• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Region Fakedex help.

CameronMcloud

Reaction score
Hi there! I’m trying to come up with my own Pokémon Region like every other diehard artistic fanboy out there! But in all seriousness I really do want to do this as a creative endeavor and as a personal dream.

I want to make something special for this franchise and learn how to do it. I want to see my ideas finally realized and my personal vision finally removed from my mind and shared with others.

I’m so close to getting this thing nailed down for the future, I just need a little help from anyone interested in giving me ideas/advice/criticism in anyway. I hope I can find enough kind people to give my idea a chance.

I’m trying to complete the outline of my Regions Fakedex. It’s not based anywhere particular yet but I want to go for a multicultural vibe. So the creature range is quite varied. No names/stats/moves/etc. Just the creature, their typing, and their dex number. haven’t decided on the starters yet and a lot of them either are missing final parts as I try to find the perfect mons to create. So I’m hoping some of you have ideas to help me fill it out just a little bit more.
Hear’s the list so far. “Base” means a non-evolving Mon that I haven’t decided on and “???” means a type hasn’t been decided. If it’s only a type then that means the creature hasn’t been decided. Hope that helps.
  1. Starter-Grass
  2. Starter-Grass/
  3. Starter-Grass/
  4. Starter-Fire
  5. Starter-Fire/
  6. Starter-Fire/
  7. Starter-Water
  8. Starter-Water/
  9. Starter-Water/
  10. Hamster-Normal
  11. Guinea Pig-Normal
  12. Bird-Flying/Normal
  13. Bird-Flying/???
  14. Bird-Flying/???
  15. Cockroach-Bug
  16. Cockroach-Bug/Dark
  17. Grasshopper-Bug
  18. Grasshopper-Bug/Fighting
  19. Base-Normal
  20. Mage-Psychic
  21. Wizard-Psychic
  22. Sorcerer-Psychic/Dark
  23. Fire Pet
  24. Fire Pet
  25. Water Pet
  26. Water Pet
  27. Grass Pet
  28. Grass Pet
  29. Ground Pet
  30. Ground Pet
  31. Electric Pet
  32. Electric Pet
  33. Base-???
  34. Rock
  35. Rock
  36. Rock
  37. Sugarplum-Fairy
  38. Sugarplum-Fairy
  39. Banshee-Ghost
  40. Banshee-Ghost
  41. Poison
  42. Poison
  43. Dark
  44. Dark
  45. Steel
  46. Steel
  47. Base-Dragon/Flying
  48. Grass/Fairy
  49. Grass/Fairy
  50. Grass/Fairy
  51. Base-Water/Normal
  52. Wallaby-Fighting
  53. Kangaroo-Fighting
  54. Flying
  55. Flying
  56. Normal
  57. Normal
  58. Base-Grass/???
  59. Salamander-Fire
  60. Salamander-Fire
  61. Salamander-Fire/Dragon
  62. Kelpie-Water/Fairy
  63. Kelpie-Water/Fairy
  64. Gnome-Ice/???
  65. Ogre-Ice/???
  66. Troll-Ice/???
  67. ???
  68. ???
  69. Base-Psychic
  70. Jester-Dark/???
  71. Jester-Dark/???
  72. Owl-???/Flying
  73. Owl-???/Flying
  74. Robot-Steel
  75. Robot-Steel
  76. Robot-Steel
  77. Ant-Bug
  78. Ant Queen-Bug/???
  79. Ant King-Bug/???
  80. Chimp-Electric
  81. Gorilla-Electric
  82. Base-Poison/???
  83. Ground
  84. Ground
  85. Ground
  86. Fossil-Rock/???
  87. Fossil-Rock/???
  88. Fossil-Rock/???
  89. Fossil-Rock/???
  90. Artifact-Steel/???
  91. ???
  92. ???
  93. Grass
  94. Grass
  95. Electric
  96. Electric
  97. Electric
  98. Base-Water/???
  99. Wyvern-Dragon/Dark
  100. Wyvern-Dragon/Dark
  101. Twin/Rival-Fairy
  102. Twin/Rival-Dark
  103. Pikaclone-Electric/???
  104. Halloween-Ghost
  105. Halloween-Ghost
  106. Halloween-Ghost
  107. ???
  108. ???
  109. Gecko-Poison
  110. Iguana-Poison
  111. Komodo-Poison/Dragon
  112. Behemoth-Rock/Ground
  113. Pepper-Grass/Fire
  114. Pepper-Grass/Fire
  115. ???
  116. ???
  117. ???
  118. ???
  119. Base-???
  120. Fighting
  121. Fighting
  122. Fighting
  123. Stingray-Water/Electric
  124. Stingray-Water/Electric
  125. Garden Eel-Water/Ground
  126. Moray Eel-Water/Dark
  127. Plankton-Water/Bug
  128. Psychic
  129. Psychic
  130. Alpaca-Ice/Normal
  131. Alpaca-Ice/Normal
  132. Penguin-Ice/Steel
  133. Penguin-Ice/Steel
  134. Fairy
  135. Fairy
  136. Shadow-Dark/Ghost
  137. Shadow-Dark/Ghost
  138. Knight-Steel/Fighting
  139. Knight-Steel/Fighting
  140. Egg-Dragon/Normal
  141. Dino-Dragon/Normal
  142. Mystic-Dragon/Fairy
No legendaries yet. Can’t think of a good opposite that would make good names for box art. Also I’m biased against legendaries but that’s just me. Let me know what new creatures/types would fit, what types are neglected/overused, and what else I can improve.

Thanks again in advance for your time and assistance.

~Cam

That’s cool of you! I mean I’m not starved for ideas, I just make way too many and then things become unruly. I just need some outside editing to just sit me down at times and just go “get it done”. I can be very indecisive.

Many of my ideas come from other creature games/shows. Spectrobes, No No Kuni, and Flint the Time Detective. This list is also improvised from a MLP/Pokémon fanfic Pokédex that the author gave me permission to draw from. I’m mostly using it for number placement but I’m enjoying trying to be more original and drawing less from my inspirations. The key word being “try”.

I’ve seen some of your region mons and I’m incredibly impressed by your level of detail. I’m just trying to do the bare bones minimum just so I can start commissioning/drawing them myself. I’d love to see a simple list of what you have planned. In return I can also link you, or anyone else interested, in looking at my own ideas in a google doc I’ve dubbed “The Unlimited Dex”! Witch is just this kinda list only up to a massive 400 monster ideas. (and counting)

I’ve seen some of your region mons and I’m incredibly impressed by your level of detail. I’m just trying to do the bare bones minimum just so I can start commissioning/drawing them myself. I’d love to see a simple list of what you have planned. In return I can also link you, or anyone else interested, in looking at my own ideas in a google doc I’ve dubbed “The Unlimited Dex”! Witch is just this kinda list only up to a massive 400 monster ideas. (and counting)

I can do a simple list of designs, and I might offer different sorts of types. Would it be fine if I gave some names as well?

I can do a simple list of designs, and I might offer different sorts of types. Would it be fine if I gave some names as well?
Sure thing! Any little bit helps. If you can PM me your email I can add you to the Unlimited Dex google doc for you to access. If that sounds ok in return?

Sure thing! Any little bit helps. If you can PM me your email I can add you to the Unlimited Dex google doc for you to access. If that sounds ok in return?

Sure, I use my school email, so I'll send that IG. If that is fine. I'll start with basics though, because I still got some ideas. I'll also take some of these out and make them into my dex if that's fine

Sure, I use my school email, so I'll send that IG. If that is fine. I'll start with basics though, because I still got some ideas. I'll also take some of these out and make them into my dex if that's fine
Totally fine. If my ideas help you finish your work as well that makes me feel pretty great to help too.

1. Chimp-Electric
  2. Gorilla-Electric
So, for these two, I feel like a chimp electric type could be called Monkastatic. Monkey and Static combined. and a Gorilla could possibly be Gorishock, Gorilla and Shock lol. But, maybe give them a fighting type, or at least the Gorilla because they are known to be strong

1. Chimp-Electric
  2. Gorilla-Electric
So, for these two, I feel like a chimp electric type could be called Monkastatic. Monkey and Static combined. and a Gorilla could possibly be Gorishock, Gorilla and Shock lol. But, maybe give them a fighting type, or at least the Gorilla because they are known to be strong
Those can work, but I think-
“Chimplug”-(Chimp+Plug)
And
“Gorillamp-(Gorilla+Amp)
-sound better to me. Also yes Electric/Fighting is a great idea since it hasn’t been done yet.

Ok, the roadrunner/emu in your Ultimate Dex looks cool. I feel like that the Roadrunner with be a speedy pokemon, and the Emu will be sorta slow.

Since they are ground, the Roadrunner could be Correquake (Correcaminos + Earthquake) and the Emu could be Erosiadroma (Erosion + Dromaius)

Sure thing. I’m just gonna post the Unlimited Dex her at this rate. Maybe even open it to the site for anyone to use. I don’t think I need to put that much security on a google doc like this.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom