• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon sun and moon will air on Disney XD instead of CN

Aside from music changes and the addition of the opening and ending, were there any other differences between the preview episodes and the final editions? I know for XY there were some dialogue differences between the two.
This time around, no, TPCi literally just took the SM dub sneak peek and slapped on the music changes & OP/ED. The same dialogue changes in the sneak peek are in this final version.

This time around, no, TPCi literally just took the SM dub sneak peek and slapped on the music changes & OP/ED. The same dialogue changes in the sneak peek are in this final version.

How much music was kept?

How much music was kept?
They only kept 4 pieces in SM001's dub (title card jingle, Ash & Kiawe battling together, Z Move theme & the theme at the end of the episode they replaced at the start of it), & 3.5 pieces in SM002's dub (they replaced half of the ending theme with some dub music when Ash got the Rotomdex from Kukui).

Huh, interesting. Thanks! At least I don't have to watch it again.
You're welcome. And yeah, no way am I sitting through 3 more years of an XY-XYZ style dub for SM's dub, I think I'm done with the dub for good by now. I'll always think fondly of the dub in its earlier years, though, I used to respect and actually like it back then.

You're welcome. And yeah, no way am I sitting through 3 more years of an XY-XYZ style dub for SM's dub, I think I'm done with the dub for good by now. I'll always think fondly of the dub in its earlier years, though, I used to respect and actually like it back then.

I'll still watch the dub, but its quality is definitely not what it once was. I don't blame anyone who drops it. I've been watching subs for the first time since BW, though, so I think I'll continue that in addition to watching the dub. I like seeing the difference between the two, even though the dub has considerably weakened.

The Z Move text never got added back in, did it?
No, they didn't. I presume they find it easier and cheaper to remove it for all the English-based dubs than to pay someone to draw it in dozens of languages. The only text they localize between dubs is the OP/ED credits, really.

No, they didn't. I presume they find it easier and cheaper to remove it for all the English-based dubs than to pay someone to draw it in dozens of languages. The only text they localize between dubs is the OP/ED credits, really.
Same will happen when the first Grand Trial battle gets dubbed.

What I'm not enjoying here is that we're likely going to have to wait longer for the full dub season as opposed to previous seasons. It does make sense when you consider the planned schedule Disney XD want, but it unfortunately comes at a cost of waiting as long as what we had with the Kids WB era.

What I'm not enjoying here is that we're likely going to have to wait longer for the full dub season as opposed to previous seasons. It does make sense when you consider the planned schedule Disney XD want, but it unfortunately comes at a cost of waiting as long as what we had with the Kids WB era.
Same thoughts, really, and since we know >80% of the OST will be replaced and the intro is still 29 seconds long, along with the current dub being its usual self in terms of acting, writing, & still being like 4Kids was when it comes to erasing kanji, it really doesn't bode well, IMO. Unless they're widening the gap to actually take time with dubbing the episodes to improve the quality of the dub (which I don't see being the case based on those redubbed SM episodes), I don't see what benefit there is here.

Same thoughts, really, and since we know >80% of the OST will be replaced and the intro is still 29 seconds long, along with the current dub being its usual self in terms of acting, writing, & still being like 4Kids was when it comes to erasing kanji, it really doesn't bode well, IMO. Unless they're widening the gap to actually take time with dubbing the episodes to improve the quality of the dub (which I don't see being the case based on those redubbed SM episodes), I don't see what benefit there is here.
Disney XD could be waiting for TPCi to dub enough episodes of SM so they can air the series
with new episodes daily/everyday instead of weekly premieres for a while. If that's the case,
the gap between the Japanese Version and English Dub would be short again in almost no time at all.
The gap is usually 10-15 episodes at max anyway.

It's only been about a month since XY ended. The wait hasn't been that long yet. We were a full year behind the dub back in the Kids' WB era and fortunately, we're not going to be that far behind again. They could just want TPCI to get more episodes dubbed so that they could air them in large chucks or to have weekday premieres, which will get the gap back to around ten to fifteen episodes in no time. We may have to wait a bit longer than usual compared to when new seasons started on Cartoon Network, but probably not too much longer by comparison.

It's only been about a month since XY ended. The wait hasn't been that long yet. We were a full year behind the dub back in the Kids' WB era and fortunately, we're not going to be that far behind again. They could just want TPCI to get more episodes dubbed so that they could air them in large chucks or to have weekday premieres, which will get the gap back to around ten to fifteen episodes in no time. We may have to wait a bit longer than usual compared to when new seasons started on Cartoon Network, but probably not too much longer by comparison.
They also could be waiting for April 1st to premiere it since that is the 20th anniversary of the anime

Serena's logic of April could be understandable since the 20th anniversary is in that month. I can see that we likely may not return to Kids WB-era wait between Japanese and dub, but it will still definitely be a longer wait than the CN era.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom