• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon That Creep You Out?

Shedinja. It's just a husk of a living thing, it's fsckin' creepy.

It's little things like that that I love about the people who make this series. Dead things, nightmarish creatures? Yeah, it's only a game that anyone of any age might play.... ;)

Can't stand Palkia on screen. Not because I find it creepy, but I can't believe they went with that design.

No, it sounds like it was put together by a bunch of monkeys making random sounds.

RAARCCHGGGHHHRRRAAAAARRRR.

What is that?

I always thought Dialga sounded like a duck going through some horrific agony, myself.

Though on the topic of Pokemon that creep me out, Girantina is right up there on the top of my list. Shedinja, as a empty, dead husk of creature that will steal your soul if you stare at the hole in its back (conveniently located on its backsprite!) is also an exceedingly disconcerting creature. Drowzee freaks me out a little, too - the idea of some freakish tapir coming into your room at night, feeding on your dreams as it does unmentionable things to your nose would make me afraid to sleep at night if they were real animals...

Jynx_anime.jpg

BOO, THEY'RE GONNA GET JOO!
RUN AWAY!

Also, I thought the early spirtes of Likitung and Machamp were pretty creepy, but, they look better now

I always thought Dialga sounded like a duck going through some horrific agony, myself.

Odd, I always thought that cry kinda sounded like whalesong. Maybe I'm just weird.

Which reminds me: The first time I saw Dialga, I nearly freaked out. I can't explain it, but when I saw that big blue thing he scared the living heck out of me. I wanted nothing to do with him, he freaked me out so badly.

Then I heard his cry. Man oh man, that was a bit of a letdown.

Palkia also freaked me out a bit, but in the opposite direction. Whereas I wanted to run away screaming from Dialga, I wanted to throw my arms around Palkia. No, I don't get it either.

for some reason Mespirits face creeps me out a little, if you see it with angry looking eyes and the pink part... I dunno

Girafarig. Although most of it's creepyness comes from my experiences with it on Pokemon Stadium 2.

No! Girafarig is an amazing pokémon!!

But yeah, holy shit Myuu when it first came out . . it looked a friggin' fetus.

for some reason Mespirits face creeps me out a little, if you see it with angry looking eyes and the pink part... I dunno

Mespirit does creep me out a little, along with Uxie and Azelf, but not for their apperences, for their powers. Uxie can wipe your memory with one glance of its eyes, Mespirit can drain all your emotions by touch, and Azelf can pretty much possess you (your will to be precise, but that's basically the same thing). Arceus help the poor trainer who catches those three.

a bibarel.... those things.... they totaly scare me

I second that. Their eyes are just.. o_o''

Also, Hippopotas simply gives me creeps because of it's empty stare and weird looks in general. And I agree with those saying that several original R/B/Y sprites are quite scary.

//editage: Yes, MissingNo is the number one creep in the whole series. If it's counted as a Pokémon. I didn't care a sh*t about it when I was young, but now that I've gotten back into Pokémon, it really is scary. When I try to sleep at night, I get shivers imagining a MissingNo floating into my room.

Last edited:
I was never ever afraid of any Pokemon... although if I was a bit younger during Gen III Rayquaza probably would've freaked me out... but ehh Rayquaza is like my favorite legendary now, personally PBR Arceus creeps me out those long legs and the way it looks so artificial... It's SCARY!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom