at easy access I would like the eggs to come out looking like the pokemon they're suppose to be. I always loved that in the anime series, wondering why it was never applied to the game...
When a Pokemon holds an Everstone in the daycare, before BW2 it made it more likely the Nature of the Pokemon holding it would be passed down to the offspring. In BW2, it now passes it down 100% of the time, making it very easy to breed natures onto Pokemon. I would like to see this continue as well as it's very convenient and helps with breeding Pokemon for battling and such.

I agree that having eggs in the anime style would be cool instead of just a generic default egg. It would be a nice change especially since things are in 3D now and the focus on beauty and all that.

Also how about instead of bumping eggs into boxes there would be like a eggs only storage system. Like another PC or maybe like an incubator room that can only hold so many eggs before you have to take them out and hatch them?

Egg only storage system, that sounds excellent, actually. And yeah, I wish eggs had a bit more diversity in appearance. Maybe even just different color spots based on the pokemon's type or egg group would be enough for me.

special eggs that hatch early. (aka premature babies)

Yeah, having like a 'critical hatching' like that have critical captures would be interesting. Like there's a small chance the pokemon could hatch at any given step outside of the usual steps it takes to hatch. There isn't much point to it, but I like the idea anyway.

I want to see actual breeding. For example, some Pokemon are either extremely rare on only obtainable by cross-breeding two Pokemon.

Also, I want Mew to be able to act as a Ditto, because there is no reason for it not to.

I want the Daycare people to have a Daughter and Son-in-law that, for a price, will train your pokemon to change their Nature or Ability.

Maybe GF could give us some extended ability lists at the Daycare to incorporate Hidden Abilities in game, or have some that are learned Daycare only.

That kind of defies the point of breeding them though. I don't think natures or abilities should be changeable, though I do think there should be a way to get a pokemon with a hidden ability through the daycare or breeding. Maybe just an extremely small chance a pokemon will hatch with it when breeding.

Although, as long as we still get Dream World, I'm okay with that being the main way to get Hidden Ability Pokemon.

I think it would be cool if sometimes the daycare had other pokemon, either from npc or mixing records with someone who has pokemon in daycare. The daycare could be divided into a number of fields/rooms where if you put 2 pokemon in they get there own area but if you put 1 in it may end up with a different pokemon allowing them to breed. This could be a way to get rare pokemon, like have a npc put a rare pokemon in daycare at certain times so your pokemon can breed with it.

That's interesting, like Egg Roulette. You could get something cool, but you don't know what it is!

But that would kind of defeat the purpose of dumping a single pokemon in there to gain a few levels.

If accidental eggs were optional or just really rare on the other hand...

ETA: Also yes, bring back mystery eggs but for all pokemon instead of just the babies, Togepi, and Larvesta.

That kind of defies the point of breeding them though. I don't think natures or abilities should be changeable, though I do think there should be a way to get a pokemon with a hidden ability through the daycare or breeding. Maybe just an extremely small chance a pokemon will hatch with it when breeding.

Although, as long as we still get Dream World, I'm okay with that being the main way to get Hidden Ability Pokemon.

I assume you like Breeding?
I can respect that but I think most people find it tedious.

I'm still in favor of abilities and natures being changeable.
Breeding can still be used for egg moves or IVs.

(Although I'd rather IVs be done away with or less diverse).

So help me God, they better not put the Daycare post game again.

Also, they should make it so any Pokemon with a Hidden ability (regardless of gender) can breed down Hidden abilities with an Imposter Ditto.

I find it tedious too, but the point of breeding is sort of to the mimic natural breeding of traits, and I don't think making breeding obsolete is the way to go, especially from a business standpoint. Breeding basically gives you stuff to do after the plot and puts a lot of hours on the games, and that is good for playability. If it's too easy, it would eliminate that entirely. Also even though it's hard and annoying, it has it's charms. I didn't really get into breeding until my W2 game, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually not that hard at all. I can breed a pokemon with the right nature, ability etc. and train a pokemon for EVs that I want in an afternoon. If you want to get much fancier (as in IVs) than that it takes some more preparation and even luck, but basic breeding isn't too difficult, especially with that ever useful everstone, and you can make a good pokemon without worrying too much about IVs, so long as your pokemon's IVs are at least average.

Back
Top Bottom