• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Mechanics: Paralysis and Confusion

Flare's flash

Needed when stranded
Reaction score
This is an informational Thread about the status condition Paralysis/Confusion.
There will be 2 scenarios,each hidden by a spoiler tag.
I didn't know where to put this,as this pattern is in all Generations.

Paralysis/Confusion is annoying,isn't it?The move needed to defeat the next gym leader was prevented by that same status.However,did you notice a pattern in the times of Paralysis/Confusion,or did you take it as a 1/3 chance(Paralysis is 1/3 chance,not Confusion)?
A Pidgey here will be used as an example.

Scenario 1
Move Paralysis
Pidgey LVL 13
Moves:
Tackle
Sand-Attack
Gust
Quick Attack

Now,one of these moves is under paralysis!
:confused:
OK,I'll explain.
One of these moves will constantly make you effected by Paralysis 3 times in a row!On the 4th time,you will use the move,but I highly suggest you don't try that.With Confusion,you'll just constantly hit yourself.

Scenario 2
Patterns!
Now the same Pidgey is under Paralysis,but it has a pattern.
It goes like this:

Move
Paralyze/Confusion
or
Paralyze/Confusion
Move
or
Move
Move
*Effect*
or
*Effect*
Move
Move
or
*Effect*
*Effect*
Move
or
Move
*Effect*
*Effect*
You get the Idea anyway.

Please tell me if Paralysis chance is 1/4 or 1/3.
Was this helpful in any way?

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom