• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Season 4 (Dub) OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy BOTH versions of both Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!

uncutpokemon, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You're here bashing us for the type of music we like. I'd tell you to shut up, but I'm not gonna stoop down to your level.

If you want my honest opinion, here's my comparison of the dub VS. original for Pokémon:

Pokémon Theme = Mezase Pokémon Master - They're both nice classics that are also very catchy.

Pokémon World PWNS Rival! - Pokémon World is catchy, while Rival is an annoying song, but I'm not gonna diss you for liking it.

Pokémon Johto > OK! - Although I liked "OK! (Instrumental)" better than Pokémon Johto, it wasn't used as an opening. I still think the lyrical version of "OK!" is "OK!" by my standards. (XD XD XD I made a really bad pun are you gonna flame me?)

Born To Be A Winner > Mezase Pokémon Master 2001 - I like both, but Born To Be A Winner is better...

Believe In Me > Ready Go! - While I like both, "Believe In Me" was more super special awesome than Ready Go!

I Wanna Be A Hero = Advance Adventure - Both awesome.

This Dream PWNS Challenger! - I...HATE...Challenger! I heard it once and that was it, I didn't want it stuck in my head...then I heard it a second time because my youngest brother was getting into the Japanese music...I frekain' skip the song when I watch Japanese Pokémon.

Unbeatable > Pokémon Symphonic Melody - While the Japanese song is okay, Unbeatable is better.

Unbeatable = Battle Frontier - They're both great.

Battle Frontier = Spurt! - Once again, I like both a lot.

Diamond and Pearl = Together - Kill me now, I said it. I like both.

ok look when judging anime i have what i call a 10 point scale to determine how good a job the dubbers did so lets see how many points the dubs of pokemon and YGO get, first i'll say what the 10 points are:

1. is the Japanese opening/ending kept? (note that dubbing the song in English, or using the Karaoke version are both acceptable as well)
2. is all the BGM kept? (like above rule dubbing vocal songs is ok)
3. is it free of unnecessary name changes? (only changes that are allowed are ones that would be a religious offense like Mr.Satin in DBZ)
4. are the voices good? (they don't have to be perfect, just not annoying and full of bad accents on a regular basis)
5. is it free of unnecessary edits? (only removing things like blood and violence TV standards, and nothing else. also not being sloppy)
6. free of Americanization? (rice balls left intact, Ramen being called either noodles or Ramen, NOT PASTA)
7. uncut bilingual DVDs available or being released?
8. are all episodes being dubbed and released to public? (no episodes skipped, or pasted together)
9. did they put it on at a decent time slot? (IE not putting a show like One Piece on Saturday mornings)
10. is the script close to the original, and free of lame puns being added in for no reason?

now lets rate pokemon and YGO here, first pokemon:

1. no, all openings/endings replaced.
2. no, some some of it is, but not enough to count.
3. no, very few are kept. i'll admit it was more the doing of Nintendo but still no.
4. if you asked me i would say no, but since most fans like them, i'll give it to them.
5. no, text on signs erased, even the English text, rice ball changed to sandwich, etc...
6. yeah right, i doubt i need to explain this one.
7. no
8. no, other then the porigon episode which i'm not going to count due to 4kids never getting it, they skipped several other episodes, and i don't want to hear excuses.
9. i guess so.
10. dream on.

for pokemon they scored 2/10 thats a bad dub in my book, now to prove my point lets rate YGO:

1. no, crappy dub song with barely any words used instead.
2. no, all music replaced.
3. no, few names kept.
4. no, i don't like them.
5. no, can you say Shadow realm? or invisible guns?
6. no, i really can't say that.
7. no, they stopped after 3 DVDs.
8. no, entire 1st season skipped, and don't want to hear any excuses for this, they skipped it on purpose.
9. no, YGO does not belong on Saturday mornings.
10. no, plots changed, bad puns (you don't stand a ghost of a chance) over used, inaccurate lines.

so YGO scored a 0/10 making it even worse. unless there's anything i say that you disagree with. and just for the record, all these things are things that good dubs like Naruto, FMA, Inuyasha and such would pretty much score a 10/10 on, possibly a 9/10 if you didn't like the voices at all.

That's a terrible rating system dude. And some of them don't make sense. You don't want excuses? You're just saying that because you don't want to listen to something you hate! The Safari Zone episode was skipped because the warden used the guns WAY too much. If they DID dub it, you'd bet that they'd edit it out, but it would be too much work. The Ice Cave was skipped because of the Jynx/racism problem. Shaking Island Battle was banned everywhere and was never aired. Also, season 1 of Yu-Gi-Oh! couldn't be dubbed because of licensing problems, so 4kids wasn't able to get it. And Naruto is NOT a perfect dub. Hell no. Are you telling me that the original Naruto anime had Naruto say "Believe it!" all the time?

The last few pages of this topic have been dumb. But on the dub intro discussions, everything since Advanced Challenge has been going rapidly downhill in quality - with the new D/P dub intro being ludicrously bad to a silly degree.

The classics are still fantastic though, though the original Pokemon theme is forever ruined for me by idiots that film themselves 'miming' to it and put it on Youtube.

I like all the Japanese intros, however. Though some of them took a while to grow on me. My favourites would probably be OK, Spurt, Advance Adventure and Symphonic Medley.

Favourite Dub theme? Probably Born to Be a Winner.

Are you telling me that the original Naruto anime had Naruto say "Believe it!" all the time?

Um yeah, he said "Dattabeyo" WAY MORE which is basically the same thing.

But the Naruto dub is pretty damn good, definately better then Yugioh's hands down, and possibly even Pokemon's. It's not perfect, but probably one of the least edited Anime airing on mainstream.

Um yeah, he said "Dattabeyo" WAY MORE which is basically the same thing.

I was told Dattabeyo had a different meaning. Regardless, Naruto is not the perfect anime, and if you think it is, that makes you a Narutard.

But the Naruto dub is pretty damn good, definately better then Yugioh's hands down, and possibly even Pokemon's. It's not perfect, but probably one of the least edited Anime airing on mainstream.

I'm not saying it's bad. I like Naruto. But I'm not overly obsessed over it, and it's not 100% perfect.

I didn't say perfect anime 0.o, but the dub is definately a higher quality then anything 4kids churned out. I don't even think that's a debate.

I didn't say perfect anime 0.o, but the dub is definately a higher quality then anything 4kids churned out. I don't even think that's a debate.

I didn't say that you did, and it is pretty good. What annoys me are the annoying fanboys/fangirls claiming it to be the best anime in the world. :sweat:

Why'd you bring that in the thread in the first place?

no no no, i don't think it's a perfect dub, just a decent dub, i'll admit my points system has some flaws, but most of the things being asked of are not so unreasonable. and yeah as several have stated already, Naruto says "Dattebayo" in the Japanese, believe it doesn't directly mean the same thing, but dattebayo doesn't mean anything. i guess if i were to be more accurate with Naruto it would get more of a 9.5 since the voices are ok but not great. either way Naruto dub >>>>>> pokemon dub and YGO dub put together!

no no no, i don't think it's a perfect dub, just a decent dub, i'll admit my points system has some flaws, but most of the things being asked of are not so unreasonable. and yeah as several have stated already, Naruto says "Dattebayo" in the Japanese, believe it doesn't directly mean the same thing, but dattebayo doesn't mean anything. i guess if i were to be more accurate with Naruto it would get more of a 9.5 since the voices are ok but not great. either way Naruto dub >>>>>> pokemon dub and YGO dub put together!

I still prefer Pokemon more though, all the same. Anyways, that points system is extremely flawed. 2/10? 0/10? Come on. That's just ridiculous. Not to mention, neither Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! skipped episodes, or if they were, it was impossible to show them.

I still prefer Pokemon more though, all the same. Anyways, that points system is extremely flawed. 2/10? 0/10? Come on. That's just ridiculous. Not to mention, neither Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh! skipped episodes, or if they were, it was impossible to show them.

i did not say that they had to air the episodes, i just said they have to be dubbed and released to public. they could have by now put the Dratini episode on DVD, i heard they dubbed it, not to mention the reason it just has to be made publicly available is because if not then any anime that goes direct to DVD would lose a point just for that. as for the Jynx episode, dub it anyway, it's not really a stereotype, that was just some dumb accusation made by some jealous bitch who wanted to cancel the show at all costs. as for the barbroach episode,it doesn't count like the Porigon one due to not being given to them. as far as the 0/10 and 2/10 thing, can you honestly say any of the things i said about the dubs are false? not keeping the music, and shoving bad jokes everywhere makes it lose lots of points! is there anything in the point scale that you think should be different by chance? and wait when you say you prefer pokemon do you mean you like the show better, or you mean you think it's a better dub? if it's the first one that's fine by me, weird but still thats cool. if it's the 2nd then please lay off the drugs!

i did not say that they had to air the episodes, i just said they have to be dubbed and released to public.

Uh, no they don't. If they wanted to, they could've just stopped dubbing at the end of Kanto. I get the feeling that you don't know how VHS/DVD releases work.

they could have by now put the Dratini episode on DVD, i heard they dubbed it, not to mention the reason it just has to be made publicly available is because if not then any anime that goes direct to DVD would lose a point just for that.

It can't be released on air, VHS, or DVD because the episode is too violent. Are you saying that you want a PG-13 Pokemon anime?

as for the Jynx episode, dub it anyway, it's not really a stereotype, that was just some dumb accusation made by some jealous bitch who wanted to cancel the show at all costs.

LOL! You're not serious right? Please tell me you're not serious, otherwise your IQ just plummeted to 0 and you're making yourself look like a racist.

as far as the 0/10 and 2/10 thing, can you honestly say any of the things i said about the dubs are false? not keeping the music, and shoving bad jokes everywhere makes it lose lots of points! is there anything in the point scale that you think should be different by chance?

Your point system is so flawed, that it's pointless. You don't like the pun? Well, tough. You don't like jokes? Too bad. And who cares if a song is not kept, it doesn't ruin the entire anime. I like some of 4kids music, and sometimes, they fit the situation better.

and wait when you say you prefer pokemon do you mean you like the show better, or you mean you think it's a better dub? if it's the first one that's fine by me, weird but still thats cool. if it's the 2nd then please lay off the drugs!

I consider them to be equally good pretty much. And dude, after all you've said, I'm afraid you're the one who's on drugs.

This topic got very retarded very quickly.

Wherever uncutpokemon goes, there is bound to be retardation.

I don't think the Dratini episode was PG-13 Material...

Okay, here's what I've decided.

Since the 3 of you continued this on for so long without any intent to cut this shit out, i've awarded 5 infractions -

1 to uncutpokemon for trolling
1 to Habunake for flaming
and 1 each to all of you for participating in this crap.

on a side note - Doctor Oak should feel lucky he's not getting points, I don't approve of minimodding in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom