• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Possible Continuations if Successful

What Third Games would YOU like to see as a Pokemon Let's Go Game

• Total voters
What do You Mean; OF COURSE Let's go will get more titles outside of Kanto; It'd be a Foolish & Bad Business Decision NOT to take advantage of all the Customers who loved the first game that would want to buy Let's Go Johto, or any future entries. . .

That’s my entire point- Jimmy's grandma bought Let's Go Pikachu for him because she knew what a Pikachu was. She doesn’t know what a Riolu is.

I’ve already made posts on the topic which you may want to read and reply to.

I don’t see any Let's Go game beyond possibly Johto.

That’s my entire point- Jimmy's grandma bought Let's Go Pikachu for him because she knew what a Pikachu was. She doesn’t know what a Riolu is.

I’ve already made posts on the topic which you may want to read and reply to.

I don’t see any Let's Go game beyond possibly Johto.
Well I Do; I See Let's Go Crystal; Let's Go Emerald; & Let's Go Platinum. . .

I’ll believe we'll get games beyond Let's Go Johto when I'll get an argument for this:
I have explained my reasoning for why I feel LGPE is a one off in various posts. I'll just copy-paste them with some modifications to make my point.

I still firmly believe that LGPE is one off. It is very clearly meant to be a stepping stone to the main series games.
Kanto and Johto are the only regions imo which can pull off the LGPE treatment. I've mentioned it in my other posts.
LGPE requires a Region, and roster with universal appeal, with Pokemon which can be recognised at a glance by the general public, and the original 151 (+Johto) are those Pokemon, not the Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos sets.

Due to the tone of the Let’s go series, I doubt they’re going to extend beyond Johto...
Nostalgia is a factor in the creation of these games, too. So a Let's Go- Cyndaquil and Totodile seem plausible, but nothing after that seems likely to me-

Hoenn - It already got its traditional remake so I doubt they’re remaking Hoenn again so soon.

Sinnoh - It was basically the anti-casual region, and children were reported to have problems navigating it. I’ve seen many people say that the game seems became linear after Sinnoh was a thing. It also began the trend of 'extreme genwunners' where people began to think GameFreak 'ran out of ideas'.

Unova - It's a controversial region in general, and moreso among the 'casual crowd'. Debatably the prime of the ‘GameFreak is running out of ideas!' era. Many Pokémon like trubbish and vanilite line were criticised and the complaints of 'too many Pokemon' also arose.

Kalos and Alola - We're really expecting Kalos and Alola games anytime soon?

I don’t think an entire Let's Go subseries will be required to keep the new fans from Let's Go. They’ll buy any other Pokémon main game just because it’s Pokemon, and they would want to justify their purchase of a Switch.

Imo Kanto and Johto are the only regions which are suited to the Let's Go format. Not to mention the casual crowd can adapt to the general main series games after being introduced to some mechanics via Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee.

Let's Go Games were a careful mixture of Kanto nostalgia, Pokemon mania 2.0 and the timeline of Switch release which cannot be replicated consistently long term.

I agree. Let's Go would get stale if all of the games were set in Kanto.
Exactly; there's no reason to keep it exclusive to Kanto; that would be Stale, Predictable, and Boring; Like New Super Mario Bros, or Mario Party 9 & 10[Thank goodness Super Mario Party was a return to the beloved Format from Mario party 1-8], or Paper Mario Sticker Star & Color Splash. . .

They outright said that LGPE had the potential to spawn its own sub-series.

And they said that Gyms won’t go from the series right before SM, and that Generation 8 will be aimed at veterans, but in the direct they took a u-turn and said that they’ll also cater to Let's Go fans and people playing their first Pokemon game.

Exactly; there's no reason to keep it exclusive to Kanto; that would be Stale, Predictable, and Boring; Like New Super Mario Bros, or Mario Party 9 & 10[Thank goodness Super Mario Party was a return to the beloved Format from Mario party 1-8], or Paper Mario Sticker Star & Color Splash. . .

There's another way for it to not go stale- just not make any more Let's Go games because those beyond Johto won’t work out better than traditional remakes (which have an added bonus of not pissing off normal fans).

PS: bolding your entire post is a tad bit annoying.

Let's Go would get stale if every game was set in either Kanto or Johto. If they want to make Let's Go a subseries (which I think is happening) then they need to branch out to the other regions.

Let's Go would get stale if every game was set in either Kanto or Johto. If they want to make Let's Go a subseries (which I think is happening) then they need to branch out to the other regions.

Why do you and @p0pp1i0D3f3nd3r think that a traditional remake of anything beyond Johto would sell less than a Let's Go game in the same region?

The LGPE fans don't (know of and) particularly like the regions further than Johto like I explained before.

And I feel like both of you are just ignoring my points whenever you find it fit.

Why do you and @p0pp1i0D3f3nd3r think that a traditional remake of anything beyond Johto would sell less than a Let's Go game in the same region?

The LGPE fans don't (know of and) particularly like the regions further than Johto like I explained before.

And I feel like both of you are just ignoring my points whenever you find it fit.
You're just making assumptions about LGPE fans. Some want to see more than just Kanto and Johto getting the Let's Go treatment. There's even a thread about Let's Go Hoenn and Let's Go Sinnoh.

You're just making assumptions about LGPE fans. Some want to see more than just Kanto and Johto getting the Let's Go treatment. There's even a thread about Let's Go Hoenn and Let's Go Sinnoh.

LGPE has been explicitly aimed at people new to Pokémon who don’t know about the lesser promoted Pokémon.

Anyone at Bulbagarden Forums is by default not the primary target demographic because they care about Pokemon enough to register and post about Pokemon.
Most of the posters here would buy a regular Sinnoh remake or a Let's Go Sinnoh Remake all the same.

And both of you dodged my question and all my points so I don’t see any sense in debating this much.
Is any of you actually interested in discussing the points?

Lets Go Johto is going to be the next and last of the Lets Go games.
They are specifically catering to players that either want to come to the main series after playing pokemon GO, or are lapsed pokemon fans back from the PokeMania era.

The short answer is: They'll probably release Let's Go Johto and then re-evaluate.

Let's Go games are primarily aimed for kids and Go players. The latter are gradually getting to know all the Pokemon, while the former just need a cute partner Pokemon and the catching mechanics.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom