• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean with the accessibility of all Pokemon games at the moment and integration of virtual console, the need for a remake might be less and less.
But I guess a remake would be better than virtual console, and sell a lot more as-
1. With VC, you play the same game over, but remakes have that new appeal.
2. Remakes allow the potential of the concerned game to be explored, look how well distortion world and 3D tie in! (writing this suddenly gave me the thought of Ultra Space in virtual reality, in the futuristic period when we're in for Alola Remakes)
3. Remakes can improve the game a lot, I've seen a lot of people who like the changes ORAS brought to Hoenn.

Or because it is really just $$$$$$$$$ and people are suckers for anything that is somewhat 'new'. That's how Apple thrives. I mean to me why would I waste money on ORAS when I can play Ruby.

Here with Stars. It's a lot diff since it is essentially a console. But still don't see the point of remakes except as a blantant cash grab. Like, you're spending what? $50 on a game with some new things of a game that you have and can play on the DS which I bet people here have along with the 3DS. That's a lot of expenditure.

Or because it is really just $$$$$$$$$ and people are suckers for anything that is somewhat 'new'. That's how Apple thrives. I mean to me why would I waste money on ORAS when I can play Ruby.

Here with Stars. It's a lot diff since it is essentially a console. But still don't see the point of remakes except as a blantant cash grab. Like, you're spending what? $50 on a game with some new things of a game that you have and can play on the DS which I bet people here have along with the 3DS. That's a lot of expenditure.

Why would you like to play ORAS when you could play ruby?
This question or a statement is rather opinionated... but let's answer it from a regular consumer's perspective.
1. Would a new copy of ruby be easy to get?
Nope.
So, why would the user spend the effort to look up ruby cartridges when a shiny new ORAS with extra features is there for them?

2. Also, some people just don't want to play old school. The graphics for anything pre-DS were too bad when compared to a 3D model.
20081115164654%21Spr_3r_026.png
vs
Spr_6x_026_m.png

Which would the average consumer prefer? Most of them will prefer the second one.

3. Some people may just be too young to have been alive during the RSE era, and would just take the remakes without bothering.

And, like, all the extra features that ORAS has over RS is crazy. Not to mention all the new Pokemon, all the new and improved mechanics, the new locations, and even an additional postgame storyline (Delta Episode).

Fun fact: I decided to play Emerald on my GBA yesterday and explore some of the water routes, and I had forgotten that I didn´t have any Repels on. It was just outrageous. There was a Tentacool stopping me every 5 seconds. Whereas in the ORAS water routes, I often forget that I am not even using a repel. Tha encounter rate is that much improved.

Last edited:
In my opinion, I don't think this idea is not going to be scrapped, they said "it's in development" after sun and moon was release, it have some evidences and hints toward stars, Z on the other hand, didn't have any evidences or hints towards it, it's just speculation from thew fans that wanted to happen, just like they pokemon grey (which it didn't happen also because of the same thing, but instead we got Black 2 and White 2), so if they said it's in development there is a chance we'll get stars.

I'm still wandering about "pokedaringu" trademark name, I looked up daring, it means "adventurous or audaciously bold". the one adventurous contain something from "pokemon mystery dungeon", so is it likely that pokedaringu is a trademark for pokemon mystery dungeon, what do you think? if you want to talk about it go to here Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in Generation 7 Discussion

I hope that PokeDaringu is a new sort of spinoff. We've had so many Mystery Dungeons already. Let's give that series a break for a while.

They make good games, exceedingly excellent portable consoles, and the occasional home console worth speaking of. But when it comes to keeping promises like this, they have all of the credibility of Bernie Madoff insisting he's not running a Ponzi scheme. It might be true this time, but I'm not going to take the risk until I see the result.
Skeptical about Virtual Console of all things? It's easy money with very little effort involved...

Last edited:
Skeptical about Virtual Console of all things? It's easy money with very little effort involved...

"Easy money with very little effort involved" describes half the projects Nintendo has dropped for no good reason.

I could see that as a good reply if it were any other developer on the planet. But unfortunately, it's Nintendo. I learned a long time ago logic doesn't exist where it comes to how they make some of their decisions.

And the part that gets my attention? No one refuted that about Nintendo the last time I stated it.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think that "stars" will not be the first pokemon game for switch, because of this ‘Pokemon Stars’ News Update: Players Waiting For Release Date On Nintendo Switch, But Experts Believe It Could Be A Different ‘Pokemon’ Game, maybe I'm wrong on this one, what do you think?
Not much of an alternative prediction, "something big" is as vague as it gets. I'd rather believe something more concrete like the Stars rumour than this very vague prediction.

Back
Top Bottom