• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV Rate the Last Movie you Watched

Fast Five (2011) 9/10
Very entertaining movie, definitely worth seeing in theaters (make sure you stay for the post-credits scene if you go see it).

Limitless

10/10

such an amazing movie. it's simply mind-blowing. it has tons of action, but it's also very complex.

Remake of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

6/10

No where near as good as the original. Johnny Depp is so gaunt. He hasn't been attractive since Fear and Loathing.
Still, no bad though.

The Simpsons Movie
8/10
I only really watched it because of Green Day, since I don't care for the Simpsons. :O

The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift

8/10
Racing parts were amazing. Overall storyline was pretty good, except the main actor (could've done better)

Alpha and Omega

5/10

Serious issues with the modeling and animation, weak story, but there were some cute parts.

Remake of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.

6/10

No where near as good as the original. Johnny Depp is so gaunt. He hasn't been attractive since Fear and Loathing.
Still, no bad though.

He needs to stop making a weird Tim Burton movie every year. His performance in Fear and Loathing is incredible.

Gerry

Slow-paced and decisively minimalist film from Gus Van Sant in which Matt Damon and Casey Affleck get lost in the wildnerness and roam around endlessly in a futile effort to find water and return to civilisation. With that, I've just described 99.9% of the story. What little dialogue there is mostly inconsequental and reveals little about the characters themselves. Something very dramatic does unfold at the very end, albeit in the most hauntingly subdued way possible.

It's a film which I suspect will either leave you utterly entranced or bored out of your wits (no surprises that it garnered such a mixed reaction upon release). Luckily for me, I found myself in the former camp. I was fascinated with this movie. Van Sant seems to have gone out of his way to create a film with as little to it as possible, but which still manages to convey a great sense of emotion, a sort of purity in which the characters find themselves in an utterly desperate situation, one of wandering endlessly and only going deeper and deeper into the void, and which allows the atmopshere, cinematography and subdued performances of the two leads to do most of the talking. So little actually happens, and yet it's such an absorbing journey, as hypnotic as it is deadening.

8.5/10

Tangled 9/10
Really surprised how good this movie was. The songs were great the story was actually more than Rapunzel retold. The horse Maximus seemed like an important character but he really wasn't.

Passion Play: 8/10

Great performances by Bill Murray and Mickey Rourke. Megan Fox, though...yeah...

Special effects were crappy, story was a bit dull. B- is a fitting grade.

Rubber

A rogue car tyre with a knack for making people's heads explode using psychokinetic powers goes on a murderous rampage (yes, you read that right). Also, something about spectators with binoculars who enable everything to happen.

Obviously very silly - though there's less of the shlock factor than you might expect, it being largely sidelined for some sort of deliberately glib and smart-alecky commentary upon the nature of fiction - but it's pretty fun and provides a few laugh-out-loud moments, particularly at the end.

6.5/10

Kiki's Delivery Service 10/10

There are a million reasons I could give to show why this is such a great movie, but I think this sums it up best: after I was done watching it, I became profoundly depressed simply because it was over and I had no idea as to what I was supposed to do with the rest of my life... Yeah.

The Bourne Identity: 8/10
Action sequences were great, plot was great, movie was great. As a side note, I was told that it would be hard to follow if I didn't pay attention, but I was able to figure most important things out before they were explained in the dialogue....

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World 10/10 One of the funniest movies I have ever watched, definitely worth anyone's time.

Back
Top Bottom