• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl General Discussion

Well shoot no Pokemon news at all.
Yeah. I was surprised for the lack of news for BDSP. After all, the release of that game is in November 2021.

I didn't expect anything for Legends Arceus, since that game is in 2022.

Far as I know, no one closely affiliated with Pokémon was tweeting about this Direct so I'm not exactly surprised there was nothing, but it sure would have been nice to have something to break up the stagnated discourse around the games.

Well that was a bit of a disappointment. I thought that they'd cover at least Legend Arceus during the E3 direct. I guess it does make sense. While Nintendo has featured Pokemon at E3 before, I think Game Freak generally prefers to have Pokemon Directs instead so that the main focus is on Pokemon. This also makes it less likely that the games were announced back in February only because of the franchise's 25th anniversary.

I am more confused as to why we didn't get any updates before E3 though. That was a big reason why fans understandably thought that we'd get something today. Having a Pokemon Direct just before E3 would have made sense, so I'm not sure why they didn't do that. I'm sure that we'll get some kind of update this month, so we could get an announcement of an announcement any day now. There were some cool announcements during the Nintendo E3 Direct, but as a Pokemon fan, it was a bit of a letdown.

Far as I know, no one closely affiliated with Pokémon was tweeting about this Direct so I'm not exactly surprised there was nothing, but it sure would have been nice to have something to break up the stagnated discourse around the games.
I feel we'll still be getting news soon.

Well that was a bit of a disappointment. I thought that they'd cover at least Legend Arceus during the E3 direct. I guess it does make sense. While Nintendo has featured Pokemon at E3 before, I think Game Freak generally prefers to have Pokemon Directs instead so that the main focus is on Pokemon. This also makes it less likely that the games were announced back in February only because of the franchise's 25th anniversary.

I am more confused as to why we didn't get any updates before E3 though. That was a big reason why fans understandably thought that we'd get something today. Having a Pokemon Direct just before E3 would have made sense, so I'm not sure why they didn't do that. I'm sure that we'll get some kind of update this month, so we could get an announcement of an announcement any day now. There were some cool announcements during the Nintendo E3 Direct, but as a Pokemon fan, it was a bit of a letdown.
Personally, I wasn't expecting any announcements before or during the Direct, myself, but rather after it.

Pokémon is too big for a single Nintendo Direct segment to do it justice.
Pokemon isn't above any franchise to not have any news in E3 (which i didn't except any). You are specially saying this about E3, basically where are all the big companies come to announce a lot of what they are gonna release in the near future.

And it's not like pokemon hasn't been on E3 in the past (i still vividly remember E3 two years ago where they said all pokemon weren't gonna be in Sword and Shield and the video uploaded to Nintendo's channel got a ton of dislikes, starting the whole Dexit thing).

Well, not surprised at the dearth of Pokemon coverage. Pokemon doesn't really get showcased by vanilla Nintendo Directs in general. It's the one franchise that has its own specific Direct (Pokemon Presents) to itself, for whatever reason.

Pokemon isn't above any franchise to not have any news in E3 (which i didn't except any). You are specially saying this about E3, basically where are all the big companies come to announce a lot of what they are gonna release in the near future.

And it's not like pokemon hasn't been on E3 in the past (i still vividly remember E3 two years ago where they said all pokemon weren't gonna be in Sword and Shield and the video uploaded to Nintendo's channel got a ton of dislikes, starting the whole Dexit thing).
I remember the last Nintendo Direct not containing any Pokémon news and then the news getting release soon after.

Next month is Sinnoh month in terms of Pokémon.com's anniversary celebration timeline so maybe there actually won't be anything this month? We are already halfway through June. Just a thought.

This also makes it less likely that the games were announced back in February only because of the franchise's 25th anniversary.

I feel like it's the opposite; I mean they were literally announced on the day of the anniversary and otherwise, I think it's kind of weird to preview traditional remakes like BDSP so far in advance. Something new like Legends: Arceus is a bit more of a wildcard I suppose, but it makes sense to announce that in parallel with BDSP in order to highlight the two different flavors of Sinnoh on offer, and since their release dates aren't too far apart. If they've got not just one, but two new main series games in the pipeline, then I think of course they'd want to showcase them along with all of the other news they'd slated for the anniversary Direct.

Wouldn't the fact that they had a presentation at E3 2019 make it not an example of them not being at E3, or am I misunderstanding you?

Wouldn't the fact that they had a presentation at E3 2019 make it not an example of them not being at E3, or am I misunderstanding you?
I meant E3 2019 as an example of them being in a E3, hence the before "it's not like pokemon hasn't been in E3 in the past". Which means they have been there in the past.

Unless i'm having a brainfart at the moment with the english language. lol

I meant E3 2019 as an example of them being in a E3, hence the before "it's not like pokemon hasn't been in E3 in the past". Which means they have been there in the past.

Unless i'm having a brainfart at the moment with the english language. lol

OH wait a minute, I just figured it out, my bad lol

You might want to tone down your expectations for BDSP if you haven't done so already. Even LGPE were showcased at Treehouse.

Legends is still 7 months away, so I guess that's an excuse.

Esserise said:
Next month is Sinnoh month in terms of Pokémon.com's anniversary celebration timeline so maybe there actually won't be anything this month? We are already halfway through June. Just a thought.

That would be sad and disappointing. I think that there would be enough time to have some kind of announcement this month, but if they want to tie it in with their Sinnoh celebration next month, a Pokemon Direct for next month does sound possible. I'm still hopeful that we'll get something this month. They don't usually announce Pokemon Directs more than a day or two in advance, so they would have time for something this month.

I feel like it's the opposite; I mean they were literally announced on the day of the anniversary and otherwise, I think it's kind of weird to preview traditional remakes like BDSP so far in advance. Something new like Legends: Arceus is a bit more of a wildcard I suppose, but it makes sense to announce that in parallel with BDSP in order to highlight the two different flavors of Sinnoh on offer, and since their release dates aren't too far apart. If they've got not just one, but two new main series games in the pipeline, then I think of course they'd want to showcase them along with all of the other news they'd slated for the anniversary Direct.

I brought that up mainly due to the notion that these games would have been announced at E3 if it wasn't for the 25th anniversary. It's true that they normally don't announce remakes that far in advance, but I couldn't really see them saving BD/SP for E3 instead, especially when they didn't have an update for it today. Two new main series games in the works would make them want to feature it in their Pokemon Day Direct. I just don't think that the anniversary was the only reason they decided to announce their games.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom