• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pun me not! Guess the above pokemon.

And how do you expect people to guess which groups of 18 and 5 Pokémon do you mean? Aren't you actually breaking the thread rules a bit by making your clues too cryptic and hard?
Good point. I'll need to think of new ones that are not ridiculously tough. In the meantime, have the full answer to all 3:

Lycanroc has three forms. The trio with one name.

This is probably the most ludicrously difficult one. It's a reference to a TV show named Lost and a recurring set of 6 specific numbers therein: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. The idea was looking for the Pokémon that correspond to these in the three Kalos dexes.

The three hints pointed to a Team Galactic Grunt who exclusively appeared in the Diamond & Pearl Adventure manga, B-2. Said codename is derived from 'booty'. The 5 Pokémon he used are Wurmple, Zubat, Beautifly, Graveler and Drapion.
(The details my hints pointed to have been bolded here.)

Lycanroc has three forms. The trio with one name.
Oh. Makes sense.
This is probably the most ludicrously difficult one. It's a reference to a TV show named Lost and a recurring set of 6 specific numbers therein: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. The idea was looking for the Pokémon that correspond to these in the three Kalos dexes.
Never watched Lost. And yes, you were going more than a bit overboard with this one.
The three hints pointed to a Team Galactic Grunt who exclusively appeared in the Diamond & Pearl Adventure manga, B-2. Said codename is derived from 'booty'. The 5 Pokémon he used are Wurmple, Zubat, Beautifly, Graveler and Drapion.
(The details my hints pointed to have been bolded here.)
I knew what the other meaning of "booty" was, I knew of B-2, and I was thinking about Team Galactic, but still, rather obscure. Better luck next time with a little less obscure clues.
Anyway...

A shy Pokemon that likes to come out outside in the night.
Cleffa?

No clue...

Never watched Lost. And yes, you were going more than a bit overboard with this one.
Not proud of it at this point...
At least I can finally put this and the booty one to rest.

I knew what the other meaning of "booty" was, I knew of B-2, and I was thinking about Team Galactic, but still, rather obscure. Better luck next time with a little less obscure clues.
Got it.

Can't enter your house? I can help!

Klefki

Hint: this Pokemon is from gen 3

Can't enter your house? I can help!
Okay, now you're getting overly simple. Try to find a middle ground...
Hint: this Pokemon is from gen 3
Lombre?

Like many other, I grow up, but with me, you can't be sure what I'll grow up into until I do so. I stick with the choice I make when we first meet. That is my personality. Who am I?

No
It was Snorunt. The “come outside in the night” was a reference to how it appears in the night in route 216/217 in Sinnoh
Like many other, I grow up, but with me, you can't be sure what I'll grow up into until I do so. I stick with the choice I make when we first meet. That is my personality. Who am I?
Wurmple

An angry pink creature with fangs

Snubbull?

For some odd reason, this Pokémon's Shiny form isn't Green.

Here's a hint: He REALLY likes R&B music...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom