• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Continuations if Successful

What Third Games would YOU like to see as a Pokemon Let's Go Game

• Total voters
You'd be surprised, but Marill and Togepi have roughly the same BST (250 and 245). Pichu is well below at 205, but they could pair it with Togepi.

Riolu and Munchlax have a huge gap, as the former's BST is 285 and the latter's is 390. Shinx (263) is closer to Riolu and Pachirisu (405) is closer to Munchlax, but neither have ever really stood out as far as I recall. Buneary (350) could be used instead of Munchlax, I suppose.

Marketability is more important than stats because the latter are much easier to fix. But come to think of it, I wonder if they'd pair Riolu with any Normal type as that would make the Riolu version have easier rival battles than the other one.
ah, that's it. I was lumping Togepi in with the likes of Pichu, Clefa, and Igglybuff. Guess I should fact check before posting :p

As for sinnoh, I am of the firm belief that Shinx is the perfect choice, but I know it's not excessively popular and it makes me sad. But yeah, I guess looking at all the stats now of "popular" potential candidates, Pikachu and Eevee actually stand out on the high end of BSTs.

What would really sell me on that Sinnoh game though is if you could evolve your Shinx... Sigh, a guy can dream.

So I'd have to go with Shinx/Riolu or Buneary/Munchlax. The latter duo might have the same typing, but very different stats.

An unrelated thought: While it is obvious that LGPE’s anime influences are simply inherited from Yellow Version, I wonder if Game Freak would consider retaining the LGPE protagonists in the second LG games, taking a cue from the anime by implying that the story of all the games follows a single protagonist who shelves their team whenever they move on to the next region. Indeed, if they wanted to keep Pikachu and Eevee on as long-term, recurring mascots for the LG series, then that could provide the in-universe justification — the LGPE protagonist would just be doing what Ash does by retaining only his Starter.

Yes, that has occurred to me. Of course, Pikachu/Eevee being reset would stick out like a sore thumb. It works for the show because there are no levels and Ash has a personality that most kids probably like, but I am not sure it would make sense just for a customizable avatar. They could have a "transfer wardrobe" feature instead.

I have explained my reasoning for why I feel LGPE is a one off in various posts. I'll just copy-paste them with some modifications to make my point.

I still firmly believe that LGPE is one off. It is very clearly meant to be a stepping stone to the main series games.
Kanto and Johto are the only regions imo which can pull off the LGPE treatment. I've mentioned it in my other posts.
LGPE requires a Region, and roster with universal appeal, with Pokemon which can be recognised at a glance by the general public, and the original 151 (+Johto) are those Pokemon, not the Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos sets.

Due to the tone of the Let’s go series, I doubt they’re going to extend beyond Johto...
Nostalgia is a factor in the creation of these games, too. So a Let's Go- Cyndaquil and Totodile seem plausible, but nothing after that seems likely to me-

Hoenn - It already got its traditional remake so I doubt they’re remaking Hoenn again so soon.

Sinnoh - It was basically the anti-casual region, and children were reported to have problems navigating it. I’ve seen many people say that the game seems became linear after Sinnoh was a thing. It also began the trend of 'extreme genwunners' where people began to think GameFreak 'ran out of ideas'.

Unova - It's a controversial region in general, and moreso among the 'casual crowd'. Debatably the prime of the ‘GameFreak is running out of ideas!' era. Many Pokémon like trubbish and vanilite line were criticised and the complaints of 'too many Pokemon' also arose.

Kalos and Alola - We're really expecting Kalos and Alola games anytime soon?

I don’t think an entire Let's Go subseries will be required to keep the new fans from Let's Go. They’ll buy any other Pokémon main game just because it’s Pokemon, and they would want to justify their purchase of a Switch.

Imo Kanto and Johto are the only regions which are suited to the Let's Go format. Not to mention the casual crowd can adapt to the general main series games after being introduced to some mechanics via Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

There are new kids every year. There will always be someone who needs an introduction, and clearly Game Freak don't think that the traditional games provide that all that well anymore. There is also zero guarantee that most LGPE fans will like the traditional style.

Eurogamer said:
Related to that, looking forward, do you envisage there being two series of Pokémon games, say a Let's Go series and a main series like Sun and Moon - are there going to be two or are they going to come together again?

Masuda: So I'd say there's a possibility of that, should the games sell really well and obviously a lot of people play them, but right now we're really focusing on the development, and just getting a lot of people to play the games in the first place!
It's a question of sales and nothing else. Every game can be casualized, and Game Freak will want DP remakes to be accessible to everyone no matter what.

Last edited:
I'm feeling that lets go is a one time, because it's inspired by pokemon yellow and yellow is more anime-based game. I don't see it being a series, because we don't know let go will be a success or not. Specially since the fans rather skip these game and wait on Gen 8.

While I'm sure that Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee are going to be financially successful for a number of reasons, I have a hard time picturing them turning Let's Go into its own series. It gives off a pretty strong one shot vibe to me due to how it's supposed to attract both new and Pokemon Go players into the main series, experiment with a Pokemon game on the Switch before the next generation comes out and get more people to buy a Switch. While they do need to try to get people into the franchise all the time, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee relies on how Pokemon Go is still relatively new, only celebrating its second anniversary earlier this month, and that the Switch is still pretty new/expensive. I'm just not sure if they'll be in a position in the future where trying to target Pokemon Go fans with a different kind of Pokemon game would sound as reasonable as it does now.

Despite how a lot of fans wanted D/P remakes, they went for another Kanto remake most likely because it is so recognizable for new and long time fans. Putting out a traditional D/P remake would satisfy a lot of fans, but it wouldn't attract nearly as much attention as anything related to the first generation. Not to mention I don't know if they could choose Pokemon as iconic/popular to be the mascots/starters like Pikachu and Eevee. Even reusing them might get old after awhile.

I'm not against Let's Go becoming its own series, if only because I can't how well I'll like the games until I play through them. Plus, the idea of getting console remakes of other regions sounds nice on paper, especially when it would be giving attention to other older regions and going through an upgrade Johto would be quite nice for me, but I'm just having a hard time seeing them turning these games into a series.

I don't know about the other gens

But I'm guessing Let's go Togepi and Let's Go Marill for gen II and Pokémon Let's Go Zorua and Let's Go Minccino for gen V but I doubt it will make it past gen III

If there are going to be Let's GO Johto games I think the mascots will be any two Johto starters with the third starter being gifted later in both versions.
Starters are the most well-known Pokemon of these regions and will make good starters without the need of tweaking (for obvious reasons).

I don’t think it’s going to continue after LGPE anyway.

Unova - It's a controversial region in general, and moreso among the 'casual crowd'. Debatably the prime of the ‘GameFreak is running out of ideas!' era. Many Pokémon like trubbish and vanilite line were criticised and the complaints of 'too many Pokemon' also arose.
Pokémon Let's Go Trubbish and Vanillite?

If there are going to be Let's GO Johto games I think the mascots will be any two Johto starters with the third starter being gifted later in both versions.
Starters are the most well-known Pokemon of these regions and will make good starters without the need of tweaking (for obvious reasons).

I don’t think it’s going to continue after LGPE anyway.
Well, there's Togepi and Marill who are mascot Pokemon in Gen 2. Same with Ralts and Skitty for Gen 3.

Due to their Large Successful Sales numbers for Let's go Pikachu & Eevee; More Let's Go Games are Inevitable from a Business Standpoint. . .

Except that other regions are not household names like Kanto- which was a very strong driving factor in sales.

LGPE is to GameFreak what Wii was to Nintendo.

Except that other regions are not household names like Kanto- which was a very strong driving factor in sales.

LGPE is to GameFreak what Wii was to Nintendo.
What do You Mean; OF COURSE Let's go will get more titles outside of Kanto; It'd be a Foolish & Bad Business Decision NOT to take advantage of all the Customers who loved the first game that would want to buy Let's Go Johto, or any future entries. . .

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom