• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon special to air on April 12th on Pokemon Sunday

Mystery Dungeon wouldn't be popular enough for a regular series, but a few specials about it now and then would be ok.

I wouldn't expect a full series (I mean, since the plot is kinda limited). But perhaps a mini-series that would go along the plot. Either that, or, like I said in my last post, a manga would be awesome.

I think it's rediculus how many pokemon ranger specials they've had including a movie and its not even that popular

Last edited:
I think it's rediculus how many pokemon reanger specials they've had including a movie and its not even that popular

What's a "reanger?" (incredibly amused because there is an old man in Shadows of Almia that calls them "Arrangers")

As far as I know, the Ranger games have done quite well, so you're wrong.

What's a "reanger?" (incredibly amused because there is an old man in Shadows of Almia that calls them "Arrangers")

As far as I know, the Ranger games have done quite well, so you're wrong.

Still, I don't think they've done as well as the Mystery Dungeon games. It's not hard to see why. The Mystery Dungeon games are different from other games in that you are the Pokemon. Not to mention they have the best overall storyline of any Pokemon game. Really, I would love to see a PMD movie.

...Great, I'm turning into a PMD freak. Again.

Still, I don't think they've done as well as the Mystery Dungeon games. It's not hard to see why. The Mystery Dungeon games are different from other games in that you are the Pokemon. Not to mention they have the best overall storyline of any Pokemon game. Really, I would love to see a PMD movie.

...Great, I'm turning into a PMD freak. Again.

You're absolutely right though, so don't be too sad about turning back into a PMD freak. THe PMD games DO have the best stories.

Sushi over at SPPf says that Izumi Shimura is the animation director for the special, so I guess they didn't have as big a budget this time around. Still looks set to be good, regardless.

Sushi over at SPPf says that Izumi Shimura is the animation director for the special, so I guess they didn't have as big a budget this time around. Still looks set to be good, regardless.

Even with Shimura, the screenshots seem to do a good job reflecting the game. That was one of the things I liked about the last special, especially when it came to Treasure Town.

Whoa, looks like they're going all the way to the end of the game. o_O Didn't expect that. So if this going to be thirty minutes or more? Oh my Arceus, if this is done correctly, it could be absolutely heartbreaking. ;_; Hmm, I want to see animated Primal Dialga.

Now watch those pictures actually be from the opening.

And yes, a mini-series would have been nice. Maybe it'll be a possibilty for MD3, whenever that comes out. (And by "MD3" I do not mean Sky, as that's more like "MD2.5".)

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom