• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me, I mentioned this in another thread already I think, but: GLAMEOW. I've been wanting to use one for forever, but that poor cat has only been in Pearl and White 2, and only in Hidden Grotto's in the latter. Its counterpart Stunky was available in XY, so I kinda expected Glameow to be here now, but nope :(

Its also found on Mirage Islands in OR/AS. but I have a feeling that the absense of the two regional counterparts might imply Sinnoh Remakes more than Stars, especially considering a precedence for one part of version exclusives in their original games would appear without their counterpart, like the aforementioned Stunky in XY or Sableye in SuMo.

back on topic, how would any one feel about having a Black City/White Forest analogues in Stars?

Neither Glameow nor Stunky are exactly popular. Sure, they could be added to Stars, but it isn't a surprise that they weren't included in SM.

Stars should add 100 Pokémon, I'd say. Any new Alola forms pretty much need to be new additions to the Pokédex, but there will most likely be 20 new forms at best.

Ralts and its evolutions. Only, with special Alolan regional forms.
Not happening. Both Gardevoir and Gallade have Mega Evolutions and that is more than enough.

Its also found on Mirage Islands in OR/AS.

That's true, though I meant during the main game really, should've specified that ^^;

Neither Glameow nor Stunky are exactly popular. Sure, they could be added to Stars, but it isn't a surprise that they weren't included in SM.

Fair enough, but I do hope they and more mons that are rarely seen are added to Stars. I get that popular mons will probably sell the game more, but it's sad for the few people who do like those mons but instead have to see things like Riolu again.

Speaking of Glameow and Stunky, they and a few other mons, were excluded from Platinum. I wonder if they'd do that again, would be kinda weird to not have Passimian, Oranguru, Alolan Ninetales, and/or Alolan Sandshrew in the game at all...

I would like to see Woobat. We've already seen Zubat to death. But Woobat has been forgotten.

^This. Though it was also present in XY it seems (I either forgot about it or never met one as they only drop from the ceilings in the caves). There was a lack of Unova and Sinnoh mons in general, both gens are the least represented in SM, so would be nice if Stars could make up for that.

And just...less Diglett and Zubat would be nice in general, they were in every bloody cave, and next to that Diglett was found a lot on routes with dust clouds too :/ And a lot less Pikipek, Yungoos, and Rattate would also be very much appreciated.

There was a lack of Unova and Sinnoh mons in general, both gens are the least represented in SM, so would be nice if Stars could make up for that.
Sinnoh has more representation (percentage-wise and obviously number-wise) than Kalos does.

Sinnoh has more representation (percentage-wise and obviously number-wise) than Kalos does.

Right, next to Kalos then, but that makes sense since XY was the last main game that wasn't a remake so adding a lot of Pokémon from that game is a bit unecessary. Also, XY had a lot of Pokémon that are also in SM, so in that way Kalos was very much represented :p

The Wii u is 1080 capable.

It's kinda weird when Nintendo systems are so underpowered already and Zelda's been in production so long to have it run so low.

Makes it feel like we're just now getting a game from the ps3 era or something

We all know the Wii U system is able to support 1080p, but Zelda BotW is running this system on 720p.
Nintendo Switch can support 1080p with TV Mode, so this game is running on 900p.

Just get back on topic, Kisu.

I would like to see Woobat. We've already seen Zubat to death. But Woobat has been forgotten.
The creation of Woobat was for the Gen 5 'soft reset'. I don't think we'll be seeing large numbers of them again until at least Gen 8 but more probably the Gen 5 remakes.

I'm REALLY hoping for some new Alolan forms for Pokemon NOT from Kanto. I get why they stuck with Kanto Pokemon for Sun and Moon, but now they need to move on and diversify. Maybe add a few from each of the other regions and call it a day. Supposedly we'll be getting at least 20 "new" monsters. I doubt they're new Pokemon in gernal since it'll be more or less a 3rd version, but new forms is never out of the question. I don't even really care if the new Alolan forms have good back stories (although I really wish they would lol). I just want to be able to use some older Pokemon that I've never thought about using before. Like in Sun I finally used Ninetails. I've never used one as a fire type, but it being in the game and having a fresh coat of paint really helped me make a decision on using it. I'd like to see that kind of change happen to some other Pokemon I've never wanted to use before too lol

I'm REALLY hoping for some new Alolan forms for Pokemon NOT from Kanto. I get why they stuck with Kanto Pokemon for Sun and Moon, but now they need to move on and diversify. Maybe add a few from each of the other regions and call it a day. Supposedly we'll be getting at least 20 "new" monsters. I doubt they're new Pokemon in gernal since it'll be more or less a 3rd version, but new forms is never out of the question. I don't even really care if the new Alolan forms have good back stories (although I really wish they would lol). I just want to be able to use some older Pokemon that I've never thought about using before. Like in Sun I finally used Ninetails. I've never used one as a fire type, but it being in the game and having a fresh coat of paint really helped me make a decision on using it. I'd like to see that kind of change happen to some other Pokemon I've never wanted to use before too lol
If that's the case then Gen 2 Alolan forms should have some priority. There are so much good ideas. Maybe even throw in some more exclusive Z-crystals for some popular Gen 2 mons/existing Pokemon.

Also shouldn't we change the thread title just in case of misunderstandment?

If that's the case then Gen 2 Alolan forms should have some priority. There are so much good ideas. Maybe even throw in some more exclusive Z-crystals for some popular Gen 2 mons/existing Pokemon.

Yeah gen 2 would be a great generation to revamp. I'd like to see at least some from each gen before they move onto a new idea. In every gen there's at least one Pokemon line that needs a change in typing/origin desperately. Unlike Mega evolution where it's just happenstance they could make it a point to change certain Pokemon living in whatever region lol

The Wii u is 1080 capable.

It's kinda weird when Nintendo systems are so underpowered already and Zelda's been in production so long to have it run so low.

Makes it feel like we're just now getting a game from the ps3 era or something

But Zelda BOTW on Wii U is not.

EDIT: What @BlazeMasterX said.

Ok. But only 5 million 2DS's have been sold, so I really doubt people actually switched from 3DS to 2DS. Also, the 2DS wasn't that popular, so that increases my doubt even further

The 2DS wasn't meant to be an "upgraded" version of the 3DS. By the time the 2DS came out, most players already had a 3DS or XL. The 2DS was intended for children (hence the parental control features included) and perhaps potential gamers who weren't willing to spend around 200$~300$ for the 3D freatures when they could just spend 100$~150$ (which is still a luxury but relatively cheap) and still play the games they're interested in. It was also launched around the time when Pokemon XY was released, so it was also a good way to target anyone interested in Pokemon (the nostalgia market was growing by then) but hestitant on buying expensive handhelds. The 2DS wasn't made to be a record-breaking chart-topper, gathering millions of fans waiting in front of gaming stores all night before the release.

The 2DS wasn't meant to be an "upgraded" version of the 3DS. By the time the 2DS came out, most players already had a 3DS or XL. The 2DS was intended for children (hence the parental control features included) and perhaps potential gamers who weren't willing to spend around 200$~300$ for the 3D freatures when they could just spend 100$~150$ (which is still a luxury but relatively cheap) and still play the games they're interested in. It was also launched around the time when Pokemon XY was released, so it was also a good way to target anyone interested in Pokemon (the nostalgia market was growing by then) but hestitant on buying expensive handhelds. The 2DS wasn't made to be a record-breaking chart-topper, gathering millions of fans waiting in front of gaming stores all night before the release.

Also, not all of us can see certain 3D features properly. The natural variation of the structure of the human eye creates a surprising amount of variability in this.

This is not the only area where entertainment technology has started to butt up against the limitations imposed by human physiology.

Okay.... Returning to Stars features once more.
Do you expect any increase in the post game content? I'd like to see some story connecting Arceus and Silvally, maybe including a battle?

Do you expect any increase in the post game content? I'd like to see some story connecting Arceus and Silvally, maybe including a battle?

I would love it if the post-game content included the unfinished golf course (only, actually finished) and maybe something clarifying Mohn's story and tying together some of the less-coherent aspects of the plot.

I'd expect a few ideas:
  • Post game story separate form the UB one, ending with a battle with a Mythical pokemon.
  • Something akin to the Mirage Islands or Altering Cave, lazy yes, but it is a simple fix until they finally decide they need 3 sets of games to contain the pokemon
  • The Battle Tree to get an extension, but not as in "the return of the frontiers" sense, but just some extra space for Move Tutors (provided they take BP instead of shards, or even worse, bottlecaps)
  • Island Scan to have an additional selection, Only allows access to non-native 2 stage pokemon but will be used at 5o points.
  • Another lazy but effective touch would be Hoopa bring some of the Legendaries over, but only as a last resort for those that make no sense to be there on their own will (Like Mewtwo, or in future games, the Tapu), replace Hoopa with Ultra Wormholes if you prefer. For the rest, I'd prefer places like the Embeeded Tower or the Cave of Being to be made, especially for the Regional Birds, Beasts and their leaders (due to demographics), maybe the Sinnoh legendaries as well.
  • 3rd post game episode, this time focusing on the characters visiting from past reasons and their reasons for coming here. (I'm pretty sure that the Battle Tree was a side thing for most, including Cynthea and Colress)

Last edited:
Why would arceus and silvally be connected? Because they both have items to change their type?

Arceus is the God pokemon and silvally is the evolved form of a Pokemon created to fight ultra beasts.

No connection.

If stars dosent have a good post game or new story all together there'd be no point in making it.

Unless it's just SM for switch which I doubt

Why would arceus and silvally be connected? Because they both have items to change their type?

Arceus is the God pokemon and silvally is the evolved form of a Pokemon created to fight ultra beasts.

No connection.

If stars dosent have a good post game or new story all together there'd be no point in making it.

Unless it's just SM for switch which I doubt

1. Type:Null is said to be made to fight Pokemon heard in myths. And from its design, and ability, one can deduce that the Pokemon is Arceus, Pokémon

2. That is the exact reason why we're discussing features and story. The worst scenario we can have is that Sun/Moon's storyline will be copy-pasted, and it actually is a very nice one, and would create a good first impression on those who have Stars as their first Pokemon game.

Back
Top Bottom