• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokémon: The Origin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is worth nothing that TV Tokyo's website promises more special content next year. The translation is courtesy of Dogasu:

TV-Tokyo ends the press release by saying that there will be more special Pocket Monsters related programming in 2014 to help the station celebrate its 50th year on the air.

It is worth nothing that TV Tokyo's website promises more special content next year. The translation is courtesy of Dogasu:

TV-Tokyo ends the press release by saying that there will be more special Pocket Monsters related programming in 2014 to help the station celebrate its 50th year on the air.
That sounds promising, actually. Could we expect maybe G/S or R/S specials?

Ruby/Sapphire or X/Y specials would be so great.

That sounds promising, actually. Could we expect maybe G/S or R/S specials?
I don't know about that since Origin is relevant to XY, as evidenced by the timing and the fact that the game website links to its page. They may skip over the other generations and cover XY themselves.

I don't know about that since Origin is relevant to XY, as evidenced by the timing and the fact that the game website links to its page. They may skip over the other generations and cover XY themselves.
It would be strange having XY anime specials as regular XY anime airs.

Unless RS remakes are to be released and we get related specials in anticipation of the release. But yeah, since this is celebration of its 50th year on the air, anything is possible.

It would be strange having XY anime specials as regular XY anime airs.
Strange how? We know from experience that the XY series won't be too faithful to the games. Besides, the Raikou special aired during the Johto series and it used the Johto player characters, at least.

Unless RS remakes are to be released
It's unlikely that Game Freak will release any games next year.

BW2 came out a year and a half after BW's release. If R/S/E remakes are planned to be made, a special made to advertise isn't too far off.

BW2 came out a year and a half after BW's release. If R/S/E remakes are planned to be made, a special made to advertise isn't too far off.
B2W2 are DS games whose development started in 2010. As I said, they could release the next game in early 2015, but I don't see any connection to specials that TV Tokyo are planning for 2014 to celebrate their 50th anniversary. There is a reason why Origin is going to air just 10 days prior to XY's release.

B2W2 are DS games whose development started in 2010. As I said, they could release the next game in early 2015, but I don't see any connection to specials that TV Tokyo are planning for 2014 to celebrate their 50th anniversary. There is a reason why Origin is going to air just 10 days prior to XY's release.

And RSE remakes could be 3DS games whose development already started this year. That's a good point, although maybe next year they could do a GSC one with RSE on 2015 for possible remakes.

And RSE remakes could be 3DS games whose development already started this year.
Whatever project they're working on, I doubt they started early this year considering the time they had to invest into XY (and we can tell from the released footage that they've been refining XY's engine throughout the year). Mind you, they even released two eShop games between B2W2 and XY. That's why I could only see the next game being released around mid-2005 at the earliest. Platinum was released two years after Diamond/Pearl and HGSS' development lasted a total of three years.

As far as 2014 is concerned, I see them possibly expanding XY via DLC. An XY special could promote that.

Besides, the Raikou special aired during the Johto series and it used the Johto player characters, at least.

The GS special was actually a canon part of the main anime, with references made and some characters (mainly the Meganium guy whose name escapes me, but also Marina) appearing in both. So unless the theoretical XY special is a similar hero-of-another-story deal, it probably wouldn't air while the main anime is covering XY. But who knows, they might do it anyway.

Regarding new game releases, there's usually a longer gap between the initial paired versions of a generation and the next games than between other games, right?

I guess it's a relief that this isn't a 20 minute special. There is plenty of time for the special to cover everything that has already been seen in the trailer.

New screenshots:

tumblr_mt2qvbryP71shek33o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mt2qvbryP71shek33o2_400.jpg

Just a little under 2 hours, eh? Hopefully they'll be able to put in enough good stuff with that.

Certainly looking forward to seeing the REAL Team Rocket in action. And Mewtwo done right! (none of that existentialist crap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom