• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokeshipping General Discussion

I still couldn't see it happening at this point, and I like the pairing. Always have. I've probably said it someplace, but I still feel that originally, they were hinting at pairing the two up sometime down the line (future), but, the series became more popular than expected, and as the show went on, any hinting towards a ship involving Satoshi was fazed out.

Now, in ref to what someone else was saying, i do feel that Kasumi was badly handled since, I'm assuming, back then, the writers didn't know how to treat a female protagonist and that probably also had a lot to do with the fact that in the games, she'd never had the role, unlike Haruka and Hikari. I guess it was easier to write for their characters since they were actual trainers and stuff, as opposed to Kasumi who was just a gym leader. We know she wanted to become a Water Pokemon Master, but I guess since the group rarely did anything water-related, it was difficult to write it in without taking away from the star of the series as opposed to sharing it, like what AG seemed to do with Haruka and DP with Hikari.

Now, in ref to what someone else was saying, i do feel that Kasumi was badly handled since, I'm assuming, back then, the writers didn't know how to treat a female protagonist and that probably also had a lot to do with the fact that in the games, she'd never had the role, unlike Haruka and Hikari. I guess it was easier to write for their characters since they were actual trainers and stuff, as opposed to Kasumi who was just a gym leader. We know she wanted to become a Water Pokemon Master, but I guess since the group rarely did anything water-related, it was difficult to write it in without taking away from the star of the series as opposed to sharing it, like what AG seemed to do with Haruka and DP with Hikari.[/SIZE][/FONT]

To be fair there were several opportunities to develop Misty character more.For start they could do more with her goal of becoming water master.Whirl Cup was good for a start but they could have defined whole thing little more giving Misty more battling screentime and entering little more of competitions which would show gradual progress making steps forward.Since it was anime only writers decide in when this type of things are going to be created.
-They could also give her some rival which could have pose obstale on Mistys quest of becoming best water trainer(like they did by giving rival to Cilan).I always thought Marina from Oi or Trinity were wasted opportunities which could have played important roles in Misty story.
-They could also do more with her neglected pokmon like Goldeen or Psyduck giving them more focus and some development,bring back Horsea to do something with it in Johto(like evolution)instead of being left to rot at gym,evolve Togepi etc.

Anyway there are many things they could have done but sadly they didnt wasting lot of extra focus on unnecessary fillers(especially in Johto).
That was mainly fault on ex head writer mr.Shudo unfortunately who didnt cared much for her character as well writers at that time still being inexperienced in treating some things properly.In original series there was more than enough time where Ash wasnt doing anything but at same time writers sadly didnt used this in advantage of giving more to his traveling companions.

I'm assuming, back then, the writers didn't know how to treat a female protagonist and that probably also had a lot to do with the fact that in the games, she'd never had the role, unlike Haruka and Hikari. I guess it was easier to write for their characters since they were actual trainers and stuff, as opposed to Kasumi who was just a gym leader.

May and Dawn were only trainers in the games, though. In the anime, they were supposed to be completely inexperienced, hence the whole 'mentor-student' thing with Ash and May etc. Even in spite of this 'mentoring sub-plot' the writers had going on, they shouldn't have regarded May and Dawn as more important than Misty, if that was what they were intending. If anything, Misty should have been given more recognition than them, considering that she actually came from some experience (from being a Gym Leader) while the other two were just starting out.

Also, like Pokemon fan 132 said, there were a number of opportunities in the anime where Misty's character could have been developed more, yet they were only briefly mentioned and immediately passed by afterwards.
Ultimately, Misty just mustn't have been liked by the writers in the original series, and they didn't notice her popularity as a character until after GYCL when the viewing figures plummetted.

Hey we're back!....unfortunately i have nothin new to add (even a pic...) oh well yay for the forum back up and yay pokeshipping

oh well yay for the forum back up and yay pokeshipping

Quoted for truth! On an unrelated note, someone on YouTube asked me to make a PS AMV from Misty's point of view using a certain song , but I couldn't do it because the lyrics wouldn't allow me to. I'm one of those people where if I can't find clips/pictures to fit the song lyrics, I won't use that song for an AMV, no matter how much I like it.

Hey we're back!....unfortunately i have nothin new to add (even a pic...) oh well yay for the forum back up and yay pokeshipping

It was a page released quite some time ago but I don't remember anyone talking about it (I might be wrong, though)...

NG - New Generation => Teppo's version of Ash and Misty's daughter (and Drew and May's kids as well XD). Not updated very often, but I hope it won't be a dead link!

tomoka.GIF

Cute familiar hairstyle, isn't it XD

Her name is Tomoka and she's a little coordinator... She's from Pallet Town and 10-11 years old - guess who's her Pichu's father haha.

/back to lurking land~

Hey, we're back! And the forum's looking pretty damn good, I must say.

That's cute. And I could actually see their kid looking like that.

Me too. That actually looks quite convincing. I would love for the anime to end in the same way it started, but with Ash and Misty's daughter going on her Pokemon journey with her Pichu (and with possibly Gary or Tracey handing out the starter Pokemon, 'cause I doubt Proffesor Oak would be around by then)

Hi everyone I just joined today but I've been a pokeshipper for a long time. I have to get ready for work but I look forward to having good discussions about Ash and Misty when I get back! Oh, that is a nice picture of what their kid could look like!

Hi everyone I just joined today but I've been a pokeshipper for a long time. I have to get ready for work but I look forward to having good discussions about Ash and Misty when I get back! Oh, that is a nice picture of what their kid could look like!

Hey, welcome Scizor1127! T'was probably a good time to join too, due to the forum being revamped and all.

I discovered something quite interesting in terms of pokeshipping last week. I was looking through Cilan's page on Bulbapedia and noticed a picture of his 'Cilan lure', which presumably appears in the postponed BW26. For me, this looks like a good opportunity for Misty's lure to appear again. I could imagine the dialogue going something like this:

Ash: Hey, that's a cool lure, Cilan! I have a fishing lure too.
(Holds up Misty lure)
Iris: Oh, it's so cute! Who's that girl?
And this could probably lead to something interesting which works in our favour.

Hey, welcome Scizor1127! T'was probably a good time to join too, due to the forum being revamped and all.

I discovered something quite interesting in terms of pokeshipping last week. I was looking through Cilan's page on Bulbapedia and noticed a picture of his 'Cilan lure', which presumably appears in the postponed BW26. For me, this looks like a good opportunity for Misty's lure to appear again. I could imagine the dialogue going something like this:

(Holds up Misty lure)
And this could probably lead to something interesting which works in our favour.

YES! I hope that the Misty lure appears so there's another opportunity of a PS hint.

What happened here? It's like all... shiny and new... Were the forums out for like a week or something? I haven't been here in awhile so I wouldn't know...

Aaanyway, welcome Scizor1127!

(Holds up Misty lure)
And this could probably lead to something interesting which works in our favour

I mean, why have a fishing episode? They happen to be in an extremely large city where Ash and the gang could potentially partake in all manner of shenanigans and the writers pick fishing of all things. I'm not saying that we're guaranteed a lure appearance, but the fact that they chose to include a fishing episode where no fishing occurred in the games just seems odd to me. It almost seems like an excuse to have the lure in an episode. Maybe they just want to show off the gen V water Pokemon, I don't know, but Castelia City seems like a weird place to do it. I mean, it's got the docks, but you never saw anyone fishing there, and I'm pretty sure large boats aren't fish-friendly.

And this "Cilan lure"... I don't know what to make of that. They had to be thinking of the Misty lure when they decided to make that a thing. Whether that means anything in terms of the lure making an appearance or not, I'm not sure. Though it's interesting that they would give Cilan this. Nice tidbit of info there.

That Cilan's special lure appears also in BW35, not sure whether it had its debut already in that postponed episode. Though if I remember right, Ash reacted to that lure in BW35 like he has never seen it before...
I have noticed how much similarities both Cilan and Iris have with Misty. Cilan is former gym leader and has his own special lure. Iris is afraid of ice type pokémon while Misty is afraid of bug types. Iris also wants to be Dragon master and Misty's goal is to be the best water pokémon trainer.

tomoka.GIF

Cute familiar hairstyle, isn't it XD

Her name is Tomoka and she's a little coordinator... She's from Pallet Town and 10-11 years old - guess who's her Pichu's father haha.

/back to lurking land~

Now I can easily imagine Ash and Misty's child in that fanart. It's so awesome.

HI.Welcome to the thread Scizor1127!

Cilan's lure appears in BW35. I hope we can see the Misty lure in BW26 and have another Misty-mentioning from Ash.

(Holds up Misty lure)

Interesting. I could really imagine how Ash would answer Iris' question.[this really made me think Iris tries to get the lure from Ash but Ash would let herXD] It would be so cool if that would really happened in the show.

They have to show Misty's lure because Ash does not have any other lures to use, lol. If Cilan gets to show his own lure and use it to fish, then Ash has to use Misty's. It would be funny if the same thing that happened with Dawn with the lure, happened with Iris too. That would still give us a cool pokeshipping hint.

They have to show Misty's lure because Ash does not have any other lures to use, lol. If Cilan gets to show his own lure and use it to fish, then Ash has to use Misty's. It would be funny if the same thing that happened with Dawn with the lure, happened with Iris too. That would still give us a cool pokeshipping hint.

Ah but BW26 is mainly focused on Cilan, so they could still get away with not showing the Misty lure (if they are as militant towards pokeshipping as Takeshi Shudo).

I didn't know the Cilan lure was in BW35, so maybe I was a bit quick in presuming that it appears in BW26 first. However, since it is, as Sardonicus mentioned, a fishing episode, there's still hope that it will appear. After all, opportunities like this don't show up very often.

I didn't know the Cilan lure was in BW35, so maybe I was a bit quick in presuming that it appears in BW26 first. However, since it is, as Sardonicus mentioned, a fishing episode, there's still hope that it will appear. After all, opportunities like this don't show up very often.

But I think it could be possible for Cilan's lure to appear in BW26 and if ever that happens, I hope there's a chance for Misty lure to appear but just a little of possibility that it could happened. I wonder if Ash still brings the lure even in Unova?

We have talked a lot about BW26 and I've heard that it would be shown in Japan on June 23th.
So let's wait for that and thumbs up and hope for the return of Misty's lure. Though because it already had its appear in DP, I don't think Ash would show it again

We have talked a lot about BW26 and I've heard that it would be shown in Japan on June 23th.
So let's wait for that and thumbs up and hope for the return of Misty's lure. Though because it already had its appear in DP, I don't think Ash would show it again

Always have hope that the lure might appear again because it is the perfect oppurtunity to show it. We do have a little while to wait and see though. Until the episode airs we won't know anything, so we will still hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom