• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Christmas Mafia ~ ENDGAME (Town and Indep Victory!) ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon Christmas Mafia ~ Day 1 - Operation Christmas ~ 6/12/2013

Ooooooh :eek: that actually makes sense now that I think about it *writes down* I'm still learning things out so thanks for that piece of info.

If you wrote it down, then why did you not follow me?

While a D1 lynch could be useful, at the same time, if we end up like lynching a doctor or something than we've shot ourselves in the foot. I noticed that you liked HumanDawn's post with the first vote for Neon, but didn't say anything. Care to share your thoughts @Flonne; ?

I'm willing to bet that Neon Borealis is town.

You saw that GliscorMan and CrackFox quickly voted for Neon Borealis along with Human, right? I have a feeling that one or the other is scum.

We don't know anything about Neon, so there's no real reason for so much pressure to be on him, especially since he's said nothing, and there's a chance that CrackFox and GliscorMan will not remove their votes.

Ooooooh :eek: that actually makes sense now that I think about it *writes down* I'm still learning things out so thanks for that piece of info.

If you wrote it down, then why did you not follow me?

I wanted to hear Borealis's defence before doing anything. While you are right that waiting for something to happen isn't the best course of action, I at least want to hear what he has to say before deciding on suspecting him or not.

I noticed that you liked HumanDawn's post with the first vote for Neon, but didn't say anything. Care to share your thoughts @Flonne; ?

There wasn't really much to say at the time, so I didn't see the point in a filler post; I'd only liked it since I completely agreed with Human on the D1 lynch debate, but now... I still don't really know, but as Zima said, I really don't like how quickly Gliscor and CrackFox jumped on the bandwagon, especially since they... didn't really add anything of their own whatsoever.

But Gliscor bothers me more, since asking why we shouldn't lynch him, D1 of all times, is kind of... You really can't come up with a defense D1, when nothing's even happened yet, no alliances have been formed, there's been no real discussion, etc.. I dunno, it's like Gliscor's trying to give the illusion of giving the chance for Neon to defend himself so he could say that he tried to give Neon a chance to defend himself when (the whole argument I'm trying to form relies on Neon not being mafia) Neon flipped town/indep, when it wasn't really any chance at all. Like, he could try to say that he tried to generate discussion and possibly stop Neon's lynch, should he come up with a decent defense, but... it just doesn't work that way on D1. And it's not like Gliscor was asking Neon to give his FOSes or townreads or anything--he just asked, hey, what've you done that should convince us to not lynch you? And, well, obviously, that's an invalid question.

To be honest, it could even go under rolefishing, since a defense D1 (and no offense) would just about amount up to roleclaiming, unless Neon tried to fight off his lynch with the quick half-bandwagon, but it was only two people who jumped on without much reason, and relying on statistics alone, it's not very likely that either/both of them are mafia.

You saw that GliscorMan and CrackFox quickly voted for Neon Borealis along with Human, right? I have a feeling that one or the other is scum.

We don't know anything about Neon, so there's no real reason for so much pressure to be on him, especially since he's said nothing, and there's a chance that CrackFox and GliscorMan will not remove their votes.

Saying that I am in favour for lynching on D1 isn't just in theory, I mean in practice, if we all vote randoms that wont happen and that is what me and a few others are trying to avoid. There's always a risk when jumping on a bandwagon but if no one does that, there wont be a lynch and the chances are the game will stagnate as a result of it. I think it's kinder to vote an inactive player and risk their place in the game over someone is who actively posting and getting involved. Since the choice is random, it seems fairer and if it encourages Neon to speak up and defend himself, of course I will reconsider my vote if persuaded.

I agree that Crackfox and Gliscorman jumping in is something to look at, but I don't think it's anything suspicious. They agree with it and would like to get people to talk, and three votes aren't that many votes either. They want a lynch so they probably won't remove the votes, but I don't think that's suspicious either. What would a bit suspicious is if he responded and, and they saw the post and said nothing about it, although I don't think that would matter if he flipped Mafia if he ended up being lynched. I think I can understand where you're getting the feeling, although if you look at it from another view, it could also mean that they just wanted a lynch like me.

Notice the number of votes on NL. Then notice the number of votes on Neon Borealis. How can we put pressure on someone if the NL votes outnumber votes for them?

Notice the number of votes on NL. Then notice the number of votes on Neon Borealis. How can we put pressure on someone if the NL votes outnumber votes for them?

Ehh... buddy, not to pop your math bubble but... there's 3 votes for me while there's only one for a no Lynch. You are definitively putting some pressure on me.

Anyways, sorry I was absent yesterday. I was out most of the day and I was just able to get to the computer right now.

As for why shouldn't you lynch me, well, I can't say I have a reason while at the same time there's no reason to lynch me either, I mean, I've barely done anything in this game and there's nothing pointing me to either side for now. I guess day one lynching is useful for fishing answers, reactions and roles and thus I ask the same thing to all that voted for me: Why shouldn't we lynch you guys?

Last edited:

Isn't there only like one vote for NL? And like three for Neon? Am I missing something because I think its enough to put pressure on somebody.

I don't know - you seem awfully eager for someone to get lynched GM.

Ehh... buddy, not to pop your math bubble but... there's 3 votes for me while there's only one for a no Lynch. You are definitively putting some pressure on me.

That's his point, with how 3 votes against 1 there's some pressure.

As for why shouldn't you lynch me, well, I can't say I have a reason while at the same time there's no reason to lynch me either, I mean, I've barely done anything in this game and there's nothing pointing me to either side for now. I guess day one lynching is useful for fishing answers, reactions and roles and thus I ask the same thing to all that voted for me: Why shouldn't we lynch you guys?

I think players who are trying to take the game to a direction are ones that have less reason to be lynched than those who don't want the game to be given a direction, which is what the Mafia would want.

You may as well vote somebody else now.

That's his point, with how 3 votes against 1 there's some pressure.

Ahhh... ok, sorry, my bad.

I think players who are trying to take the game to a direction are ones that have less reason to be lynched than those who don't want the game to be given a direction, which is what the Mafia would want.

You may as well vote somebody else now.

Okay your majesty, (XD, sorry, couldn't resist).

Vote: Midorikawa
@Midorikawa; what's your viewpoint in all of this.

UNVOTE: Neon Borealis
VOTE: Midorikawa

@FinalArcadia; May I be subbed out? I feel I won't be able to play for a long enough time that this would be warranted.

I'm getting kind of frustrated.

Why are you guys voting for the people that are offline? They can't defend themselves. -_-

You might as well try getting information out of people who can. Saying nothing on Day one is a thing, you know. :p

But they will get online eventually and shit my fingers are numb from the cold weather here. Plus its 48 hours so there's still time(tomorrow's lynch day iirc). Is there perhaps a quiet person that is online? Sometimes I can't tell since some players have the invisibility mode turned on.

I believe Midori has work so she won't be on until later.

If I die day one because of work I will cry, omg. I don't even have any I dea what's going on nor did I know the mafia started because bmg didn't tell me of FAs mention. I'm at work and shouldn't even be on my phone. I don't get off till nine and haven't read anything except the mention asking me for my thoughts, nothing else in that post other than the vote on me, and the one of after it, and the last two posts, Zima and Ely. thank you two for remembering I have work. I'm working tomorrow again 10-8 EST and I may pass out when I get home because I'm tired. So idk when I'll have time to read the thread or even know why I'm being voted. Idk how many phases have even passed. Seriously I have no idea what's going on and probably won't till Sunday night or Monday unless I manage to stay awake long enough to read tonight assuming the phase doesn't end tonight. I didnt see any update in my scanning for votes on me.

Don't worry, Ari. We're still in the first phase. ^_^

Vote:GliscorMan
"Pressure" or no, you still cast a vote towards Neon which you haven't taken back yet (unless I missed something). Since we like applying pressure, I'll apply some of my own. It seems that you were just trying to take attention off of yourself with your latest post. Is there a reason you haven't taken the vote back yet? @GliscorMan;

I'm getting some minor Town reads from Zima and Elysion, and I like how assertive Pokemaster97 is being.

Unvote: Midorikawa

Not feeling it with her, especially with her claiming it's because of her job and two people backing it up.

VOTE: Insert Name Here

I'd like you to speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom