• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon YOU have a vendetta against

Charizard, Swampert, Infernape, Lucario, Mewtwo, Incineroar, and Heatran.

Heatran because he's the only thing that can consistently counter my Venusaur and that's annoying af.

Incineroar because if you think for a second that this wasn't meant to originally be Fire/Fighting only to have a last minute change, you're kidding yourself. Yeah yeah, Heel Wrestler, blah blah blah. That was some BS Game Freak came up with to cover their asses after a last minute change to the Dark type. And no, I'm not just bitter that we're getting yet another bipedal Fire Starter when Litten was so clearly gearing up to be a quadruped and how awesome would that have been?!?!? I mean seriously!!! A Fire/Dark tiger that took a cue from Houndoom would have been freaking awesome and instead we're stuck with yet another flavor of wrestler? Wasn't screwing over Tepig bad enough?!?!? You had to do it to the best looking Fire Starter since Torchic, too? Anyway, rant over.

The others, I hate for being spotlight stealers/hoggers who overshadow the rest of their generation/counterparts.

As a side-note, I have a vendetta against Game Freak for choosing to give the Alola Pokemon such shit speed stats across the board.

pretty much any pokemons that break my chains!
Well mostly bidoof or tentacruel because they always get in the way when ur trying to get somewhere.
I know that feel. It's the reason I hate Bidoof. Little snot busted a lot of good Chains on Pearl; I would extinct that thing and be done with it if I could.

I also hate Lumineon. For reasons. Example:

*le me, in the Battle Maison*
Me: Just a few more battles and I'll be done!
*stupid Lumineon shows up*
Lumineon: That's a nice win streak you've got there. Be a real shame if something... happened to it.
*Lumineon slaughters team*
Me: FUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!!

This is not a joke. I've lost to that fish so many times it isn't funny. Again, I would extinct it if I had the chance. And it takes a lot to make me hate a Pokemon.

Incineroar because if you think for a second that this wasn't meant to originally be Fire/Fighting only to have a last minute change, you're kidding yourself.
So, rather than fully planning out a starter's design, Game Freak designed another Fire/Fighting (after fans complained about the streak of three generations of Fire/Fighting and Game Freak made a Fire/Psychic starter instead), and then decided to switch out Fighting for an entirely different type without making any changes to the design.

And then, despite this being a "last minute change", they suddenly come up with three signature moves for Incineroar that are Dark-type, one of which specifically targets Primarina's sound-based moves, and another which literally shows Incineroar in a wrestling wring.

And somehow, despite the heel category being "just to cover their asses" this all just so happened to fit together with the Tiger Mask series, where a heel wrestler dedicates himself to helping children.

And you think that's more believable than the idea of Incineroar being based on a heel wrestler?

I've hated Karen's Umbreon, but I can't say I have a vendetta against it because I love the Pokémon too much in general. However, I DO have a vendetta against Durant. It's typing always caused me issue when I didn't have a strong fire type and the fact that it's basically the Zubat of Unova Victory Road (seriously. So. Many. Durant.). I despised that creature from the first time I met it. I think I grew to appreciate it a little when I was forced to use one once, but any time I face one I obliterate it with extreme prejudice.

I don't have a vendetta against any Pokemon but it grinds my gears is Yungoos called Trump or Donald that I have gotten in the Wonder Trade. Those poor Yungoos being compared to such a personality.

Diggersby. Extremely disappointing crap evolution for a Pokemon who had so much amazing potential.

Also definitely not a fan of Mr. Mime.

Porygon2, for ruining my otherwise perfect EoS Destiny Tower run at floor 84 in the blink of an eye. It's a shame because I like Porygon and really love Porygon-Z so things would have been fine if the middle one hadn't been such a dick.

Garchomp. GARCHOMP. Worst enemy for me, worst AI partners as well at the Battle Tree. And I don't like how it survived the nerfs that other pokemon received. (Gengar, Talonflame, Kangaskhan...)

Walrein and its stockpiling stocks.

Landorus-T. I deliberately bred pokemon with Competitive just to counter that specific genie because I was tired of seeing everyone carrying one around, and I was quite satisfied when my Milotic killed off Landorus-T with a boosted Ice Beam several times.

Celesteela. I don't go on Battle Spot unless there's some rule that makes Celesteela banned.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom