• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Post game?

Legendaries are neat and all, but I want a post game that is hard to beat.

When I heard that Red and Blue would appear in SM, I got excited because I thought it would be more of a challange, but they are both farily easy to beat at that point. Red's strongest pokémon is in level 65? or so, and I find that somewhat disappointing. I'd rather have stronger trainers than more legendaries.

Even if they do make me go catch legendaries, I want something difficult along the way, like a weird maze or crazy strong trainers. Or both. In X and Y you just had to waltz into a cave to find Mewtwo, in ORAS they just give you Latias/Latios, AND Rayquaza, and in Sun and Moon you just pushed a couple of boulders to get to the Tapus.

I really hope US and UM's post game is better. Normally I don't mind small post-games, but Sun and Moon's post-game, once the UBs were taken care of, is pretty much non-existent, like RBY level of non-existent. At least in X and Y there was the battle chateau and rebattling your rival.

You mean like how in SM there was the Battle Tree and you could rebattle Hau (plus several other trainers) in Champion Defense? I don't get how people keep claiming SM's post game was the same or worse than XY's, XY was barebones beyond anything in the modern era. You had a story arc, 3 legendaries to catch, the Friend Safari, and the usual battle facility and that's it, and most of that could all be done in about 2 or 3 hours. At least with SM you had some actual post game areas and actual sidequests to do. Yeah, SM's post game wasn't great and I'd like to see more post game content, but let's not act like it was horrendous. We've had worse post games from this series before.

As far as the possibility of a fifth island, I'm not so sure we're getting one and that alone wouldn't make me buy this game anyway. Even if they did have one, that would still make it more like FRLG, where they're just keeping the core experience the same and tacking things onto the end when I'm looking for more of a BW2-esque remix of the original game (and judging by this map, that's clearly not happening). But I don't even think they'll do that much. Game Freak has had a very style over substance approach to region design lately, focusing on the aesthetics and graphics of the games' regions than the amount of content that's in them. Think about it, several of the recent regions have had a lot of areas that look like they're explorable but aren't, and remakes and third versions really haven't been adding much to the region (see RSE -> ORAS and now SM's map -> USUM's map). From the looks of it, they seem to think that making the areas in this game look slightly more alive and full of Pokemon in the overworld is enough to get people excited for going through the same region all over again and they're not concerned with actually expanding the game. So I don't think that cloud is covering a 5th island. Maybe something smaller, but I don't think there's an entire island under there.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom