• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of ragequitters. Before I lost my Pokemon White, I used to do random matchups. I had never ragequit from the 200 battles I had done. Not once. Even if I knew i was going to lose, Bcuz the other player earned the win. Out of my 200 battles, about 45 of them were rage quitters, and even a couple quit as soon as I had the first attack. I was like, Call us noobs, But you're the one ragequitting :p

Honestly, I hate it when people rage-quit. It was terrible in Pokemon Battle Revolution, but it is a frequent occurence in BW, which really sucks! This better be fixed in BW2.

For one thing, if you're not playing in GBU, your losses will not be displayed for your opponent to see so why would you care if you have that loss on your record? It reeks even more in GBU because your score will not change if your opponent disconnects. Funny how there are no disconnection problems when my opponents are winning but there always seems to be a problem when I, myself, am winning. So either I am incredibly unlucky when it comes to the servers or I seem to attract people who cannot take a loss.

Why does it bother me so much? I mean, it's not like anything comes from winning over random matchup. That's just it! There is nothing that comes from winning or losing! It's just a game! It bothers me because it shows a lack of maturity, disrespect, and the inablility of the opponent to take a loss. This was something that was supposed to be fun (at least the non-GBU portion, which is full of people who cannot take a loss for s***). Those who take it seriously and disconnect because they don't want that loss on their record and couldn't even be assed to finish the game just frustrate me.

Honestly, ragequitters bother me quite a bit. If Im going to train a team to battle over wi-fi, EV them and give them a moveset, I expect to actually have a battle. Honestly, people need to accept that sometimes they will lose. Is it really that bad to have a loss on their battle record? To me, I dont think so. Ive battle casually and lost numerous times, but it's not that big a deal, it just makes me realize I need to improve for future battles.I would never intentionally disconnect just because I was losing. It's only a game after all.

A lot of people in many other games as well as pokemon seem to not be able to take defeat well enough. The penalty rules in B2W2 seems good, but I agree they should make it so that the system could distinguish 'who' disconnected.

I did have that a few times with a couple of guys whom I beat when I actually should've lost (felt kinda good :D). Although it was often followed by some fearsome beating by some guy who played way to well to be human... once I actually wonder whether I was battling Cynthia... felt like I was going against the E4 with a dunsparce ôO

Rage-quitting in-game is OK if you ask me, but that's probably only because I do it (haha). On WiFi though, it makes me SUPER MAD. Don't think I ever done it, maybe have once though.

I never quit but I've been cheated ALOT of wins from people purposefully disconnecting - sad thing is some of them even use legendarys and then get mad when I KO them and just give up. It should be marked as a win for the person that didn't disconnect/quit

Heh. While it annoys me sometimes, I have to admit that knowing you've pissed someone off to the point of a ragequit does feel quite good. It really just shows that they take it far too seriously and can't take a loss...

I don't think there should be a penalty. A person should be able to ragequit if they feel like doing so without a problem. But, it should count as a victory for the other player. After all, the ragequitter ragequit for a reason, and it's that they couldn't win.

I don't think there should be a penalty. A person should be able to ragequit if they feel like doing so without a problem. But, it should count as a victory for the other player. After all, the ragequitter ragequit for a reason, and it's that they couldn't win.
Sometimes people need to understand it's just a battle and they might lose. Honestly people should just learn to be good sports and take a loss. Disconnecting is rude, sometimes its a huge problem because people will continuously disconnect everytime. If a person is going to do that, why do they even battle competitively?

Losing isnt the end of the world, instead, they should try improving their teems for next time and maybe they will win. Im sure those people that disconnect might be mad if someone did that to them. Ive gotten disconnected on before in a battle on PO. It was the only battle I was winning. I felt cheated. I went on there expecting a battle, not to have someone quit halfway through. I would never intentionally disconnect on another person just because I was losing. Ive lost many many times, it's just part of the game.

No one ever ragequit against me actually but that's because they were winning, but even though I never experienced it I think I know what it would feel like. (Think about it, you're battling the League Champion then when you're about to win the DS turns off) In my opinion ragequitting is bad, just a bunch of people who think they're the best and have like a million wins then when they're about to lose once they ragequit, jerks. I never ragequit against real people, only against NPCs. As a result I got around ten losses (and zero wins) in the random match up in my Pokémon Black. Yes, I'm embarrassed, but not ashamed. I would only be ashamed if I ragequit. Cowardice. That's what it is. It's natural to be afraid of losing but c'mon people, you can't expect to win EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think you guys are being a little over dramatic about the whole thing. I understand that in tournaments and stuff it can be really unfair and frustrating, but I want you to ask yourself this: If you are in a random match up, not a competition, just a random match up, how much does someone turning off the game really affect you? Sure, you don't get your little mark on your card but other than that, why does it matter? You won. No matter which way you look at it, you beat whoever it was, and they know that. If you both know who won that match, does it matter that much to have a number?
Don't get me wrong, I like that they've instilled penalties in order to fix this problem. I think that it teaches a good lesson in being a good sport, and it can help with tournaments and fair play. But calling someone a coward, or a jerk ,or a jackas,s just because they didn't let you win your game seems equally immature.

Ah, that's a point I forgot to talk about. I would never, ever, ever, ragequit if I'm battling in person. That's just ridiculous. I only ragequit on Random Matchups and on the Battle Subway.

Ragequitting makes everyone feel bad. Personally, I think tye penalty should be stronger, like sacrificing your battle points per game

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom