• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

He proved he deserved it.
Its not about deserving it. 53 episodes in is way too soon, and its only made his development feel rushed now that he's already accomplished such a high achievement only 53 episodes in. They should have at least waited until the last quarter of the series before he even got any.

Last edited:
He proved he deserved it.
I respectfully disagree. The writers made him "deserve it" by rapidly speed running his development in a way where he faced (almost) literally no opposition. And at the cost of sidelining a so called protagonist.

He may have technically "deserved" it but the way he arrived to that point is wildly undeserved for me. I will never agree that he deserved Suicune. It feels wrong to me and I strongly disagree with you passing it around as fact.

He deserved it but he also didn't. He gained Suicune's trust and tried to release it. However it was too early. In EP053 Ash did not have the volcano badge.
We were speaking of the "Goh could catch even Arceus now" comment.

And I respectfully disagree. I have plans on writing a detailed post to controversial opinions on why Goh deserved to catch and keep Suicune.

We were speaking of the "Goh could catch even Arceus now" comment.

And I respectfully disagree. I have plans on writing a detailed post to controversial opinions on why Goh deserved to catch and keep Suicune.
are you looking at it from the context within the episode itself on how Goh cares for Suicune? then on a technical level, what you say makes sense.

but that's about it, that's about where the 'deserving' ends. if you look at the whole picture, the entire scenario leading up to the capture itself has a lot of contrived writing just to create a scenario to justify the capture not to mention the rushed or half-hearted development so far. if your lengthy post only talks about details about goh taking care of suicune rather than how the entire situation seems contrived and enabled in the first place to even put suicune in the compromising position, which automatically gets negated by details in the same episode itself, then it's going to be weak.

if something good is built up due to something bad, that something good is nothing more than a lie, an illusion, a farce.

Last edited:
is it an over-exaggeration when the character is a writer's pet and they might end up with a contrived scenario leading to such a capture? after what's happened so far, i don't think so anymore. pardon me for being jaded and cynical at the same time.
Yes. Yes, it is. I’d rather look at it from a logical perspective rather than a “jaded and cynical” one.

elaborate.

for example, how is the episodic development where every episode is pretty much its own thing and disconnected from the larger narrative which leads to jankiness with actual plot related episodes, the development of multiple characters or plot progression being rushed or even off-screen etc. is "subjective and speculative"
I’m not interested in yet another long drawn out argument about why people are allowed to enjoy the series. It’s honestly exhausting how some people insist that their opinion on how awful JN is is objectively correct.

Look, anything is possible. But not everything is likely. Claiming that Goh could catch Arceus (I can’t believe we’re really arguing this lol...) is just a slippery slope argument stemming from your distaste for things he’s done in the past. But if you want to angrily shake your fist at the sky over unlikely hypotheticals, I can’t stop you. I just think a line should be drawn somewhere over what’s reasonable.

so basically, you had no valid counter-arguments left.

and i was talking about the doylian stuff regarding JN primarily and not what's within the show itself alone, you can't possibly tell me that their bad planning of the series and wasting potential is purely subjective and how i am wrong about it. back to the Arceus stuff; at this point if they want, they can have Goh catch Arceus after coming up with a contrived scenario to weaken it and what not. it's pretty much possible, that's how low things have fallen.
Lightning Flame Blast put it perfectly. I have plenty of counter-arguments, I’m just not interested in rehashing them for the upteenth time just because you’re trying to convince me that Goh could...catch Arceus. What is it going to accomplish?

There is a difference between calmly critiquing the series for what it is and making bleak assumptions about future episodes and the writing staff out of frustration.

Back
Top Bottom