• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go-Getters Out of the Gate!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
mysterydungeonspecial.jpg

Pic from Bulbagarden Archives.

PUSA Special 2: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Team Go-Getters Out Of The Gate!

Squirtle! Squirt!

Last edited:
It's a shame that this is going to be overshadowed by the premier of season nine. It looks interesting.

I would at least ask those that get to watch it whether the ending sets up further "Mystery Dungeon" episodes or if it is a definate one-off.

Medicham, Gengar, and Ekans are in it as I saw them in a commerical for it.

Sweet, those Pokemon are cool. Their was a funny scene wheir Medicham like has a looks of sheer "WTFness" on it's face.

Ya I notice the voice thing to. Also I like the captioning its like your playing the game in way. So far the voices are cool.

I'm not talking about the text on the screen, I mean the closed captioning, like how a deaf person would watch the show. Know what I mean?

And they just identified Ekans as Arbok. I thought it was just the captioners at first, but then they said it in DIALOGUE.

Ah, but there's a problem: not a single Pokémon can evolve until the end of the main story.

haha Ekans isn't Arbok, but hey I guess we all make mistakes right?
Professionals shouldn't make mistakes like that. Someone should have caught it at some point in production since it would have been in the script every time Ekans said or did something.

Professionals shouldn't make mistakes like that. Someone should have caught it at some point in production since it would have been in the script every time Ekans said or did something.

It's somewhat forgivable for 4Kids to make a mistake like this because they only dubbed the show. However, PUSA handles the entire franchise in this country---meaning they have no excuse to do something that honestly is very stupid.

It does give weight to Maddie's claim that PUSA did the Trainer's Choices for 4Kids, though.

I did indeed say that Pikachu should have a squeaky mouse voice, though it was over a messenger just to clarify.

I'm not watching the special, to be honest. I'm still too much of an emotional wreck over the new dub thing. I'm just commenting on the things Blackjack tells me. ^^o

I would have love to see the orignal cast talking with these voices though....I know that's Kaiyze Rodgers that does Squirtle...geeze does she do any other voice besides her "Joe" voice?

Arbo (which was in the Japanese script must have gotten mixed up with Arbok) is more understandable than others.

It said to be continued...

Yes, yes it did.

Very interesting episode to say the least. Can't say it was bad since it's one of a
kind but I don't really have any bad comments anyways.

to be continued...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom