• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

Assuming that LGPE Blue doesn't beat him to the punch.

Right now my biggest concern is if the player must use Pikachu.

Assuming that LGPE Blue doesn't beat him to the punch.

Right now my biggest concern is if the player must use Pikachu.
I'm iffy with it. Especially when Sword and Shield is going to be released later this year. I hope this mobile game, despite being non-canon, isn't GF's excuse for a Post Game?

Thorton and Palmer were unexpected, but it's good to see someone acknowledges the frontier brains exist for once. I wonder if they'll acknowledge the existence of the Emerald frontier brains, given that they weren't in ORAS.

There's also a few popular characters that I'm suprised weren't included in the roster thus far. I guess they need to save some for later updates as incentive for people to spend more...

I like almost everything about this game sofar. :bulbaLove:

I only have one concern about Pokémon Masters: will it be an online-dependant game that cannot be played offline, and will get discontinued in the future when they stop supporting the servers? Or will it be an offline game?

Because I feel like I am getting attached to this game and its whole premise, but I don't want to get attached to a game if I won't be able to play it after some years.

It's my general rule of thumb: don't play Pokémon games that are "temporary".

Last edited:
Just like the newer Digimon World games, instead of dubbing it, they would rely only on the Japanese dub.
I do think it's possible that they could still dub it as it doesn't say anywhere (as of now anyway) that it'll have Japanese audio only. This is TPCI/Nintendo after all, not Bamco where they do f-all for many anime games dub-wise unless it's Dragon Ball or Naruto.

One thing that I'm curious about in this game is the prospect of evolution. We've seen promotional art with Rosa and Serperior, but so far in-game we've only been shown her with Snivy. Is there some way to evolve it? Will it evolve into Service first or just become Serperior as like a "powered-up sync pair?" Same goes for Barry being shown with Piplup (also, that slightly bothers me, I've always headcanon thought that Barry has Chimchar) and Brendan with Treecko. Cuz other characters don't have unevolved Pokemon, like Misty and her Starmie.

Another thing I'm curious about is some gym leaders' signature Pokemon. Like, take Roxanne. Her signature is Nosepass, but it has gained an evolution since her debut, so in her battles in the PWT she uses Probopass. Assuming she makes an appearance, which will she have?

Gah, I keep ending up with more questions in my head. I also noticed Tate and Liza in the trailer (just their art, no in-game footage). Will they be considered one trainer? Split up like the PWT? If together, what's their Pokemon? Too many questions. I guess I shouldn't worry too much about these things.

bored, let's make a checklist. bold is confirmed

Red
Blue

Green
Brock
Misty

Lt. Surge
Erika
Koga
Janine
Sabrina
Blaine
Giovanni
Lorelei

Bruno
Agatha
Lance
Prof. Oak

Chase
Elaine
Trace

Kris
Ethan
Lyra
Silver

Falkner
Bugsy
Whitney

Morty
Chuck
Jasmine
Pryce
Clair
Will

Karen
Archer
Ariana

Petrel
Proton
Eusine
Prof. Elm

Brendan
May
Wally
Roxanne
Brawly
Wattson
Flannery
Norman
Winona
Liza
Tate

Wallace
Juan
Sidney
Phoebe
Glacia
Drake
Steven
Anabel
Spenser
Noland
Lucy
Brandon
Greta
Tucker
Archie
Shelly
Matt
Maxie
Tabitha
Courtney
Zinnia
Aarune
Lisia
Prof. Birch

Lucas
Dawn
Barry
Roark
Gardenia
Maylene
Wake
Fantina

Byron
Candice
Volkner
Aaron
Bertha
Flint
Lucian
Cynthia
Palmer
Thorton

Dahlia
Darach
Argenta
Cyrus
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Charon?
Looker?
Cheryl
Buck
Mira
Riley
Marley
Prof. Rowan

Hilbert
Hilda

Nate
Rosa
Cheren

Bianca
Hugh
Chili
Cress
Cilan

Lenora
Burgh
Elesa
Clay
Skyla
Brycen
Drayden
Iris
Roxie
Marlon
Shauntal
Grimsley
Caitlin

Marshal
Alder
Benga
Ingo
Emmet
N
Ghetsis
Colress
Zinzolin
The Shadow Triad
Prof. Juniper
Fennel?

Calem
Serena
Shauna
Tierno
Trevor
Viola
Grant
Korrina
Ramos
Clemont
Valerie
Olympia
Wulfric
Malva
Siebold
Wikstrom

Drasna
Diantha
Nita
Evelyn
Dana
Morgan
Lysandre
Aliana
Bryony
Celosia
Mable
Xerosic
Emma
AZ
Prof. Sycamore

Elio
Selene
Hau
Lillie
Gladion

Ilima
Lana
Kiawe
Mallow
Sophocles
Acerola
Mina

Hala
Olivia
Nanu
Hapu
Molayne
Kahili
Guzma
Plumeria
Lusamine
Faba
Wicke?
Phyco
Soliera
Dulse
Zossie
Ryuki
Prof. Kukui
Prof. Burnet

any other important characters I left out?

Last edited:
Serebii stated tht this game is Gen 8, when it is clearly meant to be a Gen 7 game, unless next year they would add in the Galar Characters such as Leon, Milo or Nessa. Guess we'll have to wait till Sword and Shield comes out.

My big complaint with this is what's up with Red's outfit? Everyone else gets to keep their original outfits, but Red has to wear that stupid trench coat? I'm assuming it's supposed to be his champion wear but...I just don't like it.

Everything else seems neat though. As far as mobile games, it looks great.

What I find interesting is that designs are all over the place. Misty wears her Let's Go design, Lorelei and Erika is in their Fire Red/Leaf Green design, and Brock and Blue are in their Heart Gold/Soul Silver designs. Red gets a new design probably meant to be his design circa HG/SS, and Sabrina's design could be Let's Go or FR/LG...they're very similar and I can't tell from that one image.

My biggest question that has gone unanswered (as far as I'm aware) is that I'm wondering how gacha heavy these games would be? If it's to the point of being p2w, then that kills a lot of my excitement for these games. If it truly is an optional thing and you can get through the entire game without needing to shell out a bunch of money for OP trainers, then that's fine with me.

I mean, I say this, but I really want Cynthia as part of my team, so...

"Pay to win" is silly anyway, because it's actually "Pay to crank the gatcha machine and pray that the 20 dollars you just spent actually will give you something you want."

A lot of gatcha games offer in-game currency though, usually won in story and limited events, that can be used in place of real money. I only ever use that and I'm content with it.

Yeah, I never played Gacha Games, and I don't think I will if it means spending money. I've already got Go, so what's the point?

I imagine, honestly, that the intent is for 'everyone' to be here. Like, we'll get all of the Protagonists, Rivals, Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champions for sure...as well as, I'd say, all of the evil Admins and Leaders, too (probably as recruitable allies against these new villains). Cheryl, Palmer and Thorton suggest to me that the Stat Trainers and the Frontier Brains are in - the Sinnoh ones, anyway.

Brendan, what happened to you?

Why is your head so tall?

What I find interesting is that designs are all over the place. Misty wears her Let's Go design, Lorelei and Erika is in their Fire Red/Leaf Green design, and Brock and Blue are in their Heart Gold/Soul Silver designs. Red gets a new design probably meant to be his design circa HG/SS, and Sabrina's design could be Let's Go or FR/LG...they're very similar and I can't tell from that one image.
Maybe they’ll be pulled from across time and space but you won’t learn that until later on in the story (assuming Pokémon Masters has one, of course).

Back
Top Bottom