• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon That Creep You Out?

The old style Jynx was a bit creepy, purple skin just isn't as spooky, damn racism spoiling everything :thumbd:

I think I've read this somewhere else in the thread (apart from this page) but: Skuntank. I usually like Dark Pokés but it's just creepy... and the humid-sounding cry, eek!
Jynx is ugly. It's RedBlue description was pretty creepy, too. "It seductively wiggles its hips as it walks"... nightmares, it gives me nightmares.

Giratine creeps me out slightly lol I named it Dimentio after one of the Mario characters that creeped me out with the real word comparisons and the look that makes you think he is lookign at the players

Tangrowth.

When I was playing Shadows of Almia for the first time and Tangrowth came out of the basement, I seriously thought to myself "Oh my god, Kincaid was performing experiments on a poor Tangela and mutated it! That heartless bastard!" Then I found out it was a Pokemon. I felt like a lametard.

(Obviously at that point, I had never seen a Tangrowth in my Pearl game before.)

I don't think I've ever been freaked out by another Pokemon.

Some people will find my response odd, but you'll see.

The first time through blue, dragonite's sprite. Not a "i'm scared" creeped out (Although it did look really aggresive), but a "your screwed by this powerful monster's hyper beam" creepy

Then I saw his Japanese green/red sprite recently
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Spr_1g_149.png
DEAR GOD WHAT IS THAT....THING!

His sprites have gotten progressively better to the point where when you see it in battle revolution you just want to give it a big hug:-D

Also, When you're afraid of bees in real life...
beedrill.gif

Not me, but my friend is scared of Wooper. It stems from having to watch that episode with the Wooper many year ago.

After finding this out, I promptly posted a Wooper picture. :D

Zubat. They're like cliffracers in Morrowind--just hearing that annoying shiek can lead to heart attacks. Morrowind, however, lacks "Max Repel."

Alternatively, I've always been bothered by the fact that Hitmonlee lacks a face.

Lopunny and giratina give me the creeps. Specially lopunny, I feel like killing it for some reason =P Thanks

Diglett(See the SUPER EFFECTIVE comic for why),Alakazam(Because of the facial hair),Mr.Mime,and Jynx.For the most part,they creep me out based soley on their appearence.However,in Gen2,with the introduction of gender,I must say that the fact that there are female Mr.Mimes is very disturbing.Although three of the four Pokemon on the list I avoid like the plague,I have had Jynx in my party before,but I still find them creepy.

When I first played the Gen1 games,Pinsir also creeped me out at first.I liked it in it's artwork,but it's sprite scared the heck out of me (I was about 8y.o. for the record).But when Gen2 came around with it's more flattering sprites,I finally got over it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom