• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Community Day announced: a monthly event featuring Pokémon with exclusive moves

omahanime

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Introducing Pokémon GO Community Day! - Pokémon GO

Introducing Pokémon GO Community Day!
Trainers,

We’re incredibly excited to announce Pokémon GO Community Day–a monthly worldwide event dedicated to celebrate you, the Trainers in the Pokémon GO community.

What is Pokémon GO Community Day?
Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.

Once a month, we’ll host a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which will appear frequently around the world for just a few hours. When caught during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses will be in effect during the event, such as increased XP or Stardust, and Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.

We’re constantly blown away by the passion of Pokémon GO players around the world, and we hope that each Pokémon GO Community Day will help add to the excitement of local events and meetups. Remember always to be alert and stay safe while playing and to be respectful of public spaces when exploring your community. Stay tuned to our social media channels and check out the Pokémon GO Community Day event page each month to learn about that month’s featured Pokémon, special bonuses, and event times.

Celebrate the first Pokémon GO Community Day on January 20, 2018
Mark your calendars, Trainers. The first Pokémon GO Community Day will take place on January 20, 2018, and it features Pikachu! Explore your local parks with family and friends to catch Pikachu that know the exclusive event move Surf. While you’re out exploring your local parks and making new friends, you’ll also earn double XP during event hours.

See below for event hours in your region:
The Asia-Pacific region: January 20, 2018, from 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. JST (GMT +9)
Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: January 20, 2018, from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC (GMT +0)
The Americas and Greenland: January 20, 2018, from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PST (GMT -8)

While you’re out celebrating Pokémon GO Community Day with fellow Trainers, be sure to share your experiences on your favorite social media channels with the hashtag #PokemonGOCommunityDay. We can’t wait to hear about all the new memories you’ll be making while playing Pokémon GO at Community Day events!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like this has potential, but because of the weather I'm curious how successful it will be. While the double stardust and experience is nice, slogging through the cold and snow is not haha. I'm personally not super interested in PIkachu with surf either, but they could easily bring in some big Pokemon later on.

PREPARATION:
>Get 160 Coins and use them to buy 2 Lucky Eggs just before the event begins. That's the very easy part, will be done with it tomorrow. I've already got the Incense, and others will cover for Lures.
>Get a bigger stock of Poke Balls/Berries, at the expense of other items in my Bag storage. A bit grindy and boring, but still easy.
>Decide which spot I'll stay at for the 3 hours alongside my offline friends after coordinating accordingly with the entire local community. That's the hard part that might actually not get set in stone until mere hours before the event... we've got 3 major contenders: seaside park, city centre park, city centre square.

EVENT PROPER:
Part I : the first 30 minutes

Pop the first Lucky Egg.
Mass evolve the 75ish evolvable Pokemon I've kept in storage, a vast majority of which are 12-Candy evolutions, within the 30 minutes of the Lucky Egg's duration.
>GOAL: At least 150.000 XP
Transfer all middle stages afterwards.

Part II: the two hours in the middle
Pop 4 Incense in rapid succession (got enough thanks to the Special Box I've bought before).
Catch as many Pokemon as possible while double XP is active, with the help of the Incense and the X Lured PokeStops (X depends on the farming spot).
>GOAL: Catch at least one Pikachu with Surf, best CP/IV combination possible.

Part III: the final 30 minutes*
*unless I manage to catch 75 brand new evolvable Pokemon earlier within Part II, in which case III will intervene and I'll get back to II until event end.

Pop the second Lucky Egg.
Evolve as many as possible Pokemon I've caught during the event (I've been saving up the Candy for events like this), within the 30 minutes of the Lucky Egg's duration.
>IDEAL GOAL: 150.000 more XP, but I'm not sure 75 brand new evolvable Pokemon is attainable within 2 hours.

AFTER:
Transfer the new bunch of evolved Pokemon.
Perhaps stay around for some more Lures, Raids (if we haven't done those earlier), post-event commentary, whatever. It'll be a busy Saturday noon, doubt we'll just drop it off immediately after it's over.

---
My general thoughts on the event is that unfortunately, as a standalone, it's nothing too major. It'll only last 3 hours, sure it'll be a great time to play and have fun, but it's quite different from the events we've had before. Pikachu with Surf is a nice collectible, 300k XP and a chance to empty my storage again is cool... but still not really much. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for it and will enjoy it to the fullest; I've just accepted it's not a really big thing that will last long or anything like that.

At least if we get it every month it'll be cool. Please let February's not be in that one weekend I'll be visiting my parents in my hometown, though!

Left work early to go to a local park that a lot from Discord were hitting. Got 1 shiny Pikachu. Some people got 3 and saw someone on FB got 6. Seemed like a lot of Pikachu for an hour or 2 then barely any the 3rd hour. Someone posted a pic on FB of a Pokestop with about 10-15 Pikachu around it. Most I saw at once was 3.

Bonus: On Saturday it was 50 degrees where I am which was nice as last week was about 10.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom